[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Early in february (during the Carnaval week to be exact) I spent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: 01.jpg (618 KB, 2131x1200) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
618 KB, 2131x1200
Early in february (during the Carnaval week to be exact) I spent five days in Los Roques, Venezuela.

Anything you gents want to know about that place?
>>
Did you enjoy it? How were the women? Was the food good? Was it safe? What was the weather like, too hot? How far did your money go? Post more pictures as well, friend.
>>
>Did you enjoy it?
Quite! Didn't see much of Venezuela proper (from the airport to the hotel and then back to the airport), but Los Roques is pretty damn awesome. It benefits from being so separated from the rest of Venezulea, so the problems there only marginally seep into the island. The beaches there are breathtaking, perfect place for snorkeling and scuba diving. Also, one of the best places for kitesurfing I've been.

Something I loved about the main Island where the tourists stay, is that there are no hotels there, just small posadas.

>How were the women?
Again, did not see much of the continental Venezuela and is people. In Los Roques, the local inhabitants were mostly typical Caribbean people, with deeply tanned skins. The vast majority of the tourism there is foreign, almost no Venezuelans.

>Was it safe?
Yeah, no problem whatsoever in the Island. Like I mentioned, in that sense Los Roques is pretty different from the rest of Venezuela. As they depend entirely of the tourists, the locals won't ever bother you in any way.

Things are VERY different in the rest of Venezuela, and we were warned again and again to be extra careful even in the Airport.

>What was the weather like, too hot?
It was awesome, perfect beach weather.

>How far did your money go?
Ridiculously cheap. Of course, that's only if you exchange dollars in the black market, if you do it going by the legal exchange rate, you will run out of money real quick. Fortunately, in Venezuela EVERYBODY deals in the exchange black market, they are starving for american currency.

For example, we spent a night at a Marriot hotel near the airport before going to Los Roques. Dinner and bar tab for six people, drinking wine and cocktails, was 170 thousand bolivares. A small fortune for a venezuelan, but for us, it was $200 thanks to the black market rates.

And pic taken from the airplane, one of the first views you get from Los Roques.
>>
File: 02.jpg (961 KB, 2842x1600) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
961 KB, 2842x1600
>>1093547
DURR forgot the pic
>>
>venezuela

LOL how many times did you get raped/robbed/murdered?
>>
File: aqua.jpg (516 KB, 1200x808) Image search: [Google]
aqua.jpg
516 KB, 1200x808
>>1093677
Not even once!

Also I forgot this

>>1093384
>Was the food good?

Yeah. Not much variety outside sefood, but I didn't mind. Two of the guys in the group went to do some fishing, and the cook of their posada propared all kinds of dishes with their catch.

The place in the pic, served delicious and incredibly cheap lobster.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.