[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alternative Living
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: grp-berk-pk.png (264 KB, 564x301) Image search: [Google]
grp-berk-pk.png
264 KB, 564x301
I'm looking for places to live or visit that can accommodate unconventional lifestyles, I'm thinking of bohemian type communities, preferably somewhere warm. I have heard of WOOFing which is different to this but similar, although I still want more options. I'm not very knowledgable on this, so any help would be appreciated
TL;DR where to go if you are interested in living simply with like-minded peaceful people and don't want a conventional job
>>
Amish?
>>
>>963375
I've collected some books which I am trying to draw from and I have traveled a lot in my own way.

I think there must be some underground communities in the USA which are all about Government Reform, Peace Movements, Anti Capitalism movements, anti-fraud. I hesitate to mention the name that came to me, but it is not my community at all. Maybe started from some old generation that liked Woodstock, Greatful Dead, Phychodelics, Liberalism. But also in Europe you see the Protesters against the G8, G7, G20 and Economic Meetings.

You have the Podemos in Spain and Shryza in Greece maybe.

But most countries are conservative. Have you considered the A, B, C Islands in the Carribean and Amsterdam?

I heard that Uruguay and other Latin American Countries might be Libertarian enough but as I say most countries are Conservative. So people will judge you in all countries.

Goa, India attracts Bohemian types, but you only get a 6 month Visa. Thailand has a backpacker area of town with Hostels in Bangkok and you can trip to the Islands. But have to say Bangkok is very hot for no A/C.

Prague in the Czech Republic had lots of Bohemians and the word Bohemian may come from that area of Prague.

1920s Paris was the big center of Bohemia.

Berlin might have a lot of fun for a Bohemian with their Love Fest.

Surfers have a kind of Bohemian Network. They know all the best beach hang outs.

Eco-Tourism is big in Panama and almost any place you want to visit.

Combined Eco-Tourism with Surfing and Yoga?
>>
>>963375
There are a few Mennonite Communities in Belize.
>>
>>963375
There is at least one Organic Farming Community which teaches Eco Tourism and offers something like WWOOFing in Ecuador. Near the Coast I think.

The coast seems to get Dry from the Salt and a Dry Season so it would be back from the coast some what.

I would guess Peru, Costa Rica, and Panama would have similar places. Maybe advertised as Eco-Tourism or as Organic Farming.

I feel like I am too old for the work, but might do it to learn more Spanish and farming.
>>
>>963375
Warm Commune Outside of the Huricane Zone?

I did hear of a group setting up properties of big size in Costa Rica. The idea was that you buy a big piece of land and everyone has the same philosophy about farming or caring for the land, trying to build something.

Probably is more than one of these in Costa Rica. If you could get there and would work for someone maybe that would be a fair trade to share food and shelter.

Might be exciting.
>>
>>963403
I know one commune-style eco village in Costa Rica that is run mostly by German speaking people plus former refugees from Nicaragua and El Salvador and some formerly landless farmers.
They encourage eco tourism etc.
it's called Longo Mai/Finca Sonador
>>
slab city.
>>
>>963380
second this does anyone have some sort of info on this? it had cossed my mind more than once how interesting it could be to live with the amish for a year or so,write a journal about my experineces
>>
Jonestown. Built it up again.
>>
I met some people staying at this one while on Ometepe in Nicaragua, looked awesome:

http://www.inanitah.com/
>>
File: 7005762621_9461d3c1ae_o.jpg (241 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
7005762621_9461d3c1ae_o.jpg
241 KB, 1500x1000
>>964446
here's a shitload of pics from the commune:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/paulandgaia/
>>
>>964027
Yeah right, like the amish are just going to accept some random honky into their stupid communtity. Are you from PA?? Did you even think about what it is like to be born amish before you made this suggestion?? Jesus christ, i hope not. But either way, no hope for our race
>>
>>964447
This photo is BEGGING to be turned into a Real Traveller image macro
>>
I checked out Twin Oaks. Not my cup of tea, but shortly thereafter I wound up living in a hippie commune in spite of being fairly square. Good luck finding what you're seeking.

>Namaste.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.