[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm 23years old and heading to Copenhagen tomorrow night
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 1500x1001) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 1500x1001
So I'm 23years old and heading to Copenhagen tomorrow night and it will be my first trip abroad. I plan to stay there a few days then travel down to Berlin and through Germany. I plan to see the Netherlands and end my trip in Ireland.

I have zero time frame, I'm just going with the flow and hardly planning other then the basic essential plans.

What should I know? Anyone that's been to Copenhagen have any recommendations?

I will be staying in hostels and the most expensive thing I'll have is my phone so I'm to worried about theft.

Money conversion I won't touch the airport, I'm just gonna use an atm and take out 100+ at a time.
>>
>>1108140
I'm more just asking any experienced travels to give me some tips to make it amazing.

I'm going alone and I'm not awkward or socially inept. I'm just looking to experience the Beauty.
>>
>>1108140
I loved Copenhagen.
About theft, Copenhagen would rank among the safest cities of Europe. Just be careful, as always, just in case, but that's pretty much it. It's extremely safe.

I'm a History lover so I pretty much enjoyed the museums there. If you're into that, let me know, I can make a small lists of museums. I also did a small day trip to Hillbrod. Also, Danes like to close down shops on Mondays for some reason.
Go visit Tivoli gardens, especially at night. It's not as beautiful as in snowy winter, but it's still a magic place.
>>
>>1108144
Not OP, but am spending a week in Copenhagen in August. I'm a public history major so I'd love a list of museums to see while I'm there.
>>
>>1108210
Sure thing!

National Museum of Denmark is kinda overlooked by the general public (not enough "famous art") but it's awesome because it teaches you about Denmark's history, and you'll get to see viking artifacts. It also houses items from Greenland, so yeah, a pretty awesome museum in general.

Then you've got the private-owned Carlsberg Glyptotek. It's actually one of the finest museums of the world dedicated to sculptures in general. It's mostly Roman and French 19th century sculpture, but they also have beautiful 19th century French paintings. One of the best museums I've ever visited.

Then there's the National Gallery of Denmark. That's where you get to see "famous art". I personally skipped the French art section because I didn't have time and I also spend most of my life and time dedicated to French art, so I wanted to change a bit. There's a beautiful collection of Danish Golden age art.

Grab a train and go to Hillbrod. It's only one hour away from Central Copenhagen and there's a beautiful castle surrounded by a nice lake.
>>
>>1108237
Awesome, thanks man
>>
I am going with a friend to Copenhagen for 3-4 days. What else there is to do than visit Christiania and drink beer?
>>
Don't miss Lübek on your way from Copenhagen to Berlin.
>>
>>1108478
Thanks, I look into it!
>>
>>1108140
Hire a bike dude and go go all over the place.

Go to Christiania too, autonomous hippy community
>>
>>1108478
Definitely this
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.