[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /trv/ might be going to new york soon, I love big cities
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: new york city.jpg (1 MB, 3648x2368) Image search: [Google]
new york city.jpg
1 MB, 3648x2368
hey /trv/ might be going to new york soon, I love big cities and want more than anything to see all the sights and learn and play and work it up in an international and multicultural and business city of the world like new york I might be going there for a few weeks or months please help me /biz/ what should I do I really want to live and see and be in and out new york
>>
If you want to live here have money. To visit get a Time Out guide.
>>
I don't really get what you are asking. Are you asking for advice on a matter or just generally things in new york to do?

Also I am assuming by New York, you mean the city and not the state.
>>
>>1097849
anyway, I'll let you know a few things I've learned from visiting. Firstly, to get a decent view of the city you don't have to pay a load of money to go up the empire state building, the world trade center, or the rock. In fact, I would never recommend going up the empire state building, cause then you wont see the empire state building. Of the three I would say the Rockefeller tower is the best, cause you are pretty much in the middle, you can see central park, the financial district, the esb, and pretty much everything. But in reality if you are there for a while, like a few months, just get friendly with a security guard, janitor, banker, anybody who works in a fairly tall, non-landmarked building. As long as you are actually friends with them and not just using them, I'm sure they would be happy to let you up there. Personally I've not tried that in New York, but done similar things in Montreal and Portland.

Food wise if you are looking to save money don't go to eat where tourists would usually be - empire state building, financial district, times square ect. Instead head towards harlem or queens to get decent valued food. Less safe maybe, but still a lot safer than most of the world.
>>
>>1097853
Yeah harlem and bronx have dirt cheap foods from my experience
>>
manhattans china town food is also super cheap
queens is basically one big china/korea-town so theres lots of food
especially around flushing and elmhurst
>>
>>1097469
Wish this meme would die. It's not even remotely true, as evidenced by the tremendous amount of poor people that live in NYC.
>>
>>1098399
The poor live in the projects or apartments that the rent has been sent to past rates.
>>
>>1098704
Called rent control. Someone may pay $400 a month while a newcomer may pay the going rate.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.