[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Busan, South Korea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Busan.original.jpg (902 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Busan.original.jpg
902 KB, 1920x1080
I'll be going to Busan for about 5 days and I'd like to ask for any advice/experiences any of you might have regarding places, things to do, how to get around, etc... In case it's useful info: it'll be my first time in Korea and I don't know any Korean.
>>
even if you don't like seafood or if you're vegetarian, please suspend that for busan. it's a great place for seafood. i'm not really into seafood, but the markets there are just amazing. probably one of te
you can either have like a nice fresh soup at one of the stalls, or just go inside one of the market buildings, pick something at random, have it prepared for you...

some random foods listed here: http://www.korea.net/NewsFocus/Travel/view?articleId=133001
might worth to read up on korean food before you go. from marinated crabs to penis fish, you can find really fresh ones there.
http://chincha.co.uk/2013/05/5-korean-foods-for-adventurous-eaters/

...this if course if you're into trying local stuff. don't worry, there's mcdonald's near the fish market, too, if you want to escape korean food.
next to the jagalchi food market, there's a lotte mart with a cafe and a sightseeing spot at the top. from the centre it's a good (and free) place to look around and chill.

for me, the most important thing to do in korea is to eat and shop the most i can, and so i can list a crazy amount of meals that might worth trying...
others' pics: http://www.seriouseats.com/2012/06/snapshots-from-south-korea-the-best-things-i-slideshow.html

you don't need to know any korean i think. on public transport and in public spaces everything is also written in english, announcements on public transport are made in korean and english (and japanese and chinese).

you can get a t money card at the airport already if you're planning on using public transport. (you can also pay with it at convenience stores, some taxis, etc.)

visa and mastercard are widely accepted. well i didn't try at the market, there you'll probably need cash.

http://etour.busan.go.kr/index.busan?menuCd=DOM_000000202010000000 for some ideas...

i think busan international film fest is also around this time...? not sure. the cinema building at night is fun to look at, you might want to drop by.
>>
>>1095825
The largest department store building in the world. It ain't Macy's.
>>
There's English bars like Wolfhound and Sharky's in Haeundae.

Popular clubs are Grid and Fix

Thursday Partys in Seomyeon and Nampo are fun. The shopping in both places are good too.
>>
>>1095909
shinsegae is right next to the cinema where they have biff every year, it can be fun to check out the food corner at least.
>>
File: Busan-Subway-Map.gif (56 KB, 700x472) Image search: [Google]
Busan-Subway-Map.gif
56 KB, 700x472
>>1095825
Fuck yes my hometown appears on here.

(Yellow) In terms of visuals I would definitely go try to visit Haeundae and Marine City as both are beautiful at night. The Haeundae night life is very alive and i would recommend it to everyone. If you happen to go there is a bar where most foreigners hang out called "Thursday Party", if facing the beach its on the right side. Go in there, get a cigarette and make conversation.

(Red) If you want stuff to do during the day, visit ShinSaeGae Mall, the largest mall in the world (Not anymore) in Centum City and make you way over to
(Light Blue) Pukyung College (부경대) which also has another college in the same station. Both colleges are very beautiful and FILLED with cuties and good street food.

In terms of food, i would visit the sea side where you can have fresh fish and all sorts of other seafoods. If you head over near Busan Station, there is a train stop called Nampo where they have the BIFF exhibit and other great street food (Seed Hodduk[Pancake with Syrup int it])

The Purple Line is now open but thats bumfuck nowhere and people are really hicks out there, and called Gimhae, the air quality gets kind of better and if you want to see nature its kind of okay to go. Also the light rail is cool the first time because there is no conductor and you can sit in the "driving seat" and look out the front window.

(Light Purple) is Pusan National University, another place to find some great architecture and cuties but its basically a repeat of Kyungsung and Pukyeon Nat' Uni.

(Black Circle) Seomyeon is a very busy city with a lot of good foods there (SulBing, a Korean shaved ice delicacy. You'll get addicted) and has a really big book store in there, with a good section of Foreign/English books on the 1st floor and the stores there have super cheap school supplies if you want to get a couple of those while you are out there.
>>
>>1096334
Also try to get a baseball game as Sajik Stadium if you can, tickets are like 9 dollars and Koreans love their baseball.
>>
>>1096334
Lastly, if you go Jangsan Station (End of Green) there is a PC cafe at the end of the station exit that is very friendly to foreigners. When i went this 1 dude helped me out a lot, although i am korean and spoke korean. He also bought me drinks and told me to come back here if i had an questions.
>>
>>1095825
Busan has some great restaurants. If you love seafood, you'll like Busan. That said, you're probably not gonna wanna spend your entire time there. Seoul's not too far away by train, so you're definitely gonna want to visit Seoul.
>>
>>1096362
I'd say for 5 days its really hard to do both, considering KTX takes about 5 hours of our day and Seoul is so fucking big, trying to do it in 2 days or so wouldn't really do it justice. I spent about 2 months in Busan, with a week in Seoul and 1 week in Daegu in during those 2 months and I think i was JUST starting to get the hang of it. Given i didnt know out to visit every day.
>>
>>1096334
not op, but saving this for my next busan trip, thanks.
seomyeon restaurants i still dream of, they're so good.
>>
>>1096334
>(Seed Hodduk[Pancake with Syrup int it])

Seconding this, shit's amazing.

I have reasonably good Korean food in my city, so I was pretty stoked when I saw a place selling it, bringing back memories of my last trip to Busan.

It was terrible.
>>
>>1096966
>shit's amazing
>it was terrible
My boner is confus
>>
>>1097102
The crappy knockoff I have in my home city, I mean. The ones I had in Busan were uniformly awesome.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.