[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys i live in spain, Im 24 Male and speak native US english.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: uk.png (24 KB, 440x280) Image search: [Google]
uk.png
24 KB, 440x280
Hey guys i live in spain, Im 24 Male and speak native US english.

Been trying to find work here for months and shits dry as fuck, so im going to the UK to work in a hotel through a work agency, its supposedly next to a university and a train station so i could move to other areas easily.

How's life in the UK, any tips for someone going there to work for the first time?
People tell me they go to bed really early, everythings fuckin expensive theres no night life etc.

How much of it is true?
>>
>>1091375
Britbong here, whereabouts are you moving?

>They go to bed really early
There's no hard-and-fast rule to this, most people I know are awake into AM hours even with work pending. Depends entirely on the crop of people you'll be with.

>Everything's fucking expensive
This is highly variable depending on location. London and the south are generally much more expensive than Northern cities like Manchester or Liverpool. The UK does have a strong currency which might not be too kind to you coming from Spain though.

>There's no night life
Again, the quality and subcultures of nightlife depends where you are but keep in mind that Britain has a very, very deeply ingrained binge drinking culture and a lot of people have lax attitudes towards drugs and smoking. When you live in a cultural graveyard of stagnant weather and politics, you learn how to drink.
>>
>>1091375

Moving from Spain to the UK will depress the shit out of you. So many Brits are leaving the UK for Spain to escape the dull mediocrity of life in a grey, highly taxed shithole.

I left to move to Cyprus myself, and every time I go back to visit I just want to leave again after I see my family and friends.

But that's just me, everybody is different. Cypriots here are flocking to London when they leave high school because it's cool.
>>
>>1091400
>>1091691
Hello britfriends, not OP but I will soon move to England for at least a year.
Can I open a bank account with no proof of residence? What is the cheapest mobile operator? And also, how safe is SpareRoom (and similar)?
>>
>>1091749
you will need somthing like a utility bill addressed to you to start a bank account here also to get a NI number idk about the mobile operators it depends how much you use your phone spare room is safe their how i found my room
>>
>>1092067
Thanks for your answer Anon. Did you move to the UK?
>>
>>1091749
Diferent person to >>1092067 but you can open up a bank account with Lloyd's (and other banks under the same umbrella) without a proof of address. You will need a passport from a specific list of countries though.
>>
>>1092067
I hate that most banks need a utility bill. How can I get a job to get money to rent an apartment which I will pay utilities for without a bank account. It's a load of shit.
>>
>>1092097
Oh that's great! Thank you dude.

>>1092098
I think they use that as further proof of identity and also as and assurance in case you try to fuck them up. If you owe money or do something illegal they would know where to find you or someone that could be held liable for your actions.
>>
Fuck off, we're full.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.