[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About Thailand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: th.png (21 KB, 2560x1707) Image search: [Google]
th.png
21 KB, 2560x1707
Hey guys, I´ll be living in Thai for around 9 months at the province of chonburi.
And got some questions:

Any advice abou thai and the sorroundings of chonburi?
Any advice on Thai ppl customs and manners?
How´s internet in Thailand?
It is cheap to travel through the country?
Are there things I should avoid beside traps?
Best Thai food dishes I should try?

Any adv is welcome, I just know the basic things about thailand.
>>
Check out Sriracha, home namesake of the sauce, don't let Pattaya's rep scare you away. It's the biggest city in the province and has more going for it than the infamous Walking Street. Especially as an expat. Don't worry about avoiding traps. It's a non issue. Try all of the food, even the bugs. You're there for months.
>>
I envy you, OP. That's a dream for me, move there for sometime. As you see, i never lived there but i know a lot about "the land of smiles". I can't answer all the questions actually but i will try to help you.

>any advice on Thai ppl customs and manners?
As i told, Thai is the land of the smiles. Everyone smiles for everything, even if they are sad. But be careful, not every time it can be a positive smile, try not be persuated by it.
Also, Thais don't like people yelling. Don't touch thais head for no reason, it's very disrespectful and unpolite. They are very nacionalist, so if you eulogize their country, they will be very proud of you. Also, never pay the price that sellers tell you. Bargain rules. They do everytime.

>it is cheap to travel through the country?
Depends. Some things are expensive and others are cheap. Depends of your coyntry's currency. But the day-a-day wastes are very cheap. Food, rents, very cheap actually. Touristic places are overpriced, btw.

>are there things I should avoid beside traps?
Scammers. There are scammers everywhere in Thailand. Take care if someone approches you speaking english and trying to help you. Always remember: is too good to be true? fake! Also, do not rent jetskis, it's another scam but much expensive. DON'T DO DRUGS. Thailand is not the country for that. Or you will in jail, or will pay an absurd bribe to police. Also, bribes are common.

Where are you from, and where did this opportunity to move to Thailand? I'm interested.

I expected i helped you somehow.
>>
>>1106056
Thanks for the adv anon, I´m from Mexico.
A Japanese company will be opening bussines here, so ill be sent as a trainee.

Also by the things yo mentioned and other things i have read by now, customs and manners feel a little bit like Japan.
>>
>>1106074
What line of work?
>>
I found this Thailander guy on Youtube he's good at giving out travel info, he might be able to help you out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6avp9qSfTsI :)
>>
Fucking hookers is a bit part of Thai culture, don't be ashamed. Ask your new Thai friends if you can join them at Karaoke.
>>
>>1107267
Manufacturing components for the automotive industry in Mexico.
>>
>>1106056
Ignore this guy on the drugs part. Drugs are perfectly safe if you aren't utterly retarded. I currently live in Hat Yai but have lived in Chiang Mai and Phuket. I smoked weed everywhere. Just don't be stupid and buy drugs off random Thai guys in the street or tuk tuk drivers.

Never once had a problem and I regularly smoke in public areas and the beach (while making sure not to be totally obvious about it).

Buy your weed or really any other drugs from foreigners or rasta bars and you'll never have a problem
>>
>>1108189
All true, but it only takes one cop wanting a large bribe or the renown of being the one to arrest a foreigner. 95% safe though.

>>1106043
You can check out Koh Chang and Koh Kood, hit Cambodia for dirt cheap, travel within the country is cheap. You can friend Airasia, Nok air and Bangkok air on FB and see deals pop up, yes it will be in Thai but you can click to the deal and switch the site over to English.

How do you plan on getting around? What type of Visa will you be on?

The white skin is beautiful is true, but I don't see being Mexican being any trouble.

My favorite Thai dish is Kanaa muu grop.

Random Thai shit. If it starts with a "K" its pronounced with a G, so Krabi is Grabi. A Kh means a "K".

If it ends in an L, its an N, so Football = Footbon,

In big cities Pharmacists usually have passable to good levels of English, go to them for regular meds. You don't get doctors appointments for throat infections etc, you just head to the hospital, but really you can just go to the Pharmacist for that.

Getting into a heated argument with a Thai isn't worth it, not every situation will end in violence, but Thailand does have an issue with face and pride.
>>
>>1108189
Weed is safe, most you will come across is "fine"(bribe). Anything harder is an issue
>>
>>1107274
The problem is Westerners parade their hooking in public while the Asians (Thai, Japanese, Chinese ) are more discrete. Most of the sexpat disdain comes among locals comes from this fact.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.