[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you know about this country? Is it good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 3
What do you know about this country? Is it good?
>>
File: 2015-10-26 106 (2).jpg (3 MB, 5299x2981) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-26 106 (2).jpg
3 MB, 5299x2981
I spent 2 weeks there last October.

Visited: Tunis (Capital), Sidi Bou Said, Carthage, La Marsa
Did not visit: a lot more locations worth visiting (due to no proper prior research).
ex: Sousse, Monastir, Gafsa, Tozeur/Douz, Gabes, Djerba, Hammamet,

One of the more liberal muslim countries, alcohol is fairly openly consumed, prostitution is legal and regulated
Some high profile movies have been shot there, Star Wars set is still in place, Indiana Jones films

My experience was... fairly wild. There aren't many safety nets (with me coming from the rough side of Europe), riots do happen and there have been some terror strikes. People were great overall, they smiled, waved back, kiddos took selfies with me even though I wasn't the only white-skinned/non-native around. A lot of frenchies (former colony). Traffic is abysmal in terms of quantity and rule following, but within 1 or 2 days there you get your wits about you.

There's tuna everywhere. Got sick of eating tune on the third day. English isn't as spread out. French and Tunisian Arabic dominate.

Anything in particular, ask, and I'll chime in as best as I can.
>>
File: 2015-10-23 048.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-23 048.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>1091362
Location review (geographically using the TGM train line that connects them, they're 40 minutes apart using it):

Tunis: Very alive, dirty and smelly. Sometimes good, sometimes bad smells. There's an old city in the geographical center, the "medina", very fun to navigate because it's a big confusing, smells of spices, herbs, perfumes and stuff. Shiny golden-looking things everywhere. And cats (they're treated like vermin though). There's also a European-ish part around the old city with French influences. It's okay. Too crowded for me, desu senpai. Should take you no more than 2 days to see and do everything if you're knowledgeable about the landmarks.

Carthage: Some dead roman stuff. Visit for a day. Is cool.

Sidi Bou Said: Opposite of Tunis, chill af, clean af and light smells. Beautiful white-and-blue city, a must-see. I would recommend 1 or 2 days here too, 1 exploring and 1 doing nothing but chilling in 1 of the 2 meme cafes (Caffe Des Nattes and Cafe Des Delices).

La Marsa: People seem to like it for the beach. Nothing special senpai. One good bar - The Factory and that's it. Didn't enjoy the beach. Underwhelming compared to SBS.

Tunis: would visit again.

>pic related, using the TGM line

These little street urchins jumped on board and started horsing around on the floor, so I took my phone to take a picture and they posed this, I dropped 1TND for their trouble and one of the kids got it, naturally others wanted money too and I just gestured to them that they knock out the other kid and take it from him. I don't know what they understood but they all started brawling for my entertainment until some old guy yelled at them. After things settled down I secretly threw them some more money. Fun guys.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.