[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Northwest US
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2
Hey /trv/

A friend and I are most probably going to roadtrip in the US this summer. The plan is to land in Seattle and to drive to San Francisco in two weeks (15 days) and then to go home to whatever boring awaits.
Anyway I need a few tips from you:
- How much time do you think we should be spending in Olympic national park ? I was thinking 2 as to have time to explore a bit and to take pictures (not too fond of hiking and such but I don't walking a bit)
- How is Mount Rainier NP ? How much time should we stop there ?
- The road is almost decided up to Crater Lake. Nevertheless from there to San Francisco is quite "dull" so to speak. Are we better off driving along the Pacific Coast (which we would have seen from almost Seattle to Portland) or should head inland toward Yosemite (with, however a day spent around Sacramento doing nothing but driving ?) Which would you recommend ? I know they are quite different but I just want opinions here !

Thanks !
>>
>>1087008
Instead of just seeing the Olympic Peninsula, you might consider seeing some of Canada too. After you're done with Seattle, head North to Anacortes and take a ferry to the San Juan Islands. Spend a night on one of the islands then take another ferry to Victoria, Canada. Victoria is super cool because it's on a gigantic island and is the capitol of British Columbia. Next you can ferry to the Olympic Peninsula, where you will arrive in Port Townsend. You can do a lot of neat day hikes -- hike out to Dungeness Lighthouse, or see the rainforest by the Elwha river, or see some of the biggest trees in the world in Quinault. And you can see Forks, Washington which is where Twilight takes place.

Most of the Oregon coast is much more populous than the Washington coast. There's great breweries, an aquarium, tidepools, sand dunes, and plenty of hikes. The Oregon coast south of Coos Bay becomes much more sparsely populated. One of the advantages of going to California on the coast is that you can see the redwoods which are the tallest trees in the world. A major disadvantage is that the coast highway is very curvy and has a lower speed limit than I-5.
>>
File: confirmed for autism.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
confirmed for autism.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>1087008
Funny thing is, I was about to call you a dipshit for posting a /trv/ post in /tv/.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.