[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm trying to help my friend from Morocco come to America
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 3 Zebras Turning Heads.jpg (237 KB, 956x690) Image search: [Google]
3 Zebras Turning Heads.jpg
237 KB, 956x690
I'm trying to help my friend from Morocco come to America to either study or work. He basically grew up in a slum and has no way to obtain money; he'd have to get a job in the States to pay for school here. I can lend him enough for a plane ticket.
What's the easiest way to get into America from a non-Western country? Do any of you have experience with this?
He's got a Moroccan degree in electrical engineering.
>>
>>1072281
He'll need to get a visa to either work or study in the U.S., he'll have to fill out a form and pay a fee, it's not too expensive but it's not a guarantee that his application will be accepted.

Here's a link with more info and on obtaining a student visa

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/study-exchange/student.html
>>
>>1072328
Thanks for the link. I guess I knew the basics, but I also know it gets complicated real fast. For instance I assume as part of the visa application he'll have to prove he has enough money to live/pay tuition, when that's impossible unless he can enter America and start working.
Also he's a devout Muslim and I won't lie, he looks like Osama bin Laden. Gotta wonder if that's gonna be an obstacle.
>>
>>1072332
lol, yeah with the current political climate it will probably be harder to get a visa if you're from an Arab country. But the fact that he already has a degree will help.

Alternatively, he could attempt to get a greencard instead of a visa, it will give him permanent residence in the U.S., but is a bit more difficult to acquire. It would be best to do this by finding an employer willing to hire him here, then having them petition for a greencard for him. Again, his engineering degree will come in very handy in that regard.

More info about greencards
http://www.uscis.gov/greencard
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.