[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Lviv >Vienna >Bratislava >Zagreb Which of these
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Astana.jpg (178 KB, 1280x886) Image search: [Google]
Astana.jpg
178 KB, 1280x886
>Lviv
>Vienna
>Bratislava
>Zagreb

Which of these cities would be the best to visit for 3-4 days after/before seeing Budapest? I am mostly interested in historical shit and I am kinda leaning to Lviv, however it is the most out of the way.

>unrelated but interesting map
>>
>>1092484
Vienna is great for several days of sightseeing palaces, museum content, and great shopping and food. If by "history" you mean medieval intact buildings stuff you can't get much better than war-protected Prague, but you should stop somewhere inbetween the two cities or take a day trip out of either.
Ex. Melk or Salzburg, Austria, or Cesky Krumlov or Karlovy Vary, Czech Rep or maybe even Dresden, Germany.

It's a pretty common itinerary to do Prague-Vienna-Budapest, as a 3 city tour in about 10 days. They are all distinctly different from each other.

How long will you be in Prague?
>>
>>1092490
I went to Prague in January so I am not going back this trip. I did Prague and Krakow.

Lviv just seems really complicated to get to compared to other cities.
>>
File: IMAG0967.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0967.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1840
I've only been to Lviv out of all these, so that's what I'll recommend!

It's like Krakow, but less western tourists though it might be more popular now. I went there last year and really enjoyed it!

Also it's in UA so it's very cheap there!
>>
>>1092504
Did you fly into Ukraine? Or did you cross the Border?
>>
>>1092505

I crossed the border from Poland.
>>
Lviv is great and very interesting and super cheap. There are lots of beautiful churches there and the theme bars are great. It's also not so touristy, if that matters to you. Bratislava is nice but a little bit boring. It's full of partying tourists though if that's your thing!

Vienna is beautiful and full of great museums and architecture but by all accounts it's too quiet for my tastes.
>>
What's up in Astana? Seperatists? Was thinking about going there this summer.
>>
>>1092540
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semipalatinsk_Test_Site

>>1092507
I am a pretty quiet kind of person. I normally travel with my wife so we skip the whole club and bar scene.
>>
>>1092484
Budapest sucks
>>
>>1092484
Do you have the link of this map?high resolution if possible. Thanks
>>
>>1092693
Can you tell me why? (I live there)
>>
>>1092699
I just saved it from /int/
>>
>>1092699
http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/conseils-aux-voyageurs/conseils-par-pays/

Click on "Monde" for the world map (same resolution as here).

There are zoomed out maps of all continents on the same page (pic related)
>>
i would suggest Cluj-Napoca
>>
>>1092859
kek, romania is boring as fuck
>>
>>1092484
I would avoid Zagreb, I was there and wasn't much to do. Rather go south and visit Sibenik, Zadar and definitely Dubrovnik if you are into history and those sorts of things.
>>
>>1092484
Lviv would be a very interesting choice. I still have it on my bucketlist but in your case I'd go with Vienna.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.