[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shit to do in Baltimore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3
File: bigphotoforbaltimore.jpg (49 KB, 550x331) Image search: [Google]
bigphotoforbaltimore.jpg
49 KB, 550x331
So I will be doing a bit of Travelling and I've found out I will get a chance to spend a day in Baltimore. I'm flying into BWI and plan on taking the light rail downtown. So what are some good things to do around Downtown. I'm interested in history and architecture, so would ideas on coll historic neighborhoods that are (for the most part) safe. I grew up in a majority black town so I'm not afraid of blacks, but I would like to avoid riots and potential chimp-outs if at all possible.
>>
>>1092682
>so would ideas on coll historic neighborhoods that are (for the most part) safe
That came out wrong. I meant to say I want to know some cool historic neighborhoods that I can stroll down without being mugged.
>>
>>1092682

Lots of 24 hour strip clubs. Baltimore Harbor is pretty nice. You are pretty much going to have to deal with people chimping out no matter what.
>>
File: 4773.1206889200.jpg (669 KB, 1024x744) Image search: [Google]
4773.1206889200.jpg
669 KB, 1024x744
If I visited Baltimore, I would want to visit two historic sites: Fort McHenry and the B&O Railroad Museum.

Fort McHenry (~2.5 miles southeast from downtown) guards the entrance to Baltimore Harbor and a battle that happened there during the War of 1812 inspired a poem that became the US National Anthem.

The B&O Railroad Museum (~1 mile west of downtown) is the best museum of its kind in the United States. It has the largest collection of railroad equipment dating from the 1800s in the country, which is housed inside an an old railroad complex dating from 1829. It also has a few that still run, which use the oldest stretch of track in the country dating from 1830 (The B&O Railroad was America's first railroad to eventually grow into a big railroad and was the first to have regular passenger service there). The crown jewel of the collection is the William Mason steam locomotive, the oldest operational standard gauge steam locomotive in the world (built 1856).
>>
>>1092682
I think the Museum of Visionary Art is worth a visit. It's American folk art - self-taught artists - really interesting, really different stuff. It's in the inner harbor.

http://www.avam.org/
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.