[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
might be going to new york (nyc) soon for vacation or for some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: new york city.jpg (833 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
new york city.jpg
833 KB, 1920x1080
might be going to new york (nyc) soon for vacation or for some potential job internships ( business related ) I was there a couple years ago and Loved it, i've always loved big cities and new york is like the city of the world the megacities of megacities and the crossroads of the world, please help me /trv/ what are the best sights and the must see places and attractions in new york and how to maximize time and make the most of the things and places and times I have there I want to get the full new york experience and know and be ready for whats its really like if I live there and work or study there one day, please help me /trv/.... any new yorkers or people who have lived and worked or played there before...?
>>
Ground zero.
Metropolitan museum of Art
Empire State building
Central Park
Bronx zoo.
Get the Time Out guide for other things to do.
Take the subways and buses. Go to mta.info.
>>
>>1107623

>native

don't rush it
people-watch
not the museum of sex
never times square
theskint.com
coney island if there for the summer <-- this is the great equalizer of new yorkers. there are neighborhoods that consist of specific economic classes and cultures but EVERYONE goes to coney island on a hot saturday. it's beautiful. if you swim in the water you might grow extra limbs tho
thursdays in chelsea walk into a gallery that's showing shit art and get shitty free wine. it doesn't matter if you're underage they won't card
there are some nice bars in bk
belmont's little italy
bronx zoo or botanical gardens
flushing's chinatown
fuck you
>>
File: 1455941141301.jpg (660 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
1455941141301.jpg
660 KB, 1024x683
Check out some of the neighborhoods between the financial district and midtown. People always spend way to much fucking time dicking around in midtown. Greenwich Village and shit like that are honestly must-sees for me. Especially considering within the next few years all the nice colonial-revival and historic architecture that gives the neighborhood its cool "bohemian" (if that's what you want to call it) vibe will probably be demolished and replaced by high-rise glass box luxury condos marketed to chinks and Russian oligarchs.
>>
Everyone has it covered here but go to prospect park and the brooklyn art museum. The brooklyn museum has a shit ton of egyptian artifacts that are cool AF.
Also
>high line (go during the week if you can)
>manhatten-bronx high bridge (the area around there is safe enough and it's a nice walk)
>arthur avenue (the little italy in manhatten is basically china town now)
And go to the cloysters and wave hill. 2 underrated spots with nice views of the hudson.
>>
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 1060x404) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 1060x404
Is it dangerous to walk around NYC at night? I'm going there for a weekend to see a concert and my family is acting like I'm going to get shanked because I'll be alone. The hotel I have reservations for is right in the middle of Manhattan so I'm assuming it'll still be pretty lit up around 10-11pm at nighttime.
>>
>>1107623
McDonald's
Bubba Gump Shrimp Co
Times Square
Statue of Liberty
JFK airport
Cash Cab
Sbarro Pizza
>>
>>1110051
The Michael Scott tour of NYC
>>
>>1110049
Walking around nighttime is safe where you are. Just avoid parks at night and places in Brooklyn and Bronx. Be aware of your surroundings and keep your phone hidden.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.