[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jamaica
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: lemony.jpg (49 KB, 621x240) Image search: [Google]
lemony.jpg
49 KB, 621x240
Going to Jamaica in April. On the itinerary so far is Ocho Rios, Montego Bay, and Negril. I have two weeks. What should I do?

What's fun?

What's must see?

How good is the exchange rate on the US dollar?

Is hooking up easy? Where are good places to eat?

Mostly I'm looking to do cool, outdoors stuff, see anything of cultural significance, eat good food, have some sex, and see the best beaches.
>>
>>1074973
Also I'm considering driving around the island, starting and ending in either Kingston or Montego Bay; what's the best way to go about doing this?

Also, as a fit, athletic, white American, how dangerous is Jamaica? I've heard widely varying accounts.
>>
mobay and ocho rios are godawful cruise port tourist traps where you'll spend the entire time being harassed to buy garbage trinkets and get called a racist if you don't to try to guilt you into it. negril was chill with beautiful beach and diving when i was there a few years ago, but i hear it's moving in the direction of the northern ports. south coast doesn't have shit for beaches, but it's nice to visit because people don't rely on tourists there so you don't get harassed. drivers are fucking maniacs, but if you're in a rural area it's not too bad. i spent a day driving, just had to remember to swerve to the left (drive on the wrong side of the road there). just told a taxi driver i was looking for a car, $50 and no questions later we were good to go. as far as safety, jamaica's astronomical murder rate is almost exclusively due to gang war blood feuds, and it doesn't sound like you look like a jamaican gangster. when we took the bus from mobay to kingston (crazy trip over the blue mountains) my tiny blond wife and i were literally dropped off in a burned out building in trenchtown, and no one gave us a second look.
>>
I just got back from Jamaica, it is beautiful but you need to be careful. Outside of resorts it is very very ghetto. I would not personally drive around the island myself. It is not uncommon to see thugs with machetes.

Most places take USD, we did not have to exchange our money.
>>
>>1074998
>resorts
uh-huh. and how many locals did you interact with outside ordering another pina colada from servers at the "guests"-(whites)-only private beach?
>>
Are native Jamaican girls easy to hook up with? How about tourists? In Thailand my friends and I have a game: whoever is the last to leave with an Aussie slag picks up the tab.

Is Jamaica similar, probably not with Australians, but you get the idea?
>>
>>1075499
unlikely. american girls looking for dick go there for a taste of the black (though a sufficiently charming accent might overcome that) and jamaicans aren't super big fans of white people, except for their money.
>>
>>1075512
American girls don't have to travel to get black cock though. :/
>>
>>1075651
it's the "on vacation anything goes/it doesn't count" philosophy.
>>
>>1075651
American girls tend to travel there with their significant others. Black girls go for exotic black dick (Eddie Murphy did a stand up abut this 30 years ago) and European and Middle Eastern white women go for black dick. Maybe you could score a black chick, they go their in groups, but you don't see a lot of groups of single western women. All couples and families. There are sex orientated adult swinger resorts like Hedonism, but even then couples rule.
>>
Any food I should go out of my way to try that isn't jerk or saltfish & akee?
>>
>>1076903
if you like lobster it's plentiful and cheap. also god tier fried chicken. and festival (fried cornbread rolls) are insanely good.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.