[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any NEET's who traveled and it changed them?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
I'm a NEET and I think traveling will help me out of this, get on a plane an go to Thailand maybe, its cheap and it seems pretty cool, people seem friendly, I'll just avoid the red light districts. Any experiences getting out of the NEET life?
>>
Well the problem with being a NEET is not having money, since you're oh well, NEET. As long as you have resources, just do it. Even better if you have someone travelling with you.

On the other hand I don't know shit, might be different than in my country. I've heard you get some SICK welfare in Scandifag countries.
>>
File: 1449839599001.jpg (141 KB, 772x1024) Image search: [Google]
1449839599001.jpg
141 KB, 772x1024
If I didn't have a job, I would be a NEET today.
Basically, I just leave home to work. Work + nothing to do = money.
I am not sure if travel can change your life, it didn't change mine. Sure it helps to talk to people, I wish I could do it at home, but after some time I felt like an android starting every conversation with "Hi, where are you from?" and I lied sometimes too. "Why are you not traveling with your friends?" - don't say you don't have friends "You know, it's expensive to travel, so my friends don't have money".
Traveling was a great experience, I loved to talk with so many people from all places in the world, but sometimes I felt really, really lonely. "I am here, why am I not having fun?". "Why can I be happy like those people?". And the post-travel depression hits me pretty hard.
>>
>>1076604
Dammit anon, Im sorry to hear that. Maybe try working on that on your next trip? I try to grow on every one. Ie be less of a pussy with women, get better at being alone, try for sex to not be the end game, try harder to connect with locals, etc.

I like being alone now and when people ask I say I got tired of waiting for friends to come along.

The truth is that it does get lonely sometimes. But I think that's normal for everyone. Try to surround yourself with good friends or make some if you don't have too many. Sometimes you get out of things what you put into them. It sounds lame, but join some meet up groups, find local groups on Fb for mutual interests. Essentially, if you become a fun person, people will gravitate towards you. I'm still an introvert but people would never guess it. Just work on yourself and eventually things fall into place.
>>
>>1076589
Oh fuck yeah. I was a derelict NEET (ie drunken welfare bum) before I started traveling. Sort of "planned" to bum around but ended up finding good jobs and learned to balance the party life with getting up, putting on my work shoes and going to work. It provided the motivation I needed and I reckon I'd still be living with my mom if it wasn't for that little push I gave myself.

I'm a sales manager these days and before I traveled I had a hard time speaking to people without ending up in a fight so take that for what it is.
>>
>>1076604
I'm in pretty much the same initial situation.
It's home - work - home for me, with an occasional stop in the supermarket in between. If I run out of proper food on the weekend I won't even go out to stock up again, too much of a bother. Noodles with ketchup are fine anyway.

I booked group travel. Turned out I fit well into the group. Same general interests, age, etc as me. Could maintain a comfortable distance, but still relying on somebody else to provide impulses or motivation for activities. Never felt so at home in a foreign country before. I had a blast. Saving up for the next trip now.
>>
I guess pepes and wojaks arent allowed on this board and I'm very okay with that...
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.