[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>going on a trip at the end of the month for about a week
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 1436047007413.jpg (87 KB, 649x536) Image search: [Google]
1436047007413.jpg
87 KB, 649x536
>going on a trip at the end of the month for about a week and a half
>just spending my time working or sitting in my room, staring at my fucking pack and repacking my stuff and watching travel videos
>time is going by 1000000000000000x slower

FUCK. What does /trv/ do to kill time while waiting to go on their trips? This happens to me every time. Drives me nuts.
>>
>>1089050
I fill up my time adding items to my kindle, stuff to read fiction/fun stuff, usually some crime novel, or historical period piece that was in my destination's setting. I might read a biography of Klimt before Vienna, or brush up on a saga before Iceland, or review a Kafta short story before Prague, or just read up on a period of their history or architecture of one building. I might watch a indie film from a local filmmaker to get a taste of culture before I go, esp in the other language. Immerse myself in the past while enjoying a bit of fiction, will only enhance my trip when I am there. The guidebook stuff? Official plans? At some point that is done. I don't travel with a pack, but often I open up my luggage a good bit early, lay it out on a spare bed or dresser, and throw shit in it randomly in case I think I might want it, like "ohh, might want the baseball hat" or "ohh, don't want to forget the camera/bathing suit" and so I don't stress at remembering to remember later? I throw it in while I am thinking about it rather than a list.

I don't actually pack in advance though. I do that stuff the preflight...making sure my daily routine things are placed in there while I get ready after my shower. That way I surely don't forget something stupid like the antiperspirant or toothbrush
>>
>>1089050
masturbate ferociously.
>>
File: o865533.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
o865533.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
using this thread to ask a quick question relevant to passing of time. I'm going to go on a 7-8 hour road trip alone up California (LA->Chico) and I'm wondering what the best method of doing this is.
Should I be making stops every 2 hours? Should I get an audio book or make a playlist of music?

driving so long alone will be my first time and seems really daunting. I'm nervous of getting half way and realizing how long this drive is taking and getting uncomfortable
>>
>>1089064
this desu, when you're on the road, you get few opportunities for that.

There's only so many occasions when you can masturbate in front of passable chinese hostel grills before you get imprisoned in a random 3rd world country.
>>
Time passing thread? Thanks fuck I need help

I'm a nervous flier to the point where I can't look out the window and have to blast music during takeoff, I fucking hate flying. However, I've been offered to stay with my Australian cousins for a few weeks and it's an offer I just can't refuse, only it means that I've got to deal with a 27 hour flight.

Are long haul flights easier to cope with than normal flights? I've heard they play films and shit but I'm going to struggle to get any sleep with my nerves.

Tldr: how do you pass the time on long haul flights
>>
>>1089142
Take some tylenol PM before you take off, it'll mellow you out and help you sleep.
>>
>>1089142
>Are long haul flights easier to cope with than normal flights?
For me, the longer the flight is, the more unbearable it is, simply because of the discomfort of having to sit idly in one, cramped place for so fucking long.
On the upbeat, the pressurisation is much better compared to cheap, short fliers like RyanAir and so on, so there's not much problems with ear pressure.
And the "flight entertainment system" usually has a ton of films and music and it's always hilarious to catch up on ME/Indian romantic comedies when flying with an ME company.

Now, I reckon you have three 8-9 hour flights.
The best method I have is to try not to sleep before the flight, so I just sleep through most of the first and possibly second flight.
A key component in this is as many cups of rum-cola as the attendant will be comfortable bringing you.
>>
>>1089072

>7-8 hours

that's nothing. are you serious? yeah audiobook and music are both good. just stop when you need gas food or a bathroom break.
>>
>>1089142

I've got this awesome skill of being able to put myself into a coma whenever I'm taking a long-distance bus or flight. I just had a one-way trip with Air India from Delhi to Chicago. Was up in the air for sixteen hours and slept for the first twelve. Given, I was lucky because I got an entire row to myself and could lie down.

I once took a 36-hour bus from Istanbul to Tbilisi. The German guy I had met at my hostel and went with was pissed off because I spent the majority of the time sleeping.

If I'm not dozing off, I'll read or watch movies on the in-flight entertainment system.

I took so many buses on my first trip - mostly around Turkey - that anything up to 20 hours doesn't bother me much.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.