[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Southeast Asia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2
File: vietnam-hero[1].jpg (511 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
vietnam-hero[1].jpg
511 KB, 1920x1080
OP is going to travel SEA with a friend for 2 months.
We've got pretty much everything covered and ready to go. Any extra advice /trv/ can give before we head out? Anything from food, places to stay, places to see.

General SEA thread I guess.
>>
Sorry OP, I don't have any advice but have a question for this /SEA/ thread:

Is it possible to have a quiet relaxing, month long trip in Phuket? I'd like to get an airbnb house next to a beach and basically just hangout there for the entire time. Like I just want to hang out on the beach, read, sleep and maybe once in a while head to a market for food. Is phuket a good island for this or should I look elsewhere?
>>
File: CAmjg3mUQAAyQ5N.jpg (62 KB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
CAmjg3mUQAAyQ5N.jpg
62 KB, 599x337
>>1073479
I personally feel Phuket is shit. Is it beautiful? Yes, it some places it is extremely beautiful. However it is overpriced and full of some of the worst people you will meet in the Kingdom. Be ok with the fact that you will be overcharged for being a tourist, hell even if you live there they will try it. Some places go as far as listing Thai numbers for prices that are lower than the Arabic ones. Taxi and transprt are corrupt, police are corrupt (well this is true in the whole country, just worse here) But all of those nice pictures you see, they are leaving out of the hordes of Russian and Chinese groups. Sure individually they might be nice, in a group they are capable of ruining everything. Go look at Trat, Koh Lanta, Koh Kood, basically places that are not advertised to hell.
Pic is Koh Phi Phi ful of chinese. Should be allowed to have this many, but Thai boats don't care as long as they make money. 10 years ago this beach would have had about 3-4 small boats.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.