[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Road Trip Across U.S. Solo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: desert i guess.jpg (889 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
desert i guess.jpg
889 KB, 2048x1152
Hello friends. I'm currently planning a trip across the US.

Planning 2 months free and go until I don't want to go anymore. I will be mostly sleeping in shitty hotels and staying in my car, and my goal is to plan very little and just go wherever I'm interested in at that point. I was looking for suggestions and tips on people who might have done similar. I will have enough money to last the entire time, but If you've done similar trips I'd be curious as to places you went and about how much you spent. Thanks friends!
>>
>>1090280
Where are you starting from and which general direction would you want to go? I wanted to last year go from LA to Miami, would have been really cool but the issue was that it would cost a lot to rent a car and return it so far away.

I've done roadtrips all over the PNW from Vancouver to San Fran and Reno. Lots of great spots if you want to come out this way. I'll give you some pointers if you are heading this way. My favorite part of the States is Arizona, Nevada, Utah and NM. I've only been there for a short trip but there are a ton of national parks and just spectacular scenery. If you're in NM make sure to visit white sands and carlsbad caverns.
>>
>>1090295
I'm starting in Portland, OR. I figured I'd maybe make a Circle-ish around the US. The biggest place I want to go is actually the southwest US, as I'm most interested in really exploring desert and more nature type of things. Thanks for the NM tips, those sound awesome!
>>
>>1090280
Depends on what you want to see.

If you're into nature and hikes, there's:
-Olympic National Park, Washington
-Glacier National Park, Montana
-Great Sand Dunes Preserve, Colorado
-Garden of the Gods, Colorado
-Watkins Glen, New York
-Zion National Park, Utah

Just to name a few.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.