[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starting the Camino de Santiago in early March. The French Way.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1
Starting the Camino de Santiago in early March. The French Way. Does anyone have any tips or anecdotes? Also how much did it cost? I've packed as well as I have for any other trip but feel like I'm missing something.
>>
There's a thread here: >>1066260 with answers to most of your questions. Reading through it would probably help.

But to start off with, make sure you didn't pack too much. You don't need much to walk to Camino. At all. If your backpack is over 40-45 liters, it's probably too big, and if you're carrying more than 10kg, you could cut some stuff out.

It doesn't cost very much. Basically the Camino costs as much as you want it to. Most of the time, you can find accommodation for around 10 euros or less, and the only other major expense is food, which can be quite cheap. Eating off the menu del dia is filling and usually costs 10 euros, fruit and other food can be found along the way in markets for cheap, and food in small bars is also usually inexpensive. Wine and beer are generally cheap. Most people say 30 euros a day is pretty typical, but it's possible to go cheaper (depending on how much you eat and drink).

A small note about price, though. Some albergues are "donativo," which means you can pay whatever you want. That doesn't mean it's free. You should pay about what you would normally, and maybe more if you really liked the place. They can be great places to stay, and someone has to support them.
Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.