[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spring Break Advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (501 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
501 KB, 750x1334
Yo /travel/ so for spring break I'm driving to the smoky mountains from Michigan. Is there anything really cool I should check out in the area?
>>
>>1087302
Ferris State?
>>
>>1087305
GVSU
>>
File: 100_0199.jpg (65 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
100_0199.jpg
65 KB, 720x480
If you like amusement parks, Kings Island is close to the freeway between Dayton and Cincinnati. If you like history, Carillon Historical Park in Dayton has a couple of neat things, like one of the original Wright Brothers airplanes. They have one of the strangest carousels I've ever seen, as well.

Also, once you get to the Smokies, check out Dollywood. They are opening a huge new ride when the park opens later this month called Lightning Rod, which is the world's first launching wooden roller coaster. All of its rides are set inside a mountain valley and use the uneven terrain extensively. The food is excellent, too.
>>
>>1087302
>>1087364
To build on what he said, Dollywood is a solid park. In fact, both the Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg areas are great with a ton to do. Just keep in mind they are fairly touristy. Like Myrtle Beach in the mountains. I don't think there is much nightlife there, but you won't struggle to find things to do during the day.
>>
>>1087364
>>1087366
cool thanks
>>
>>1087402
Grand Rapids represent my nigga
>>
>>1087403
Is the Pere Marquette 1225 running?
>>
>>1088671
Different poster. It's operational, but I believe the season for the railroad ended after Christmas and won't come back until the weather warms back up.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.