[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /trv/ recommend Airbnb?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1444053315375.gif (1 MB, 636x550) Image search: [Google]
1444053315375.gif
1 MB, 636x550
Traveling to Tokyo for 2 weeks is Airbnb a good resource? I stayed with a woman and her boyfriend last trip and it was nice but I've been told it's an expensive alternative.
>>
>>1049340
You can get small private rooms for less than a bed in a hostel dorm, and luxurious lofts in expensive areas of the city, and anything in between. So it can be expensive, but it does not have to.

It can be particularly good if you are traveling with a group of people, as sharing the rent of a flat turns out as a pretty good deal, compared to hostels and mid-range hotels.

You can have some socialization with the hosts if they are open to it. Some of them will socialize a lot with you and show you around. while others are all business. You can usually tell this apart by reading reviews.

Good luck.
>>
It's cheaper than a hotel, more expensive than a hostel. Can be better or worse than either one, depends on the room.

I lived in one for two weeks, it was the side room in this sweet old Israeli lady's house. It was breddy good, though I was always a little conscious of the fact that I was in someone's house, not a hotel
>>
what's your daily budget?
>>
It's your best bet in Tokyo imo. Hostels ain't really a thing in Japan, but guest houses do advertise on airbnb.
>>
>>1049353
$60
>>
>>1049355

What I don't like about a hostel is I never feel my things are safe when I'm not there.

Anyone had a bad experience in one?
>>
>>1049342
>It's cheaper than a hotel, more expensive than a hostel.

This is what I generally find which kinda makes me wonder why solo travelers ever go to stay at AirBnB. I heard of people having houses remodeled to look like hostels and people stay there but there's no benefits compared to staying in a hostel. In fact it's usually actually worse. The locations are worse, there's less services, you probably won't be offered those free walking tours they often have from hostels and so on.

I can see this as being a good deal to rent out a large place between many friends though. If you want a private place you will likely pay less than if you were to book hotel rooms. But for solo travelers it's useless.
>>
On short term no.
Long term its good yes

T traveling all asia with it
>>
>>1049477
>On short term no.
Why not?
I'd rather say
Short term= ABNB>Hotel
Long term (>1mo) = Service appartment>ABNB

OP, I do recommend.
I've used it in Paris, Bordeaux, Mauritius, Cape Town, and considering it for my next trip to HK since the hotels in my areas of choice are getting more and more expensive.

I have always rented whole places, that have always been better and cheaper than equivalent hotels (equivalent in terms of location, space available, overall standing).

You have enough room to keep your stuff during your trips, and the kitchen is nice to fix breakfast, reheat leftovers of your previous night dinner or just fix something when (and this happens on long/busy trips) you feel like spending the whole day in boxer shorts on your computer/TV.

Over the years I've seen an increasing number of professionals advertising on ABNB, since the website takes a fee you'd be better off looking for the Professional on other websites tho.
>>
>>1049490

Thanks for the reply

Yes the host was great and drank with me last time, but I've wondered if hostels are cheaper and better if I'm low maintenance...hmm
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.