[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bike travel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: BergamontVitess6.0_2015.png (357 KB, 670x395) Image search: [Google]
BergamontVitess6.0_2015.png
357 KB, 670x395
Recently I'm very interested in traveling by bike. I made some smaller tours with my old bike but want to go for four-digit-km-tours now, through Europe at first.
I think except for the cost of a good bike at first it is cheap for travelling (in combination with a tent) and gives you a more intense experience. Also I like biking.
Does anyone have more experience? Stories?
Also rate my new bike choice, Bergamont Vitess 6.0 2015, about to add new handlebars and a front carrier.
>>
>>1090843
Hmm, this is definitely a question better suited for >>>/n/ . they are absolutely autistic about bikes and would be able to rate your bike down to the thread count of the spoke nipples. Literally their testicles have been completely annihilated by stiff saddles and often drown attempting to bike across water. Go there, friend
>>
>>1090843
Where's your starting point and potential destination? Personally I'm not aure whether ill follow suit or go hiking somewhere cheap.
You can check out thebikerambler if you want to be inspired to do it.
>>
>>1090843
Good bike for that money. You should get another saddle though. Also get some replacement spokes. You'll need them for your rear wheel. Make sure to get handlebars that allow for many different hand-positions. It's important to switch positions often.

Did some smaller tours. I think it's the best form of travelling. Not as slow as hiking, but slow enough to allow you to absorb your surroundings. It's cheap, good for the environment and very rewarding. It has this adventure feel to it.

For stories, check crazyguyonabike (just google it). Lots of inspiring stuff. Also there was an anon on here who did North cape - Cape of good hope on a bike. He got a blog I think.
>>
>>1090884

/n/ is mostly about race and city bikes as far as I see. They only want the coolest bikes to pull up for school from what I see. But I'll try anyway, thanks.

>>1090910
I already have a lot of Inspiration, there are many movies, videos, blogs and such.
I'll start in northern/central germany so I have a pretty central starting point to travel to all kinds of destinations in Europe. First goals would be Marseille and Torino.

>>1090921
Why the replacement spokes? Do can you recommend any?
I also thought it would be a way to travel as immersive or intense as hiking but with the possibility to see more and to get further.
>>
>>1090843
>Also rate my new bike choice

Why the rear rack is not attached to the frame under the saddle? It will just fall back once you put any weight on it.

>>1090921
>Also there was an anon on here who did North cape - Cape of good hope on a bike. He got a blog I think.

reporting in:
http://north-south.info/en/
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.