[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many people is ideal for a road trip? I'm planning a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: hqdefault.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
How many people is ideal for a road trip?
I'm planning a road trip with my friend and he has a list of about ten people he wants to go with. How feasible is this? We'd have to take two cars definitely, but could this be pulled off without too much of a headache? If not, how many people should we go with?
>>
You and someone cute with a mouth.
>>
File: Floorplan_Jay_Feather_LGT_29Y.jpg (135 KB, 700x295) Image search: [Google]
Floorplan_Jay_Feather_LGT_29Y.jpg
135 KB, 700x295
>>1077112
Rent a giant fucking Rv and split the cost 10 ways. It's a really dumb idea but itd be legendary. http://www.shadymaplerv.com/rv-rentals-online

Less retardedly, don't fit more than 2 in a subcompact, 3 in a compact or midsize coupe, and 4 in a full size sedan. You need to stretch around in the back, or shits gonna suck. 10 people should be in 2 vans, or kick out 2 people and rent 2 full size cars (like a Hyundai sonata) for 8 people.

Honestly its an incredibly stupid question, do you need us to also explain the ass wiping process?
>>
First mate, second mate, navigator, and a freeloader.
>>
>>1077112
>babbies needing strangers on the internet to hold their hand

just fucking do it. then you'll find out. what's the worst that's going to happen? you end up deciding it was too many people?
>>
>>1077112
In reality, not even half of those ten people he wants to go will actually commit. Most people are complete pussies, poor or both.
>>
>The guy prepared to do all the driving
>The guy prepared to do some of the driving when the main driver gets tired but also serves as navigator
>The guy who keeps all the paperwork, tickets, group funds and other important items
>The sarcastic one who does fuck all but lifts spirits
>The girl who has sexual tension with one or two of the guys but never does anything
>The uptight girl who doesn't do anything
>The uptight guy who doesn't do anything
>The photographer who wants to stop every ten minutes
>The thimble-bladdered one who wants to stop every ten minutes
>The highly strung one who gets mad/bored easily

Some of the characters your friends will likely decide to turn in to.

This happened to me driving from NYC to LA. It was not fun for 95% of it.

Where are you going, OP?
>>
>>1077243
We have two weeks starting from philly. I'm pushing for the south but some of the more liberal people aren't really sold on it and want to go out to Chicago and Michigan and back. But I'm probably just high strung and getting stressed about this too early, this wouldn't happen until August.
>>
>>1077252
>driving down the eastern seaboard in august in a packed-full car

hope you enjoy stink
>>
File: 1380621986788.jpg (37 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
1380621986788.jpg
37 KB, 480x720
>implying anyone on 4chan has 1 friend let alone 10

Seriously though, I went with 3 other guys and it was nearly perfect.Enough people that it never really got boring, but not too many that anyone was uncomfortable.

It goes without saying but the quality of people you go with can make or break the trip.
>>
>>1077260
It will also make or break friendships.

Seriously. It will reveal the absolute best and absolute worst about people.
>>
Four tops, its important that you all have the same basic desires from your trip. if you want to go south to explore the entire coastline and they want to just go to two cities, you are not gonna enjoy the trip as much.
>>
>>1077263
Or just go with 3 complete betas and do what you want lel
>>
>>1077261
I went with 3 buddies I've known for 7 years on a roadtrip across the US. We had some small arguments but that's inevitable. In general just a lovely time. We were off for about a month or something. Neither less or more friends now than we were before.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.