[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Traveling with kid(s)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: kraxe.jpg (119 KB, 840x559) Image search: [Google]
kraxe.jpg
119 KB, 840x559
So my wife and me love traveling and we already did a lot of it. Now we have a child and of course do not want to finish traveling. We think about doing a SEA trip because it's not too hard to get along with a kid there.

Who can share some experiences? Not necessarily SEA-related, but rather about traveling with a child in general?
>>
File: india.jpg (44 KB, 660x440) Image search: [Google]
india.jpg
44 KB, 660x440
bump
>>
>>1093266
I travel a lot with my wife and our two kids (6 daughter and 4 son). It can be everything from fun to absolute shit tier.

What I can tell you forget about the "real traveler" thing with a baby at least my wife was always up for adventures and doing crazy things, once we had our first daughter that changed not because of her but "we have to plan, we have to get x,y,z..." and most hostels are out of the equation.
Also you can't pack "light" anymore as you will carry kids stuff, a shit load of kids stuff. Stroller, kids cloths, diapers, stuffed animals, toys, blankets, food, dried milk, dummy's, bottles, Child carrier and other shit you didn't even know it exists.

Flying with a baby can be ok or complete hell. Not just because they can't do the pressure equalization on their own but if it's a bad day a baby can cry for 5-8h straight for no reason. We and all other passengers in the business class totally enjoyed a 11h flight to Sao Paulo with a crying baby and a 2 1/2 year old joining in on the fun...

I wouldn't do it again. So my advise: skip the first 3 years and do day/2day hikes, travel around by car or train and city trips. It's easier and more comfy. Once they turn 3 you get more options, less problems and they might actually remember and enjoy it.
>>
>>1093266

Get together all the toys your child would need to be entertained and then use them to entertain the child in your home until they're at least 10.

Bringing babies on a plane is incredibly disrespectful to other travelers and you're wasting your money dragging a kid to places he won't appreciate while he's too young. It's fantastic parenting to travel a lot with an older child/teenager but it's better off for everyone involved if you just leave him with grandma or something while he's this young.
>>
>>1093266
That's tantamount to child abuse, lugging the kid around in a backpack in some third world shithole when he should be home playing with stuffed animals and listening to raffi. Does it register anywhere in your naieve selfish mind that your kid might appreciate some kind of foundation, a comfy crib, warm bedroom, the SAME bedroom from day to day, a sense of security, and the comforts that are a basic nessecity for human life to flourish?

Selfish hippy child abusers like yourselves make me sick to my stomach. May Child Protective Services take your kid to a safe place before it dies of dehydration, you twisted monster.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.