[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help deciding a European country!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: pic rel. i suppose.jpg (126 KB, 600x372) Image search: [Google]
pic rel. i suppose.jpg
126 KB, 600x372
I heard you guys know a thing or two about countries and stuff, so I'll just ask away.

I live in the prosperous land of Croatia, and I would like to attend university elsewhere in Europe.

Now seriously, I want to become independent and live by myself, but the problem is, you guessed it, money. Croatia is pretty corrupt regarding well, everything, including the universities, so I'd like to move.

Now, with all the religious crap going down in the Europe, where could I move and actually get some financial aid during my studies, to pay for the rent, school food and whatever else is needed?

First I thought Sweden, but soon after I backed the fuck out since I learned that the only people Swedes hate more than themselves, are the people from Balkans.
Next I thought Germany, but then again they have the same thing going on as Sweden.
Switzerland is too expensive unfortunately, and they also don't accept Crotards.
What about Austria? Are they screwed like the Germans and Swedes?

I'm sorry if I come off as ignorant or whatever you guys wish to call it, I'm not really all that well familiar with current situations in those countries desu and I think I might be over-exaggerating, and please correct me if I amt to be, so help me out here. I . I'm not a cunt like most people from the Balkans come oupromise I will adapt.

(also the reason I'm naming German speaking countries is because the only language I will soon be able to speak aside from English, is German)
>>
>>1075784
>Next I thought Germany, but then again they have the same thing going on as Sweden.

Stop reading so much /int/, basement dweller. DAAD is fairly generous if you reach a certain level of German. No one has anything about Balkans people, bro, as long as you're not muslim. And no, Germany is not as bad as Sweden, by far.

I'd avoid Austria only because it's so small. You've got Vienna, and... Graz? Salzburg? Honestly, there's not much going on in the Austrian boondocks... People there do tend to be a bit more conservative and insular-minded. That's good for your /pol/-mindedness, maybe, but not when YOU are the foreigner.
>>
>>1075784
Also, the uni in that picture... Viadrina. Don't do it.
>>
>and I would like to attend university elsewhere in Europe
Unless you get a scholarship or do some form of student exchange, which naturally requires straight A's and shit, you need to be pretty wealthy to do this. Which i know you aren't, fellow croatian

Do you know the language? Did you consider specific universities? Which ones? Or do you just plan to throw a fucking dart on the map?
Your school ends in 5 months, and you need to know this shit well in advance.
Why don't you go to Germany, if you know german like you said, and get a job, then look for a college there? That's what my friend did, but in London.

And like said, stop reading so much /int/ and /pol/ faggot.

Sretno pederu
>>
>>1075793
niqqa, I don't even visit /pol/ nor /int/, only /sci/ and sometimes /tr / or /mu/ but that's all. Also, thanks for the reply.

btw I just liked the picture, didn't even bother finding out the uni on it.

>>1075796
Well, the thing is I'm currently taking a gap year during which I decided to learn German (I know German in a year and a half sounds ambitious as fuck, but luckily languages come naturally to me) and strengthen the high school knowledge.

Originally I was aiming for Sweden but changed my mind. So having that in mind, I still have time.

I haven't considered any particular universities yet. I'd like to study science, physics particularly.

My grades are quite bad but I count on Matura and I know that some countries force you to do the tests to prove your education is at the required level, so I count on that too. Grades definitely aren't the only admission requirement that it would completely screw me over.

Also, hvala na odgovoru.
>>
>>1075784

Don't know about German speaking countries much (although Berlin, maybe?) but as far as English-speaking ones go, how about Scotland?

Unlike the rest of the UK you'd not have to pay tuition fees (as an EU citizen).

The four "ancient" (all 15th century) universities - Glasgow, Edinburgh, St Andrews, Aberdeen are the most academically demanding. Glasgow is probably the cheapest of these cities to live in (and also the largest).

The next level down are Dundee, Stirling; then below that Strathclyde (in Glasgow) and Heriot Watt (in Edinburgh), then there are others below that.

Not sure where I would say is the most cosmopoltian of those places. Glasgow by far has the most big city feel, but Edinburgh and even St Andrews (despite being tiny) have openness to the outside world
>>
>>1075804
>I know German in a year and a half sounds ambitious as fuck
No, not really. That is definitely doable in that timeframe. At least the basics so you can talk to people normally and understand what they are trying to say

>Originally I was aiming for Sweden but changed my mind
Sweden is cool and all, but really fucking expensive

>My grades are quite bad but I count on Matura
That's what i did. Did not go as planned i can tell you that. And i studied here in Zagreb, not a college abroad.

>>1075811
Yeah, but then he would have to listen to scottish people all day, and that would fucking suck. But hey, what do i know
>>
>>1075823
>Yeah, but then he would have to listen to scottish people all day,
Still a vast improvement to listening to that toxic balkan shits in that annoying Borat accent
>>
>>1075784
>First I thought Sweden, but soon after I backed the fuck out since I learned that the only people Swedes hate more than themselves, are the people from Balkans.

Wut? Educated balkanites are among the most respected groups of immigrants.
>>
File: uwot.jpg (94 KB, 994x800) Image search: [Google]
uwot.jpg
94 KB, 994x800
>>1075831
I don't think you ever talked to anyone from the balkans
>>
>>1075832
>among the most respected groups of immigrants.
This. If you act like a decent person and you speak some English, no swede-fag will give a damned about your Balkan heritage
>>
>>1075913
Dated a Serb for two years, m8. Long enough to meet her parents and uncles and shit.
>>
>>1075784
I think we have a fairly large exchange student program here in The Netherlands. Try the universities of Rotterdam or Groningen.
>>
>>1075823
>Sweden is cool
>dislikes Scotland
Fuck you buddy, Scotland is great.
>>
>>1076227
Scotland would be great if it wasn't for the scottish people
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.