[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Official Thailand Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
File: 1280px-Flag_of_Thailand.svg.png (5 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Flag_of_Thailand.svg.png
5 KB, 1280x853
Okay, guys. It's official, I've decided, I'm going to Thailand, it's going to be 2-3 weeks of eating food, culture, sea and a good time.

I want everyone who has ever been to share all the info and make this the best and official Thailand thread for the rest of /trv/.

THINGS TO KNOW:

Hotels in Bangkok
-How much? Which are the best to cheap ratio? Closest to the city? What to watch out for and avoid? Do you have to book hotels before you arrive?

Food
-Where to go? What signs tell you to avoid street food? What to try?

Scams
-Most famous ones? Obscure ones you might not know about?

Vaccination
-Required? What to get?

Touristy destinations
-Places to visit in Bangkok? Any point in leaving Bangkok and going to another city? Which city to go to? Anywhere that isn't really known about by tourists?

Memes
-Which places are memes that are actually shit?

Carry On Only
-Is it useful to do this instead? Can you leave luggage in the hotel?

Tailors
-Should you get a suit made whilst you're there?

I'm going to be taking a lot of photos as I'm a photographer, I can't wait to go. Should I be worried about my camera being stolen?

I want all the info, I really want to make this a great trip and I can't wait to try the street food.
>>
>>1061748
You can expect around 500 baht a night for somewhere with a refrigerator and bathroom. I'd advise spending a little extra just to get a good neighbourhood. Avoid Asok/Nana.
Hotels are common and cheap, so you don't necessarily need to book. It would make your arrival much easier, though, if you knew exactly where you had to go.

>-Where to go?
7/11 or Aeon for organic yoghurt. It combats Delhi Belly.

>-Is it useful to do this instead? Can you leave luggage in the hotel?
This question implies that you would be wandering around Bangkok in 35 c heat with your entire wardrobe on your back. Why would you do that? I don't even understand fannypacks.
Yes, leave your luggage in your hotel. I'd advise getting hard-cased lockable luggage just to be safe, though.

>>1061748
>-Should you get a suit made whilst you're there?
No. Go to Hong Kong, find a Chinese tailor who doesn't use touts, drop at least 7000HKD for a suit with a "floating canvas" jacket.

Women will look at you like you are a prince.

Bangkok tailors are able to make shirts and trousers. Just make sure they're using 100% cotton fabric - ask for fabric samples (this is standard) and burn them at your leisure. If they turn to ash, they're cotton. If they turn into a blob, they're polyester.
>>
>>
>>
>>1061752
How long should I stay in Bangkok before moving to another city and which ones should I go to?
>>
File: 20151003_175224.jpg (2 MB, 2576x1932) Image search: [Google]
20151003_175224.jpg
2 MB, 2576x1932
>>1061782
I just spent 2.5 weeks in Chiang Mai area. Go there, rent a motorbike, and ride through the mountains. Chiang Mai is a big city but ride out 2 or 3 hours and you can see some of the beautiful rural areas.
I stayed at my brother's house so can't really recommend a hotel. One thing I regret is I wish I saw a couple more Must Thai matches. It was really fun.

I don't know anything about Bangkok as I was only there for maybe 9 hours. Didn't know where to go so basically asked the cabbie to take us to beer. He stopped us off on some party street which I forget the name of. There were drunk foreigners everywhere, lots of drugs and prostitutes. We sat in the street and had a few beers. That street was a shit show.

Also rode up to Pai. That place was pretty touristy and hippyish but we splurged on a nice resort room that was still dirt cheap.

I want to go back, I had a great time there.

Pic related. One of my favorite spots.
>>
>>1061796
Sorry for typos and the sideways photo I'm on my phone.
>>
>>1061796
I really want to go but my god, the flights from UK are like 600 GBP, I've got the money but when compared to other places I could go it makes me anxious and I can't decide.
>>
Should I start in Chiang Mai or Bangkok?
>>
>>1061800
wahh. Double that, at minimum from East Coast USA
>>
>>1061809
When I was buying my tickets it was much cheaper to fly to Bangkok and then to Chiang Mai. A direct flight to Chiang Mai was maybe $300 USD more than landing in Bangkok, and taking another flight to Chiang Mai.

If I could do another trip I would fly to BKK, train to Chiang Mai (just to experience the train), head to some other north east city, then head south, spending some time on one of the islands before catching the flight home out of BKK.

I kept putting off my trip unsure of when to go. If I had just picked a date and saved I could have bought 4 tickets in that time. Be frugal for a while, it's worth the money and the time spent saving.
>>
>>1061748
I would stay as close to Asoke/Sukhumvit intersection as possible, then you have access to the subway and skytrain.

Food, I prefer the food courts. Start at Terminal 21. There is some good street food, but so much is just oily shit.

Scams: If someone starts talking to you in English in Bangkok its a scam. Also, don't believe any taxi or tuk tuk driver. If you're going to some place and they say it's closed, or there is some place better, its a scam.

Vaccines: none. Once here buy some mosqito repellent.

2/3 weeks in Bangkok would be too long.

Checking in bags is fine, as you go through immigration first, so won't wait long for it.

Lesser known places: Go to Surin and Buriram. They have a ton of ancient Khamer stuff, much which is well worth seeing, yet has a dirth of foreign tourist.
>>
Guys, ill be spending new years eve in thailand. Its not that big a deal for me, but i want the possilbility to party. I am travelling alone, so i need a party crew, this is always hit or miss.
Is there like a go to place, best known party hostel on khao san road? I think its time to book.
Anyone else spending new years?
Thanks
>>
File: w7xoh.gif (1 MB, 260x462) Image search: [Google]
w7xoh.gif
1 MB, 260x462
>>
>>1062403
That's hot
>>
somebody recently told me that evrything in thailand is sex-vacations and sex will be offered at any hotel near the city. there's tons of ladyboys and you should watch out for girls with big hands, feet and the adams apple on their throat.

other than that I'm sure there's plenty of beautiful scenery and whatnot.

safe trip
>>
File: w7xds.gif (2 MB, 360x202) Image search: [Google]
w7xds.gif
2 MB, 360x202
>>1062421

made another
>>
In Thailand ATM.
Spent less than a day in Bangkok then got the fuck out. Over priced big city.
Spent 3 nights in ayutthaya which is only an hours drive from bkk, the old capital. Real nice, lots to do if you like ancient temples and such. They had the world heritage fair there which was interesting.
Then went up to Bangkok on a bus. Defs would recommend the trainz even the first class bus is shit.
Chiang mais okay, saw star wars in 4d, but I wasn't keen on paying for trekking and am not confident enough on the scooter to drive myself around. Moved up to pai real hippy/touristy, but if you get a little out of town you can avoid that. Spending the days learning to drive and doing day trips, plus training twice a day at a Muay Thai gym.
Gunna do this for a week then head to Chiang mai for new years. I imagine watching the town from the top of doing ibotoep would be fantastic.

Anyway I'm blogging.... None of this was planned it just happenee as I went.
Go south for beaches and parties
Go north for mountains and wildlife.

>wrote this in my phone, so grammar is a shit
Thailand is a great place.
>>
Going to stay in Thailand for couple of months and I'm wondering will I be okay with just a debit card? My dad told me I should definitely get a credit card. Will I be able to pay electric bills and whatnot with just my debit card?
I'm asking this because I'm renting a condo and therefore not going to stay at hotels.
>>
>>1062573
I would get one and keep it safe away from my debit card just in case of emergencies
>>
So, if a girl hits on you - she's a prost?

Can you just go there to score some native poon without STDs/payment?
>>
>>1062428
>somebody recently told me that everything in thailand is sex-vacations and sex will be offered at any hotel near the city. there's tons of ladyboys and you should watch out for girls with big hands, feet and the adams apple on their throat.
bullshit
A trip to Thailand is what you make it
If you want it to be a sex trip then it shall be
As for ladyboys they will tell you if you ask them.

If you think a girl is a ladyboy just ask.
>>
>>1062629
Yes. Best way is to chat them up on interpals, FB, LINE, or ThaiFriendly prior to arrival.
>>
>>1062639
What about Tinder? What are LINE, Interpals and ThaiFriendly? Dating websites of sorts?

ALSO HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE.

If I go to Thailand for 2 weeks, how much cash should I bring? I'm not an avid spender, I just want to live there for 2 weeks and do fuck all.
>>
>>1062643
dunno about the other two but LINE is a better whatsapp.
>>
>>1062644
If I'm white and 181 cm tall, what are my chances to find someone?
>>
>>1062639
http://www.interpals.net/
https://www.thaifriendly.com/

And LINE has a social media platform along with it's messaging. You can get on any mobile store, there is also a PC desktop app.
>>
>>1062652
There is also always am interpals general on /int/ called culture pals >>>/int/52570980
>>
File: white is loser.png (444 KB, 750x660) Image search: [Google]
white is loser.png
444 KB, 750x660
>>1062645
>>
>>1062655
S-s-sorry, Thai-kun.
>>
>>1062655
Yeah, I agree with Mr. Liao. Chinese girls are so easy that westerners should be ashamed of taking them away from Mr. Liao's harem.

I bet all the Chinese girls who heard him were really charmed by his mix of self-hating arrogance and humiliated jealousy. Talk about a dreamboat! He can carry my purse anytime!
>>
Did SE Asia a few months ago. Bangkok twice, for a week each time. There's a lot to do, but there's some vital shit you need to know about scams:

>You think because they're Buddhist, they are peaceful and honest. Not the case. They will even use it to seem trustworthy. There is no such thing as Lucky Buddha Day.
>Taxis are there to steal. Make sure you agree a price before setting foot in the car. If not, make sure they have a working meter on the dashboard. I payed a guy a week's wages to get my luggage out his boot.
>People approach you about every 50 metres. 9/10 are scammers, so it's easiest to just say "No thanks" and shut them down the moment they start towards you. You have to be REALLY blunt or they don't get it. They'll start grabbing you and shit.
>And the scammers don't just give you a deal. They talk to you and "become your friend" first. So they don't just try and scam you, but they waste 15 mins of your time before they reveal their true motivation.

I got seriously depressed by the lowlife standard of people. So much that it completely ruined the first visit. I had to go back once I was used to the cut-throat, grabby culture.

Other general tips:
>Kao San Road is a great area. Most tour buses drop you off there at the end of the day, so good to live near there. Penpark Place was my fav.
>Bring underwear, but buy all your t-shirts and trousers there. They sell them at markets all over the place and the material is ten times more suited to the weather than western clothes.
>Shirt/vest should be about 80 bhat. Trousers 100-120 bhat. Haggle for everything except meals. If you give them a "final offer" and they decline, walk away with pride. They often call you back and accept.
>Taxis/tuktuks are really cheap. If locals give you a price estimate, add 50% and that's about what you'll be able to haggle down to as a foreigner
>There are 7/11s everywhere for standard food. But there are milkshake stands all over the place and they are absolutely gorgeous
>>
File: _00_0419.jpg (450 KB, 2723x1971) Image search: [Google]
_00_0419.jpg
450 KB, 2723x1971
>>1061748
>-Most famous ones? Obscure ones you might not know about?
"You are very lucky sir!"
I felt like punching this guy. Probably could have, the cops are probably sick of his shit.

>street food? What to try?
Som Tam AKA Papaya Pok Pok
It's a kind of salad made from pounded shreds of green papaya or green mango and a great sauce called nam jin. Goes great with a roast chicken which is often at the same places. Pic related.

>Do you have to book hotels before you arrive?
Not if you stay in Kaohsan Rd, just walk down the street until you find somewhere with beds.
>Places to visit in Bangkok?
A few days partying in Kaohsan rd is a lot of fun, especially at the start of the trip to get you into the mood.

>Should you get a suit made whilst you're there?
Not from an Indian guy that meets you on Kaohsan rd. Maybe from an actual tailor shop elsewhere in the city.
>>
File: _00_0406.jpg (2 MB, 2848x2144) Image search: [Google]
_00_0406.jpg
2 MB, 2848x2144
>>1061796
>There were drunk foreigners everywhere, lots of drugs and prostitutes. We sat in the street and had a few beers. That street was a shit show
Probably Patpong.
Kaohsan Rd is similar but without all the brothels and hookers (or at least very discreet ones). There was a gogo bar in Kaohsan rd once that I remember seeing but anything like that was so discreet that I never saw it last time I was there.

Also, consider the Tiger Temple.
>>
File: _00_0347.jpg (2 MB, 2848x2144) Image search: [Google]
_00_0347.jpg
2 MB, 2848x2144
>>1061748
>Hostels in Bangkok
At Kaohsan rd, go to one end of the road (usually the other side from where taxis drop you) and there is a temple and big carpark/market. There is a street that does a big U around this compound. This street has hotels, hostels, lots of eating and a 7/11. Most of the big hotels are on one side of this street.

Except for the big hotel, most things on this street are cheaper and quieter than the rest of Kaohsan rd and I really like the street bar there.

pic related, rooftop pool at one of the hotels there.
>>
File: (31).jpg (114 KB, 628x694) Image search: [Google]
(31).jpg
114 KB, 628x694
Have basically just over a month off and want to go travelling. I was going to go to Thailand with a friend of mine but they bailed and now it looks like I might be on my own. I honestly haven't traveled very much.

Basically just want to see some cool shit in Thailand and then relax and go diving and shit. Any good tours or should I grow a pair of balls and just find a local girl as a guide. Decided to swipe on Tinder there and got a fuck load of matches somehow.

I have basically 5k USD to blow.
>>
>>1062801
if that is one of your matches go for it
>>
Is 9 days enough to have a good time in Thailand?
>>
>>1062801
5K to spend over a month in the land of smiles? You're going to live like a king, it's going to be the best experience of your life.

>grow a pair of balls and just find a local girl as a guide
Yes. About a month out from your trip get on tinder, dateinasia, interpals and start networking, or as it's commonly referred to given these circumstances, "pipelining." Find a girl (or a few, if you'd prefer to change it up by region) to be your personal assistant/tour guide.

With a month and 5K USD you can see most of what's worth seeing in the country at a comfortable pace. See some temples. Ride elephants in the sea. Party like a boss at the many, many rooftop bars. Train in the world's best striking art.
>>
I loathe Bangkok and my opinion has not changed one iota in over 25years. Go to the North.

I center my travels from Chiang Mai. This city was a sleepy small city when I encountered it 30+ years ago. Many choices for accommodations in Chiang Mai. I hate motorbikes and scooters but reluctantly understand their economy. Yet, I would NEVER drive one in any country in SE Asia. Luggage can be left any any reliable homestay or hotel/motel. But, do NOT leave any in hostels or cheap economy locale. I'm gay but would never travel to the beaches of the South without a local or 'trusted' traveling companion. Too many hustlers, druggies, con artists, and low lifes of all races and genders esp. male. Beaches -- Vietnam or Indonesia. There are very good tailors and seamstresses in Thailand but do your research.
Peace
>>
>>1062899
How much money do you have, what time of year is it, and are you single?
>>
>>1062932
My budget is 3000USD. 26 years old and yea recently single. Thinking mid to late summer next year. Might bring a bro friend as well if he's down.
>>
>>1062942
>3000 USD
>Recently single
>Summer
>Possible wingman
Nine days? With that budget you can literally live like a king. Beaches, temples, rooftop bars, raves, Bangkok float center, floating market, Angkor wat, maybe do a little Muay Thai.

Now when you say nine days, is that nine days in country, or is that not accounting for travel time?

I suggest you do one of two things: spend the entire trip in Bangkok, it's an awesome city, a great introduction to Thailand, and a central hub with lots of very accessible day trips. OR divide the time between Bangkok and one other destination, Chang Mai, Koh Samui, Koh Phi Phi, Phuket. If you have to spend some of the nine days traveling, leaving you with 7, maybe 6 days of leisure, I strongly recommend setting up shop in BKK.

What about Thailand calls to you? Be honest. The more I know about you the more I can help you plan an awesome vacation. Thailand, Japan, and Philippines are like second homes to me.
>>
>>1062950
Just to see a different culture, way of life, meet new people. Vague I know but I live din an oil town in the south all my life. I've traveled to Canada and Mexico as a kid but I was too young to appreciate the experiences.

Just want to have a good time.
>>
>>1062952
Are you interested in women? Beaches? Muay Thai?

For culture you gotta see the palace, Tiger temple, Angkor wat.
>>
>>1062958
Yes to beaches and woman haha, I've always had a thing for Asian women. And the beaches here where I live are dirty from the Mississippi River and refineries. So some nice beaches would be refreshing.

I've always been interested in Buddihism and the temples. One of the reasons I've looked into Thailand, also because I know my money will go far there.
>>
>>1062959
>Women
Like I said, about three weeks out (but never more than a month, these girls lose interest fast and have the attention spans of goldfish) start chatting girls up on Thaifriendly, DateinAsia, interpals. If you're decent looking and not autistic it's very easy to have a mini-harem waiting for you when you arrive.

Last few times in SEA I haven't had impressive numbers, but then again I wasn't trying. Still, we're talking frequent, enjoyable sex with five to seven different sevens to nines (on the ten scale) in the span of three to four weeks with minimal effort.

Back in 2013 I set out to complete the full month cunt hunt (that is, at least one new girl that you didn't pay every night for thirty consecutive nights) and did just that.

My point is, Thai girls you'll meet online love the BWC, and you can add quite a few notches with a little pipelining.

>Beaches
Phuket has some amazing beaches, some of the most western accessible (and legit) Muay Thai schools on the planet, and an infamous party atmosphere. The place is literally like the wild west.

Koh Samui and Koh Phi Phi are some of the more famous islands, Koh Chang is cool if you want to ride elephants, Krabi is also fun and a little less crowded.

You gotta do a full moon party just to say you've done it. Shame you're not going in April, Songkran is one of those things that should be on everyone's bucket list.
>>
>>1062986
Yea man I'm not looking to pay for sex. But I'm young white and fit so I'm sure I'll manage lol. I'll look into seeing about moving my vacation around in April. I've talked to some Thais on Kik and they all seemed eager to hang out when I visit.

I'll take any more advice you're willing to dish. I consider myself open minded.
>>
File: Song.jpg (2 MB, 3500x2364) Image search: [Google]
Song.jpg
2 MB, 3500x2364
>>1062996
Yeah paying for sex is pathetic and since you're

>young white and fit

You definitely won't need to. Hooking up abroad is a hobby, and I've never paid for it, nor would I.

>April
Songkran is April 13th through 15th. If you decide to go in April I strongly suggest scheduling your trip so that Songkran falls on the middle or end of your trip. You don't want to get off the plane and straight into pic related.

Seriously. For those three days the entire country is a giant water fight/drunken party, no holds barred, no opting out.
>>
has anyone had any issues with random piss tests from police? should i quit smoking weed a month before I go
>>
>>1063126
I've never heard of this but... let's just say a little Baht goes a long way.
>>
>>1063104
Yea the few Thais I've talked to mention Songkran, sounds like a blast. Thanks for all the help man. Do you know anything about suits? I hear a a lot about getting cheap clothing there.
>>
>>1063150
>suits
Yeah, quality tailors aren't hard to find. Some good advice

>>1061752
here.

Glad I could help.

Where are you from, anon?
>>
>>1063181
Shitty part of Texas.You?
>>
>>1063126
Yah ever since the bombing in bangkok the police have started stopping every honky they see on the streets to the station. Once there they have you piss in front of the whole squad while they laugh. Then someone tastes the piss to check for weed. Happened to me, so humiliating but luckily i quit weed a month befor my trip so jokes on them lolz
>>
>>1063189
Florida. Originally.
>>
>>1063194
Originally, eh? Well im gonna need your full history then. Then we can meet up and bang
>>
>>1063199
>meet up and bang
Not even the least bit homosexually, sorry. But I'd be totally down for hitting up the land of smiles with you.
>>
>>1063194
Lol >>1063199 isn't me. How often do you run into tourists in Thailand? I'm down for meeting people from other areas. I'm guessing most of the locals are pretty friendly as well? Is it true they really love white people?

What's some do's and don'ts?
>>
>>1063202
>tourists in Thailand
Depends on the exact place and time of year, some places you'll feel like the last white man on earth, other places Thais are the minority. Nowhere worth visiting though.

>locals are pretty friendly as well
Called the land of smiles for a reason. Just don't get scammed.

>Is it true they really love white people?
Thai women, and SEAsian women in general crave BWC.

Unless you speak Thai, it's best to pick up online though.

If you ever want to know what it feels like to be a hot white chick in America, go to the Philippines.

>Tfw 5'11, blue eyes, white, good facial aesthetics, otter/MMA build

I swear those girls treat me like I'm Channing Tatum. I don't suppose anyone wants to hear about the time I got into a six way with five pinay and an Australian chick in Boracay?
>>
>>1063218
Well since you brought it up...
>>
>>1063229
Sorry, FOUR pinay and an Aussie. Gimme a bit to green text this shit.
>>
Going to BKK. Chiang Mai, Koh Samai, Pataya and a few others in a couple weeks. Any decent recommendations for must see and do's?

Also, saw a guy do a fight in a YouTube travel channel and he made money for winning the May Thai match. Any idea where some of those shows are? Would live to fund my trip with additional cash and have some fun at the same time.
>>
>>1063258
Oh boy. I swear Departures is going to get someone crippled one of these days.

How much fighting experience do you have?
>>
>>1063258
I trained and fought in Chiang Mai for 5 months. Fought twice. Typically you only make around $100usd for a fight (win or lose) and then you tip your corner guys about a third of it.

You won't be funding your trip by fighting. I broke my leg in my last fight (2 minor hairline fractures in my tibia). Between injuries and training, you'll be lucky if you can fight more than once every 3-4 weeks consistently.

I live in Hat Yai now. Sadly there are virtuallyvirtually no gyms here so haven't been able to continue training.
>>
File: 1451146153791.jpg (29 KB, 450x800) Image search: [Google]
1451146153791.jpg
29 KB, 450x800
>>1062909

What are some good accommodations in Chiang Mai?

Actually I was wondering if people had recommendations for accommodations in the following places.

Koh Samui or Koh Thao
Railay Beach or Khao Sok or Ao Nang
Phuket

Going to be staying around 5 nights in each of those places, have like 25k-30k THB budget for each stop.

>that awkward moment you think you see a penis on the thai girl you are talking to through tinder
>>
>>1063304
Hmmm, let's see. 4th degree in TKD, 2nd degree in kenpo, combat Juititsu and years training in Sgaolin, bagua and San Shou. Over 20 years. And let's face it, most of the May Thai fighters are not that great for all their constant training.
>>
>>1063405
Fucking auto correct on this new phone blows monkey dick.
>>
>>1063407
must be a Samsung
>>
>>1063405
>>1063405
More like 4th degree in being a huge fag. Well if you already know how good everyone in thailand is you should have no prob thhen
>>
>>1063407
Yup
>>
Hahaha butt hurt much? I asked where to find a fight, not to have little armchair twats inquire as to my experience. Go die in a fire.
>>
>>1063348
I'm pretty sure that's a cock.

>>1063405
Well I wasn't trying to be a dick about it but
>4th degree TKD
TKD is for children and aspiring Olympians, not full contact combat sports. Also who trained you? What are their credentials? TKD is McDojo as fuck.
>Kenpo
Had to Wikipedia this, topkek.
>Combat Jujutsu
What the hell is combat Jujutsu? Does it come in a non-combat flavor? In any case this won't do you any good in Thailand, grappling isn't allowed in Muay Thai fights.
>Literally what
OK you've dabbled in a bunch of obscure wushu,
>Literally no Muay Thai
Oh god I want to see you fight.
>Summary
You listed a bunch of meaningless credentials, and nowhere did you mention a fighting record, titles, or anything worth a damn.

>And let's face it, most of the Muay Thai fighters are not that great for all their constant training
You've never been to Thailand, you know fuck all about the country, so what do you base this ignorant, and frankly, offensive statement on? They train twice a day, six days a week, and fight at least once a month. They've been doing this since they were old enough to walk. It's not a hobby or something to show their friends on facebook, it's their life, and the amount of arrogance you're putting on display is sickening.

>>1063410
Top kek

>>1063428
>Armchair twat
Well I don't have 20+ years of hard training in a strip mall dojo, but I do have a paltry 11 in training with krus at home and abroad with actual, verifiable credentials, and have fought over forty times in BKK, Phuket, Pattaya, and Chiang Mai.

I've won some. I've lost some. I've gotten hurt pretty bad once. And that's going into it with the respect and understanding it deserves. You're going into it like a goddamn tourist, which is what you are. You're going to end up like this Swedish kid I saw get knee'd so hard his kidney burst last time I was in Phuket.

But fuck it. At this point I think getting hurt (or crippled) might do you some good. SO

<con't>
>>
>>1063456
You said you're going to BKK and Pattaya, it should be easy to find a promoter any day of the week. Approach them, tell them you want to fight. You might find someone willing to set you up against a Tuk Tuk Driver. Then again you might find someone who loves throwing a silly farang against a proven fighter. But you should be fine. Right?

>>1063308
Much truth here. But where did you find a place willing to give a $100 purse to the loser?

>>1063202
I forgot

>do's and don'ts
>don't
Show people your feet.
Disrespect the king or anything with his image.
Lose your composure or flex nuts, anything that might result in a Thai losing "face."
>>
Eat a bag of horse dicks. My creds aren't needed for you to answer the question. This is a thread about Travel, not you thinking your 5 months of Thai training makes you anywhere near the people I have broken in my life. Fuck off
>>
>>1063456
You dumb nigger, I asked for locations and info. You idiots started into your whole "are you qualified" tard ball shit. I did nothing to disrespect the style you fuck twat, it is still like every other style. Just because you train in it does not mean you are a good fighter. You children are morons and I wonder what you would be doing without the in terwevs to troll
>>
>>1063457
I fought at Thae Pae Stadium in Chiang Mai. Not sure how it works for the local fighters but all the foreigners were paid 3000 baht just to fight.
>>
>>1063460
You sound like a big guy.

>>1063465
You literally stated that the majority of native Muay Thai fighters are shit. This is patently false, disrespectful, and your shit's all retarded and you talk like a fag.

As for both of you jerk offs people inquired as to your training because farang can and do get injured, crippled, or worse all the damn time.

>>1063481
Nice do you need a local gym to sponsor you or do you just talk to a promoter?
>>
>>1063497
The gym I trained at was in tight with the promoter at Thae Pae Stadium (the promoter would actually come and hold pads once in a while). First fight I had the gym set it up, the second one I set up myself with the promoter. Just talked to him and picked a date. Was super easy process.

Most gyms will get you a fight without a problem though.
>>
>>1063523
What gym, if I may ask? I haven't trained in Chiang Mai in years.
>>
>>1063532
Chay Yai in the Nong Hoi area. Lanna Muay Thai usually has a couple people fighting at Thae Pae each week as well. Pretty sure their farang fighters got the same purse as us except for title fights (but even title fights only pay 5000-7000 baht).
>>
>>1062403
Conceals the adam's apple like an experienced pro
>>
How do I save on air fare when planning my trip in June?

All the flights I find are like $1000+ for a round trip from chicago and I only have around $2200 for three days there minus travel because I want to save for Army Basic the very next month
>>
File: YrXbtSE.jpg (372 KB, 1803x1351) Image search: [Google]
YrXbtSE.jpg
372 KB, 1803x1351
Going to chiang mai in feb for 2 weeks

How prevelant are stds in thailand in general?

Are prostitutes mainly in bangkok? Or can i find an equal amount of locals/hookers to fuck in chiang mai?
>>
>>1063784
The ones in Chiang Mai or the diseased ones from Bangkok/Pattaya/Phuket or otherwise got ran out of the hooking hotspots. Women from Chiang Mai don't even hook in Chiang Mai.
>>
>>1063793
I saw some hotties working in the GoGo's in Chiang Mai. Even raw dogged one, never got anything.
>>
>>1063706
>Army basic
Don't do it bro.

Who the fuck am I kidding? You're doing it. What's your MOS and please tell me you got yourself a bonus. Try to get stationed in Germany or Korea.

>Three days
Dude stay there at least a week. That said $1200 is more than enough for 3 days in Thailand. Like I'd be legit impressed if you could spend it all.

>>1063784
Bro you don't have to pay for sex in SEA and I strongly advise against it. Get on Thaifriendly/dateinasia/Interpals and pipeline before your trip.

>>1063820
Respect. Go raw or go home.

(Hi Harry, how ya doing?)
>>
>>1063218
>Thai women, and SEAsian women in general crave BWC.
>Unless you speak Thai, it's best to pick up online though.
>If you ever want to know what it feels like to be a hot white chick in America, go to the Philippines.

How would latino hold up
>>
>>1062902
Is it really that good anon????
>>
>>1062950
I think you are trolling family
>>
>>1063881
People are saying they crave BWC, because they have big BWC. But Thais, and even Flips, are far less discriminating than that. They are generally just wasy/easily manipulated by Western standards. They take far less work to bag. The effort it would take just to get a number, a nude pic, or a date in the West, you'd already be balls deep in a SEAsian chick. You'll be fine
>>
>>1061748
Always,always, beg for a lower price when you get street food/taxis/whatever. Else they will charge you enormous expenses. You can pay about half of the initial taxi price if you play it right.
>>
>>1063860
68W is my MOS- staying longer would probably be better I'm just forgetting that thailand is way cheaper than the U.S.
>>
>>1063928
The lowest price I've gotten for a roundtrip ticket to Bangkok was $980 after fees. You definitely want to stay AT LEAST a week, but I'd try and push for two.
>>
Hey mates,

My SO and I, currently in Indonesia, would love to spend some time in Thailand - see some temples and have some fun. What are some must-see? Is it better to stay to a few places or should we go around by train/bike/car? What about weed/drug culture there - it's a big no-no in Indo so it's been a long time? She's buddhist so I'd guess she'd like the sacred places and stuff. I have no special interest but I enjoy nightlife.
>>
>>1063899
>The effort it would take just to get a number, a nude pic, or a date in the West, you'd already be balls deep in a SEAsian chick. You'll be fine

I'm not going to SE Asia (not anytime soon, anyways. Going to Japan in March though)

I was just curious how and why they're so easy.

Like how upfront are you guys? Do you just message them online a few weeks before hand and are like "wanna fuck?" or is there still a "date" aspect to it (taking them or ask to be taken somewhere, share a meal, etc)?
>>
>>1064200
The same can be applied to Japan really, to a lesser extent, but still far easier than the West.

IMO it's because the guys are shit. If you're American you know how they have the "Latin Lover" stereotype and how easy it is for these dudes to pick up women. And how part of the appeal is their aggressiveness as compared to American men? Well it's that scenario in Asia. The men are either pussies, indifferent, or overly mysoginistic. So the way they are treated by Westerners, in comparison, is straight out of a romantic novel. Also, in Thailand at least, (and this may be true for the Phillipines) the women outnumber the men during the prime dating/marrying age, so not a lot of dudes to go around.
>>
>>1064200
"Wanna fuck" doesn't work well anywhere, and SEA is no exception.

Online game is kind of my forte, I love it. It's not time consuming, it's consistent, and it lets me keep a fresh rotation of pussy going while I sift through the silt for the occasional girl that's possibly worth being in a relationship with.

One of the first things I picked up on with online dating is very, VERY few women will be open about being DTF, and yet the overwhelming majority of them are. In fact, whenever I run into a girl who has something along the lines of "if you're just looking to hook up don't waste my time" on her profile, those are always the girls who are in my bed, on their back after the first date, assuming a date is even required.

There's a lot of cordial dishonesty inherent in any courtship. Let's be honest, when you approach a woman the core reason is you think she's pretty and you want to fuck, you know it, she knows it, everyone knows it, but we can't just come out and acknowledge that.

The Thai and Flips call it "face." The Japanese call it "tatamae." In the west we have all sorts of names for it. The point is, if a girl is on interpals looking to meet westerners, or especially if she's on a dating site, her desire to fuck is implicit. She's going to present herself as wanting more (and maybe she does) as she has her reputation to consider.

So no, if you see a SEAsian girl you like, don't just ask her to fuck. Initiate conversation, segway into proposing meeting up upon your arrival, have her show you around, get some food, and then find an excuse to get her back to your room.

That applies to online game, you can cold open on Thai women (if you speak Thai) and especially pinay girls very easily, you just have to be confident, respectful, and a little charm doesn't hurt either. Asian girls are a lot more receptive to male interest than they are in the west, third wave feminism isn't really a thing in these cultures, so courtship is still pretty simple.
>>
>>1064332
This basically backs up what I said here >>1063899. Everything thing you just described is the minimum of just going on a date, approaching, initial courting of a Western girl with sex usually coming later. While with Asians this base effort has them on their back.
>>
>>1063497
You need to learn how to read boy. I said they were not that good for their constant training, did not call them "literally shit". I am glad however that you got butt hurt over this, it pleases me a bit. 95% of all martial artists I have ever seen, or fought against end up lowering my expectations. You sir were the first to throw insult towards my Martial background and take things to the extreme. I have no time for fags like you other than this:

Yes I am big and even out of competition shape. I would love to see your skills nigga. Are you in Thailand and how do you feel about meeting for a round or two yourself? Name the gym or venue.
>>
>>1063348
That's definitely a cock.
>>
>>1064451
>Yes I am big
Post pics. I bet you're morbidly obese.
>>
>>1064451
>Flexing nuts to someone on an anonymous message board
Keep going. I want to see how deep the rabbit hole of autism goes.
>>
>>1062986

Jesus, you sound fucking insufferable.

Anyway: I'm in Kolkata now. This is my fifth time in India in two years so I opted to book a ticket to Bangkok leaving tomorrow and coming back the 7th of January. Taking away travel time, I'll have five and a half days.

What do I do? The ticket was only $190 round-trip, so I figure I could get a taste of a new place in a few days.
>>
>>1064488

I take that back: half the people in this thread sound fucking insufferable:

>muh baggin nd pipelinin nd PUA terminology
>step up ur online game bruh
>muh BWC

You are a fucking autismo sperglord if you have to ask how to get laid online.
>>
>>1064491
I think all that green text is the same dude
>>
>>1063348
Try and get full visual confirmation of the alleged penis and post it so I can give you a second opinion.
>>
>>1064488
>>1064491
>Insecure mangina hating on men doing their own thing, happy with their lives
Sounds about right.

>India
Why would you go there once, let alone five times? I'm genuinely curious as to what the appeal is. I love my cultural and natural beauty stuff too, but I find Indians to be so fucking disgusting, just a very low breed of human.

What keeps you coming back?
>>
File: 1431588790259.png (231 KB, 304x366) Image search: [Google]
1431588790259.png
231 KB, 304x366
Is $1000 enough for 2 weeks in thailand?
>>
>>1064596
What would you like to do while you're there? Where in Thailand do you plan on going?
>>
File: IMG_20140405_235140.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140405_235140.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>1064596

its offical ... going back to Thailand in APRIL

anybody else going then ... it will be my 5th trip
>would like to Monger with some other losers like me

>1000 bucks for 2 weeks isnt enough BTW
>>
>>1064612
If you are not mongering it is
>>
>>1064610

Chiang mai

Dont know yet. Just want to explore the city and fuck girls. Trying to fuck non prostitutes if i can
>>
File: 571288897.jpg (6 KB, 199x253) Image search: [Google]
571288897.jpg
6 KB, 199x253
>>1064481
>>1064487
>>
>>1064591

Just got to Bangkok, this place is fucking meme-tier. Literally just old white guys with Thai women and stoned Aussies
>>
>>1064732
BKK is so big, and Thailand bigger, you are just in the wrong places. That's like going to Chinatown in NYC and saying the USA is all Asians.
>>
File: 14200_Leuchtmittel.jpg (25 KB, 380x231) Image search: [Google]
14200_Leuchtmittel.jpg
25 KB, 380x231
Just back from 2 weeks at khao lak.

I have one big questions, during the morning hours, between the road from khao lak to phuket i saw many "road blocks". They consisted of some vlc icons, narrowing the street from 2to 1 lane, sometimes some speedbumps and a shit ton of fluorescent lamps. Most of the time there was a few chairs next to it and some dudes sitting there.

What are they for?

Those roadblocks are removed when the sun comes up.
>>
>>1064754
>vlc icons
kek

Probably intended to choke traffic so that they're forced to slow down and not hoon past the nearby whatever as fast as they can.
>>
>>1064616

ya thats true
>>
>>1061748
I'll share some info on where I've been m8

>Ao nang, Krabi

Really chilled out place, lots of great restaurants, typical bootleg shopping but still a lot of good stuff. Cheap hotels that are actually pretty decent, however make sure to look around a bit so you're not paying $100/night when you could be paying $20. Great beaches etc etc.

>Tonsai

You get a boat there from Ao Nang, this takes about 30 mins to an hour and costs about $5 - $10. This place has about 100 people in total, very quiet and pretty much all jungle. No police so all bars openly sell weed if you're into that. Very cheap accomodation if you don't mind staying in shitty conditions, otherwise there's a nice hotel called Dream Valley or something that will cost you about $50/night. Oh and this place only has electricity from 6pm till 5am.

>Phi Phi

Great beaches and good partying. More touristy though so hotels cost quite a bit per night ($50 - $100) restaurants are pretty decent but expensive. Overall this place is more of a tourist trap than anything but it's very beautiful.

>Phuket

Typical Thai experience, partying everywhere, crowded streets, pollution, prostitutes. Great beaches though. Definitely a great place to party but apart from that everything is expensive.

Hope that helped.
>>
>>1062643
>If I go to Thailand for 2 weeks, how much cash should I bring? I'm not an avid spender, I just want to live there for 2 weeks and do fuck all.

I'm like you in that sense. bring about $1000 (AU) or $1200 to be safe.
>>
>>1061748
r u a pedo or a ladyboy lover?

u sound like both, and poor
>>
File: FB_IMG_1451699778616.jpg (56 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1451699778616.jpg
56 KB, 720x960
>>
I have about $2000 saved up, planning on going in a few months. I live in America, would it be a bad idea to go during spring break? I feel like Thailand gets full of drunk Australian college kids during spring break.
>>
>>1064765
First i thought the same, but those crazy mofos just ran over the speed bumps with 50 km\h +. Guess you are right though
>>
>>1064931
If you are going in April just coincide your trip with Songkran.

>>1064932
Probably security checkpoints. I'very seem them used elsewhere, only during night
>>
>>1064596
Don't listen to this idiot >>1064612

As long as you don't plan to fuck a different hooker daily, it can easily last you.
>>
>>1064879
You can easily find ac rooms on Phi Phi for $15usd. They won't be anything special but their clean (I've stayed at 3 different ones at that price between 2 trips).
>>
File: FB_IMG_1451731791366.jpg (81 KB, 652x861) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1451731791366.jpg
81 KB, 652x861
Thai girls on and off duty
>>
Save your prejudices, I've been on the fence about coming over to try my hand with some stunning ladyboys. I want to do it in a very clean, respectful and safe manner, try to distance myself from the scummy sex crazed stereotype. I'm still figuring out things, but I know beautiful thai tgirls agree with me.

Probably not a lot of advice here for me about this, but is there generally a market for safe, self-working shemales out here? Or would I have better luck in Amsterdam?
>>
>>1065058
I'm using Thaifriendly. Ladyboys message all the time. Most look like dudes so I'm polite and say no thanks but there's a few gems in there that message that make me think "if I was drunk and didn't know better" haha. Either way, check that out.
>>
>>1065142

Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out.
>>
>>1065058
>>1065142
>>1065166
As he said Thaifriendly is a godsend also there are some escort services and there are also well known and reviewed girls who are known for being professorial if you are not dumb you can succeed.
If you want freelancers who will talk to you in the streets
Take girls to your hotel(guest friendly) and they will have to give their ids to the staff as a precaution
don't leave important stuff laying around use lockbox
talk about price

these are also useful for bargirls who are usually a safer bet

Pattaya or Bangkok btw?
Any other questions?
>>
I've got about 10 days in Thailand. I'll be landing in Bangkok and staying there for part of the time. Where should I go from there? I want to see the beaches, but I don't want to spend a lot of time traveling due to my limited amount of time.
>>
Guys which is the best party island to ? Everybody seems to say something else. Considering that there is no full moon party right now and me leaving bangkok tomorrow.

It seems that starting with phuket and then going to ko phi phi seems to be the smartest choice. Opinion on this, thanks.
>>
File: 1444507165879.jpg (7 KB, 250x228) Image search: [Google]
1444507165879.jpg
7 KB, 250x228
How would you rank from best to worst?

Thaifriendly, interpals, dateinasia or pipelines?
>>
>>1065574
Dateinasia is pretty damn great, it's GOAT in Philippines but still does just fine in Thailand. Very accessible and no messaging limit or any other bullshit.

>Interpals
You'll find more "good girls" here. A close second to Dateinasia.

>Thaifriendly
Tons of shemales, and you have to pay if you want to send more than one message every 15 minutes. Not worth the hassle. I generally stick to my trifecta of DIA, Interpals, and OKC. Yes, THAT OKC.

>OKCupid
Lots of girls in SEA use this site, if you already have a profile just change your location and start hunting. If not, put together a decent profile and start hunting.
>>
>>1064947
Yeah I actually did find one on my trip. It was just some shitty room but it had a fan and everything.
>>
>>1065677
A lot of Thais and Filipinas use Badoo and MeetMe as well.
>>
>>1065677
Thaifriendly is great for making contact. Just ask for their Line ID in your first message. If they're interested they'll give it to you and your home free. Bon voyage bitches!
>>
Someone post stories, April is so far away.
>>
going to be in thailand for 4 weeks in March.

Do I need a Typhoid vaccine?
>>
Went Thailand for 3 weeks last May, main places we went were;

>Bangkok
>Koh Samui
>Koh Phang Nang
>Koh Tao
>Chiang Mai
>Pai

Samui, Tao and Pai were by far the best places, going again in March this time for a week then 2 weeks in Vietnam. This time we're going;

>Bangkok
>Phuket
>Koh Phi Phi

Any recommendations of places to visit/stay/activites? Cheers
>>
I'll be in BKK this January, 28 to 30. I'll have mostly free time. Anybody feel like going for a beer?

Frenchbro, if you're reading this, we met up the last time through /trv/ in November.
>>
>>1066790
na you are fine

no vaccines are mandatory

if you went to vietnam or cambodia youd need yellow fever shot though

(stay the fuck away from there)
>>
>>1066963
I actually might end up in cambodia for a week.

So yellow fever is a big problem there? is it an expensive shot? im in Aus atm
>>
I just spent 6 weeks in Thailand and I have to say, the girls were not at all what I was expecting. They seem much hotter in person vs. what you see in pictures (especially in the north), but outside of Bangkok it always seemed easier to get white girls into bed without paying.
>>
>>1066963
Fucking what

Yellow fever is a thing of South America and Africa, not Asia.
>>
>>1067048
White girls are easy everywhere, bro. Especially if they're on vacation.
>>
>>1067080
Some countries in Asia, and this usually depends on what country you are coming from, require yellow fever to ensure you don't bring it in, not because they have it
>>
http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/country/thailand.html
>>
>>1067048
Were they aussies?
They are slags and if you are not an Aussie.
>>
>>1067276
>>1067080
The Scandinavian chicks are easy there, too. It; like what this guy said>>1067150 At least while traveling or you're a traveler.
>>
Going to Thailand on Jan 18th with a friend for 8 days. We are massive muay thai fans and also fight in the UK. Main reasons for going is to see some fights, visit some gyms and check the country out. So far we've decided to:

spend 2 days in bangkok
spend 3 days in phucket - travel to phi phi island and to koha panyi village
spend 2 days in krabi
spend last remaining days in bangkok

How do I make this trip better? I want to get away from the drunk LADS and party people, want to see more of the country and culture not just sex and alcohol. I know phuket and the phi phi islands aren't exactly the best places to go to as they are crawling with tourists, but I did read that phuket have some amazing muay thai gyms and beautiful beaches. Where else is a must visit near phuket thats away from your average tourist?
>>
Going to thailand too.

About 7 days in country looking to split between bangkok and phuket

Should i spend 4 in bangkok or phuket. This is more of a seeing sights than a party vacation.

Seems to be more sights and day trips from bangkok so im leaning that way. Thoughts?
>>
>>1067396
Uh. Phuket has awesome beaches but it's pretty much the Mos Eisley of SEA. This isn't a bad thing, at all, but it doesn't seem to be what you're after.

I'd spend the whole week in BKK to be honest, lots of cool day trips as you say, and then the nightlife is varied and fantastic.
>>
>>1067276
All Canadian and American solo traveler girls actually. I didn't meet as many single Aussie and scandanavian girls, they always seemed to be with their boyfriends.
>>
>In Siem Reap, an hour ago
>long day of temple sightseeing, hostel sucks so totally solo
>get some dinner and a beer
>why not a handjob too
>look around for a cute massage tout
>finally find one that's too short to be a ladyboy, 5' at most and 18-19, pretty cute
>ask her for an oil massage, 1hr for $9
>lead to back private room in back
>"Ok, take all of your clothes off"
>take everything off, cock points at her
>"Now lie down"
>she says something to people outside the room, the door slides open
>THREE more girls walk in and sit around me while I'm butt naked. Two cute, one fat chick.
>"four girl massage ok sir? 15 dollar"
>wtf is this
>put my phone and wallet under the pillow so they can't steal them
>"No, I say one girl"
>"ok ok sir 11 dollar only, four girl oil"
>ok fine
>Four girls rub oil on my back
>turn over after a few minutes
>All four rub oil and graze against my cock occasionally, while chatting in Cambodian
>First girl bends over and whispers, "you want us massage you there sir?"
>she asks for 100, I negotiate down to 60, while being able to play with their tits. Still a ripoff, but whatever.

>Immediately the fat chick grabs it and starts jerking me off, the others just keep randomly rubbing me
>Fat chick is too good, so I pick up the next girl's hand and put it on there
>goes around in a circle like that, finally come with the last girl
>they all clean me up and I have an awkward walk past the people getting foot massages
>>
>>1067542
Which hostel are you in?
>>
>>1067542

I may want to get laid there in Thailand when I visit, but I want to do it secretly, not out in the open where everyone can see me go in/browse the shop. Are there any inconspicous massage parlours there?
>>
>>1067586
Try Cherry Massage in Bangkok. It has reviews on Rockitreports http://cherrymassagebkk.com/

Truth is Thais and other Asians whoremonger way more and in a way more depraved manner than the Westerners. The reason western whore mongers are treated with such disdain is not the fucking of hookers, but how out in they open they are about it, and how they have no shame of being seen witth hookers. But you'd be surprised at what goes on in some of those Thai only karaoke bars.
>>
>>1067597
http://rockitreports.com/review-cherry-massage-bangkok-thailand/

http://rockitreports.com/review-yaya-ploy-bangkok-thailand/

http://rockitreports.com/review-bell-lisa-bangkok-thailand/

http://rockitreports.com/review-ice-and-may-bangkok-thailand/
>>
Does anyone have any recommendation for accommodation around the Full Moon Party? I guess I want accessible without being right in the middle so my shit gets smash and grabbed, and ideally would like beach access. May if that makes any difference.
>>
>>1067586
Massage places are everywhere in the country and are pretty discrete, but you can usually only get HJ/BJs there. It's pretty easy to tell the happy ending places vs. the regular ones by the look of the girls out front.

Decent soapy massage places are only in Bkk/Pattaya/Phuket but sex is part of them. I never had a really great experience in one, though - the girls aren't that attractive, and the few that are better looking than the rest get dicks constantly. So the experience isn't great and they can be really sore by the time you see them. The viewing areas with the fishbowl have other people in them when you walk in, though, so it's not totally private.

I've heard there are some gogo bars that have short time hotels upstairs, so at least you wouldn't be seen walking around with the girl outside.
>>
Avoid Bangkok if you can. However, cheap food, lodging and pros. (all genders).
Went to Chiang Mai in July. Had great time - last there 20yrs back. City has grown! Went north, beautiful. Was doing advanced energy and sex training(I'm queer, but training was for straights). Had a great time. Will return in July.
Peace
>>
>>1067673

Yeah, just checked some thai birds out on that rocketit reports, not interested in any of them. Which is weird as my friend recently went to bkk and pataya with his wife and said there were loads of good looking thai birds in massage parlours.

Also, and this may be a wierd question, but would you suggest I get laid in Thailand as a virgin? I am a 26 yr old kissless virgin who is approx 240lb, 6'2, and a bit fat/muscular build. Want to finally lose my v card, will it be simple in thailand? This is one of the reasons I want to do is discretley.
>>
>>1067695
Not the anon, you're responding to, but.... You're overthinking this, m8. If you want to lose the V card, Bangkok's as easy as falling off a turnip cart. (1) Go to a massage parlor (any taxi driver will be thrilled to take you as he gets a cut); (2) Pick a girl, pay the cashier; (3) Get massage/poke girl in upstairs room; (4) Profit. No muss, no fuss, simple and discrete -- it's the easiest place for this in the world.

>not interested in any of them

You're poking them, not dating them. But better lookers are of course available, at better parlors, and at higher prices.
>>
File: dem fares.jpg (101 KB, 1030x872) Image search: [Google]
dem fares.jpg
101 KB, 1030x872
Heads up yuropeans or anyone passing through - Norwegian has some ridiculously cheap flights to Bangkok from Oslo in April-May (one way or return). Prices in ÂŁs.
>>
>>1067888
fuck me why do i have to live in the wretched states so fucking expensive to fly anywhere past Colombia
>>
Depends on what you want. When will you travel?
We, I 24 and my gf 22, german, went in May last year. Its was off season and "rain" season. Had awesome weather and about 2 rain showers which lasted about one hour. Though was a bit humid sometimes. Tripped from Bangkok over the southern islands, up to Chiang Mai and back to Bangkok.
Since it was offseason the prices were really cheap. Cost us about 1500€ for the whole trip. And we even stayed at 5* hotels at some points. Me and Gf were there for a month.
First 2 days of bangkok were a bit of a cultural shock at first, everything was so stressfull and rapid, the tuk tuk drivers were annoying but i guess thats because there were less tourists there and they have to get every client they can get. Either way was happy when we got out of there after two days of checking temples and stuff. After that we went to Ko Phangan and stayed in a lovley little Bungalow hotel run by a nice family (https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g303907-d6771444-Reviews-Haad_Gruad_Beach_Bungalows-Ko_Phangan_Surat_Thani_Province.html#REVIEWS) We did a trip around the island by motorcycle and went to a mile long, empty, white sand beach in a bay on the east side of the island. And the owner of our hotel even went to the Half moon party with us. Go to that or the full moon party if you are there. absolutelty worth it. After that we we traveled to Koh Samui were we went snorkling and had awesome days at the beach. Then we went over to the mainland, across it by bus and over to Koh Phi Phi where we stayed in the Viking hotel. Awesome bungalows in the woods next to the beach. And the private beach is just epic. We also did the overnight stay on the boat in maya bay, which i too also recommend very much. You get to be the only ones to stay in the bay or on the island with 15 other guys and pass the time with drinking, eating and playing games. in the night you go snorkle with plankton (you also go snorkling while you ship to maya bay).
>>
Really one of the best things of the whole trip. After that we went to Koh lanta. We stayed in one of the said 5 star hotels. The hotel was cool and we got an upgrade but The island itself wasnt that special. but we didnt do that much to be honest. It was a bit of a short decission since we had some time left. Hotel staff told us that is really bad for the island in off season because really few tourists go there. After our stay there we got a transfer to the airport via van and went up to Chiang mai. Awesome temples and the night market (we accidently met some brits from out overnight stay in Maya bay there too) is are an absolute must. Got a Thai massage, which may hurt a little but in the end it feels great (no,I didnt request a happy end). After our time in Chiang Mai we went to the Elephant Nature Park were mistreated, tortured elephants were taken care of (Im no vegan fag, but animal cruelty is not my thing. Thats why i didnt want to go to the tiger park on riding an elephant either). We stayed overnight, which i also recommend. You sleep right next to the animals in big bungalows. You get to bathe the elephants and feed them. We even had the luck that it started raining and the elephants started playing in the mud while we were out in the field with them. After That we went back to Bangkok with an overnight bus. Take it. Its cheaper that a flight and the buses look like airplanes inside. Even comfier. You have big seats that lean back and a tv in every seat. Back in Bangkok it was much nicer than the first time. Another 5*Hotel (prices were really cheap because offseason), another upgrad to a suite and a roof pool. We visited the markets, the malls and the cinema before the royal snake farm and a rooftop bar. After that great ending it was time to head back home. Awesome time. You really should visit more than just bangkok if you ever get there.
>>
>>1067542
Casually reading this thread but what ? 60USD for a handjob ? I could get cheaper in fucking switzerland.
>>
Lokking to get a bumpkin. where go?
>>
>>1067948
The point is he got overcharged for shit service. For the price he paid he could've had two go-gos long time.

>>1068031
Do you mean bLumpkin?
>>
>>1067165
>require yellow fever to ensure you don't bring it in, not because they have it
I brought yellow fever to pataya, if you know whatI mean
>>
can anyone post any haggling tips?
>>
>>1062403
i dont get this
is that what prostitutes in thailand ask?
>>
I went to Thailand expecting throngs of drunk, horny Aussies. What I got a bunch of sad looking Japanese men.
>>
Is it safe to go solo as a female? I would probably stay at a mid tier hotel just to be safe but I'd want to party some drug and alcohol free. Is that even doable or is everything about sex and drugs?
>>
>>1068921

not a good idea, ive heard some really bad stories

can't you get a girl friend to join u?
>>
>>1068934
None of my friends are really into travel so I'd really have to shop around. I guess I can look around online for people's experiences too. Sometimes girls get into bad situations cause they're too trusting or not careful enough. Maybe I'd be okay if I was really careful.
>>
>>1068921
You'll be fine. The biggest annoyances won't be from Thais but from drunk Western tourists.
>>
>>1068940
>>>1068934
>Sometimes girls get into bad situations cause they're too trusting or not careful enough.
>Maybe I'd be okay if I was really careful.

I saw quite a few single grills in Thailand when I went. They were brave, though... I am nervous enough as a man! There are quite a few YouTubers who have done it. Google around, read experiences, and perhaps grab an updated copy of the Thailand (or Bangkok) Lonely Planet guide. They usually have lots of great tips for female travelers.

Also, you can usually make friends with other girls at the hostel/guesthouse you are staying at. I saw lots of them team up for excursions across the city... Traveling is usually funner/safer in a small group anyways.
>>
>>1068940
relevant? https://youtu.be/-lg_9zuhnT4
>>
>>1068943
My dilemma is that if I plan to stay in a mid tier hotel, there might be couples or families there and I might not be able to make friends, even though it's safer. Hostels seem pretty dangerous with that much partying going on.

>>1068947
This was helpful though.
>>
>>1068947
That's one informative Britbong. How do you get to all these islands from BKK?
>>
>>1067888
damn, I thought my RT trip from JFK for $800 was nice... Cheaper than my Winter break tickets last year though.
>>
Anyone has any advice on semi long term renting. As in for a month or two. How shady is it to sort it over the internet? Should I just book a hotel for a few days and then look around once I arrive? Or would it be better to stay at a hotel for that amount of time? I'd be willing to spend up to about 500 dollars per month.
>>
going to thailand in one week! phuket and koh samui! me and my gf! already paid the flights to and from thai! do you think 1500€ per person for 20 days are ok?? we do not drink too much alcohol and we are ok with normal hotels!
>>
>>1069145
Don't waste your time with Samui. Go to Koh Phi Phi, Krabi, or Koh Lanta instead. Much closer to phuket and are much nicer than Samui imo.
>>
>>1069131
DDproperty is a good way, expect to pay a premium as short term rentals usually charge more. Most local rentals are word of mouth or signs (written in Thai) around a neighborhood. Where are you looking to rent?

>>1069386
Phuket is full of scams as well, read up and listen to this Anon, I would say Phi Phi is not worth more than a day though.
>>
>>1069386
I think Koh Samui is much better than Phuket. I'd eliminate Phuket before Koh Samui
>>
I want to go but I don't know which area to pick. I want something that's relaxing and safe and has great beaches but also has really cool parties at night.
>>
>>1063104
Which parts of Thailand should one go for Songkran?
>>
>>1069493
Chiang Mai
or Phayao if you wanna be one of 5 foreigners.
Had some Swedish friends join me for Songkran in Phayao and since they were all 6ft+ they were a hit with the locals.
1km of lakeside street to play, far less crazy than CM, but tons of fun.
Go to CM if you want utter chaos. Getting wet till 9pm at night.
>>
Is it me or 50% of people travelling to Thailand do it for sex/party?

>that guy that needa to fly to another continent for pussy
pathetic
>>
>>1069506
Ehh, maybe more if partying is counted. It's easy to avoid, but every thread about Thailand always ends up about whores and party spots despite there being dedicated forums to both of these.
You will see a few people advocating to get out to places like Nan, Issan, etc though.
>>
>>1069496
In CM are what kind of tourist are to be expected? I love phuket but the aussies who travel all the way there to drink imported VB (aus beer) at Kangaroo Bar, eat western food and snub thai pro's and street food give me the irks.

Im aus in case your wondering :^)

>>1069506
A big reason why a lot of guys travel to Thailand for sex/party is because they cant get such debauchery in their home country.
>>
>>1069506
what's wrong with that, fag
implying some vapid western self-absorbed cunt even deserves attention
>>
>>1069506
Partying for sure, but not sex. That's what you see here, but that's not what you'll see when you actually go to Thailand. The sex tourists stand out pretty dramatically and they're a tiny portion of the whole.

Partying on the other hand, yeah lots go for that. But if you're not into it you can just avoid the big party islands and the party hostels. You won't be missing anything.
>>
>>1069520
Indeed sex tourists are few in number but the sex industry accounts for 10% of Thailands GDP at $6.4 billion
>>
>>1069522
Yes but the misconception in the West is that Westerners account for the bulk of that when it's actually Chinese, Japanese, and Thais themselves.
>>
>>1062629
Yeah, but usually she's going to be an ex-bargirl or interested in getting a long-distance "boyfriend" that sends her money. Bangkok is a different story though- you can get laid easily there just via tinder without paying.

I was surprised to see it, but other places in Asia are much better and easier for hookups.
>>
>>1062629
Yeah, but usually she's going to be an ex-bargirl or interested in getting a long-distance "boyfriend" that sends her money. Bangkok is a different story though- you can get laid easily there just via tinder without paying.

I was surprised to see it, but other places in Asia are much better and easier for hookups. Too many available white guys in Thailand trying to do the same thing, and too much of a "good girl"/"bad girl" culture.
>>
>>1061748
fuck a cute ladyboy while your there.
>>
NECKBEARDS UNITE!
ANON MEETUP or TRAVEL PARTNER:

Any anons going to Thailand in FEBRUARY 2016? We should meet up for a beer. Email me: shell.account [at] hotmail dot com. I'll be there almost all of February. Considering going into Cambodia, too.
>>
>>1069520
>The sex tourists stand out pretty dramatically

How so?
>>
>>1069553
That's like that guy, on the island, with the Kiwis.
Just guys, and sheep. So many sheep.
So the new guy, right, he says to the guys,
Shit, guys, I don't know how you handle it. No chix? I haven't got my rocks off in months.
And they say, mate, maaaaaaate, dun worry about it. When you get to horny, you just fuck a sheep.
The guys like na, man, that's a trap, aye, you're pulling my leg.
An they're like nahhhhhhh bro, legit. Fuck a sheep, no-one cares.
Anyway, enough time passes and New Guy finally has had enough.
So he walks over to the mob, grabs a ewe, and drags her behind the bushes for some sweet love makin'.
And the other guys, right, they're laughing at him.
And he's like whhhhhhat, you said it was cool! I knew you were yankin it!
And they're like naaaaaaaaaah mate, we all fuck sheep

Just not the ugly ones
>>
>>1069656
>50 year old white guys
who are actually 40
>beer gut
>trashiest thirty something Thai chick on his arm

foul beasts
>>
>>1069656
Awkward/ugly looking ugly white guys wandering around alone, usually 50+. Other white guys in Thailand are young or with their wives/families.

I do feel sorry for the old guys that fit the sex tourist profile but are really just there for regular tourism. The sex tourism hotspots might not be the best place for 40+ y/o solo travelers IMO.
>>
I was trying this up when that Pro thread got deleted before I hit send, so a little advice for that OP if he sees this:

It's not hard if you get in with a local, these young girls can often be found in the back of restaurants or karaoke bars that farangs aren't generally allowed.

That said don't do it or seek it out for 2 reasons, one practical and one moral.

1. Practical reason is that of you actively seek it out you might be setting yourself up for jail time or a significant bribe, the same way they do when you ask locals or taxi drivers for drugs.

2. Most of the underage girls aren't doing it voluntarily (aside from the argumentof what age someone can give consent) the underage women in these places (and often the of age women in these Thai only joints) are trafficked from Laos, Myanmar, Cambodia, and Malaysia. Mostly Laos and Myanmar, though.

Age of consent laws in Thailand are odd as they differ for locals and non locals. I know it is 18 if you are not a Thai citizen, I think it's 16 if you are, maybe 14, didn't bother to remember as it doesn't apply to me.
>>
Some people seemed to have a mild interest in that forsaken thread started this morning so if anyone has any questions about Lbs I will Likely have the answer.
>>
>>1069742
I was going to ask what LBs is, but just figured out it's lady boys
>>
>>1069516
I lived in Chiang mai for years and have only been out for 2 years, but Damn has it become heavy Chinese and lost a lot of its charm from the influx of Bangkok Thais. There is a big backpacker scene but also a young expat scene. Unless you are going to Zoes or backpacker bars, dress up when you go out. CM also has a larger "hippy" group.
>>
File: _Photo_CityGallery_169775659.jpg (420 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
_Photo_CityGallery_169775659.jpg
420 KB, 1200x800
me and a friend just booked a room in the space zone (aparrently around 50th - 60th floor) in the baiyoke sky hotel.

didnt really do much research, but i always wanted to stay in a hotel room with a nice view, so i figured it cant be too bad. especially when i pay 40euros/night for it.

can anyone tell me anything about it? especially if the location is good? im mainly in bangkok for the nightlife.
>>
Heading to Thailand for four weeks, 3/3 - 3/28.

Doing BK, a quick trip to Siem Reap for a couple of days, Chang Mai, then to the south for the final ~12 days.

For the Islands I think we want to do:
>Koh Pang nang
>Krabi
>Railay
>Koh Lanta
>Koh Rok
>Koh Lipe

And then back to the mainland to fly from BKK to Japan. Is this a bit ambitious for the amount of time we have? Are there better islands to check? Want a good combination of history, partying, and relaxing times on non-crowded islands
>>
Going to Thailand in March. The girl I'm seeing suggested we rent a car for 15000 baht.
Is this even worth doing?

Also she has a place in Khon Kaen, whats the most worthwhile things to do round here?

Has anyone been full moon party?

Any help would be appreciated!
>>
Anyone know of any muay thai gyms that are worth a stay at? I have a good chunk of money, so it isn't a problem. Been wondering about this for some time, any and all help is appreciated.
>>
File: 1433360055014.jpg (9 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1433360055014.jpg
9 KB, 300x300
Going to chiang mai in a week. How easy is it to fuck girls over there? Whats the most ill be spending to fuck a hooker if i have to?

Are there thai milfs?

>inb4 get a dating app

I checked out thaifriendly and dateinasia and wasnt too impressed. Most of the girls seem sad and desperate.
>>
>>1069935
In CM you'll probably need to get a hooker if you want to fuck a local. Top end (desu the only girls I was really into) went for 3000 baht for short time (about $90) at Foxy Lady gogo. Stay on Loi Kroh and you can get HJs from the massage girls for 1000 baht.
>>
>>1062801
Keep in mind that the locals are only really easy in Bangkok and many of those are hookers. I had the same experience and met up with one girl, she wasn't a hooker but was just really really weird and crazy, I had to bail.
>>
>>1069920
What do you look for in a gym?
>>
>>1064754
Military checkpoints. I couldn't get an answer from locals as to what they were looking for, but they're all around the country. North of Khao Lak our van was stopped and they looked around inside.

Wtf were you doing for two full weeks in khao Lak?
>>
Is it arrogant to be disappointed with the way tourism in SE Asia is going now? i.e., I think it's a shame how easy and cheap it is to get over there, because it's filled with Brits and Aussies with no respect for the culture, who just see it as some laid-back place to party. Don't get me wrong, I like to get drunk when I'm abroad too, but that's not the main reason I'd go to a place. I also get annoyed when people like that come home and pretend they a real traveller had a really deep/spiritual experience in Eastern culture, when in reality they spent 99% of the time getting drunk at the hostel with other first-worlders or visiting tourist traps that are inacessible to actual locals.

t. real real traveller
>>
>>1070031
>really really weird and crazy

So she was Thai?
>>
>>1064612
can i join you? i am thinking to go about hte same time
>>
>>1070052
Honestly while it's annoying, it's even worse to call yourself "real real traveler". Live and let live.
>>
>>1070052
yeah, it means you're a faggot snob who thinks he can tell other people how to have fun. If you don't like spending your whole holiday fuck arseing around drinking beers on a beach, don't do it. Doesn't give you the right to demean people for doing what they want.

I have seen alot of different parts of the world, not all one way or the other. In a few weeks I'm going to phuket for a fortnight, to party and relax with my friends. If I was really interested in getting to know thailand I'd do it much differently, but that's not what this trip is for.

t. a real human bean not a travel snob cocksucker
>>
>>1070071
That bit was a joke 2bh.

>>1070074
Never understood why you shouldn't judge other people really, it's perfectly natural and sensible to judge others. "Hurr durr if you don't like raping women then don't do it. You can't tell me how to have fun".

Now I'm not saying there's anything morally wrong with what you're doing, and if you're a decent person then it will probably be a bit of harmless fun. For other groups of tourists, I think it's a bit of a shame, because they treat the place like shit and make fun of the host culture. I'm sad that countries like Thailand are so cucked by their reliance on tourism money that they allow groups of twentysomething Anglos to disrespect them like that.
>>
japan encephalitis yes/no?

planning to go to SEA 3 weeks in february.
bangkok - south thailand - siem reap - pakse
>>
>>1070087
im talking about the vaccine obviously.
>>
>>1070077
Maybe for the tauts and such specifically that make their money from tourists, but try disrespecting the culture or someone personally, to their face, and see how that goes for you. And it's not going to be a one on one fight. And the police will side with the local.
>>
Im going to chang mai in march solo. ANy cool things to do?
>>
>>1070093
Sammy's Organic Thai Cooking School

Meet a bunch of people, visit market, go to farm, cook stuff, chill out for a while. Also has best toilet in Chang Mai
>>
>>1070090
This. Make a Thai lose face, see what happens.
>>
>>1070047
Gym guy here. So long as it has some accommodations and trainers, I'll go with whatever works. Air conditioners and the like aren't necessary, because my native country tends to be hot.
>>
>>1070342
I can personally recommend Banchamek in BKK and Tiger Muay Thai in Phuket.

Banchamek is some fucking legit training, is all I can really say. Not hostile to farang, but not accommodating either. You get out of it what you put into it.

Tiger is pretty much designed to cater to farang. You'll see all types here, but they'll take your training as seriously as you do. At the end of each month they throw a BBQ/party/open fight night.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-16-22-53-10.png (258 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-16-22-53-10.png
258 KB, 1080x1920
>>1061800

No.
>>
>>1070088
Lived there 6+ years and never got it nor took anti malarials
>>
>>1070469
What program is it?
>>
>>1070499

I used momondo and this screenshot is from an external site, probably a few pounds less to book directly through the airline.

I personally prefer skyscanner, google matrix is pretty good too.
>>
Are tech prices in Thailand lower than in the US?

I'm leaving tomorrow and my camera shat the bed. I'm looking to buy a Sony a6000, while stopping in Bangkok.
>>
>>1070506

No, more expensive.

Go buy a camera and get the USA duty back tomorrow.
>>
>>1070511
By a lot? I really don't have time to buy. I'd be willing to pay a 50 sollar premium.
>>
>>1070518
Yes, by a lot. Anything luxury costs more there unless it's a Chinese knock off. Its getting better. 5 years or so you would be paying 2x for the same laptop or camera in Thailand compared to the US
>>
>>1070511

Does this include phone repairs?

Screen is cracked and was thinking of getting it repaired here
>>
Is the Phuket old town as fucking crazy as the Patong area?

Me and my gf are staying htere for a couple of nights. We wanted somehting cultural/natural. Trekking, exploring and shit. We hated magaluf and mallorca as it was filled with drunk chavs.

Are we safe?
>>
>>1070657
Also, are hostels good for couples? We stayed In a few in cambodia
>>
>>1070467
Thanks mate. Found the Tiger website with a quick google search, it really does look like it's made to serve westerners.
The Banchamek gym seems a lot more difficult to contact as a fellow from outside the country, tin comparison—how did you go about doing it?
>>
>>1070657
Why are you going to Phuket then? GTFO Phuket and take a bus or ferry somewhere. It's quick to get somewhere that might actually be interesting to you. Maybe an island, or Khao Sok is a couple hour bus ride north for trekking/exploring.
>>
>>1070695

Because obviously we have no idea what we are doing.

Would you care to recommend a couple of places?
>>
>>1070681
>Banchamek
Was very good "friends" with a girl who trained there. Really good gym, they'll take care of you, arrange fights, etc.

>TMT caters to westerners
And how. Not that this is a bad thing. They'll provide the McDojo experience if that's what someone is looking for but by the same token they're staffed with proven fighters who will help you succeed if fighting is what interests you.
>>
>>1070647
No, that's cheap.
>>1070697
Koh kood, koh lanta, Lupe, Krai are all better. Also, Puget town is the antithesis of Patong.
>>1070678
Sure, if they offer privates
>>
>>1070750
Phuket, and krabi, sorry, been drinking all night.
>>
>>1070775
Thanks mate. Easy on the drinks. The goal is to get numb as long as you c an, not as hard. Alcoholism is a marathon
>>
>>1070657
Welp, apparently we are staying to two days in that shithole. Then it's phi phi and the mainland.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.