[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Toronto like a local
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Niagara, Canada.jpg (166 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Niagara, Canada.jpg
166 KB, 960x720
Hello buddy's,

So here is a thing... I would REALLY want to know about spots / "hidden gems" local shit happening out there in Toronto..
Really sick of this touristy lame as attractions, I want to travel like a local!

So, whats up buddy's?
>>
Locals don't travel. They live there.
>>
Scarborough town center
>>
>>1078231
Toronto sticky when? There has been one of these "In Toronto, what do" posts on a weekly basis for years

>Not that I blame you for this OP

Honestly dude Toronto isn't a colossally touristy town, odds are if you are not on Yonge Street or Queen Street, you are going to the same places as the locals.

If you are really dying for a hidden gem, go to Scarborough and try the food, have no idea why youd want to go to some shitty immigrant suburb just to try REAL Jamaican/Indian/Chinese food, but the food is fucking delicious.

Honestly can you tell me where you are, and I'll tell you if you're even in a tourist area? Chances are you're not.
>>
>>1078231

>>1078352 here, sorry for doublepost. This list is completely correct, if you want BANGING food in Scarborough, go to a Sri Lankan or Filipino place where nobody who works there even speaks proper English. I can GUARANTEE YOU the food will be something you remember for months.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/food-and-wine/restaurant-reviews/eating-through-torontos-east-end-the-10-tastiest-spots-in-scarborough/article4365223/?page=all
>>
>>1078352
Hey man, the Chinese and Indian parts of Scarborough are pretty clean and safe. Yea, they look like typical bland suburban quarters, but they're harmless.

>>1078353
Pretty much this. I grew up in North York, right beside Scarborough. I honestly feel food is overall better in the burbs than downtown.

Friendship Restaurant is a small Caribbean Chinese place. It's not very authentic (which you certainly CAN find), but I have a soft spot for it since I went there often as a kid with my dad. The owner is Chinese Jamaican, and in summers he'd sometimes give me and other kids popsicles for free. It serves a style of westernized Chinese food with Caribbean spices and twists. Thinking about jerk pork lo mein right now and my mouth is watering...
>>
different anon here.

going to toronto for a few days later in the year

i like drinking in bars and pubs where the music isn't too loud but girls still go there.

any suggestions?
>>
>>1078393
Yea, every bar in Toronto. Except the gay bars, I guess.
>>
>>1078393
honestly most fox and fiddles downtown have an awesome mix, I reccomend those.

Beyond that if you want unpretentious, fun, pubs, the Brunswick House or the Madison Pub (the maddie) are good bets, Einstein's on College Street has the cheapest beer in town, free pool, and a good mix of hot student chicks. Every guy is a beta so thats a bonus.

I dunno, honestly go to college and bathurst and pub crawl until you find something you like... its really not hard to find something good
>>
>>1078479
>Brunswick House
It's closed, thank god. Einstein's is an OK student bar, but somewhat over-rated. The Maddie also has a very bro-tastic atmosphere, if you like that sort of thing. I've been many times in my early 20s... made a couple hook-ups there in my time, but I never viewed it as a classy place.

All beer in Canada is criminally overpriced, but I guess you'll just have to accept that.
>>
>>1078370
>>1078353
>>1078352
chink from scarberia, can confirm dim sum is mostly practically the same as dim sum in guangzhou (albeit toned down to an extent, like no silkworm cocoons or shit like stoves in tables)

shwarma empire's servings are tiny and are overpriced, pretty much any shwarma place in areas with afghan immigrants are better. If you want amerifat food like burgers real mccoy's is a good place
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.