[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
London
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: zRef_03_Holmes ep617.jpg (133 KB, 825x977) Image search: [Google]
zRef_03_Holmes ep617.jpg
133 KB, 825x977
Hello /trv/!
I'll be going on London for 3 days. It'd be my first time, with 2 others friends.
Any advices of what should I see, visit, eat?

Also do you have advices on where to sleep for 2 nights?
If possible near Baker Street.
Thank you.
>>
Im in a very similar situation. 3 days but gonna be meeting 2 locals. Im planning to go, see the memes then just fuck about. Try and find English, Scottish and Irish eateries while there cuz not visiting the respective countries and its the best next thing. For my sleeping arrangements Im gonna stay at what google tells me is the cheapest place and is not in a stabby area (Brighton?).
>>
>>1092767
Brighton isn't in London m8
>>
>>1092756
>>1092767
Baker Street is stupid, don't go there.

You want to be in Hackney. Specifically Dalston. Depends what kinds stuff you want to do, but you can get a cheap(ish) can of Polish beer there, roam the streets, and get into trouble.

If you want to eat some good British food, visit the Quality Chop House in Farringdon. Exmouth Market there is pretty good.

The main thing you should do is drink some good pints of beer in a good pub. try the Dove on Broadway Market.

All this stuff is within striking distance of Hackney.

I repeat: hackney. East London is good. Rest of London is bad.
>>
Museums are free, natural history is a good one :)
>>
>>1092936
Well, Baker Street is because I want to see Holmes' house. Nothing more than that.
But that's the thing I absolutely want to do.

>some good British food
>British food
I guess I shall put my fear aware, and try that. Thanks!

>>1092943
Nice to hear that!
How's the queue? Very long? 1h is affordable for me.
>>
>>1093156
British food is fucking amazing.

Roast beef and yorkshire pudding. Fuck yeah.
>>
>>1093156
Holmes house is a bank.
>>
>>1093210
OK, I'll believe you and I'll try.
>>1093508
What?
>>
>>1093634
221B Baker Street is/was a building society(savings and loan). Abbey National has vacated the place but there is a dispute on who or what has the address. Check Wikipedia for the whole story.
>>
>>1094013
Oh, I see. I didn't relate what you said to this.

I won't be near BS, but near Westminster after all.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.