[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone spent 5+months driving and tent camping in the USA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: coarsegold-koa.jpg (26 KB, 400x258) Image search: [Google]
coarsegold-koa.jpg
26 KB, 400x258
Has anyone spent 5+months driving and tent camping in the USA at KOAs (or whatever)?

It seems all I do is work minimum wage canadian jobs, and then read at home until my next shift. It seems like I could spend $30/day for my campsite, and just drive from site to site as I feel/the weather changes for an entire year for about 10000 + peanutbutter and water. and read and just not work for a year.
>>
>>1069820
KOAs are expensive as fuck. Stay in them only once in a while. Otherwise just stay in national and state parks which usually charge $10-15 per night in camp sites. You can also camp anywhere on BLM land for free, just won't have amenities.

That way you won't have to just eat peanut butter all year long. Get yourself a stove and cook as you go along. Yeah it's probably doable on $10k a year depending how much you spend on gas and what else you do.

You could also go into the woods for a longer period and just fuck around there if you're into that. Just don't get killed or starve like that retard in Alaska...
>>
>>1069820
Unless you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, Canadians are only allowed into the country for 3 months at a time.
>>
>>1069861
Yes I hoped there would be cheaper places, as I wouldn't need electricity/wifi/pool much of the time, just some land.

I don't have the skill to really camp and don't enjoy long hikes and don't love 'roughing it' to the point that alaska kid did.

>>1069865
i heard it was 6 months but i guess i'll look into it. I'm not really sure what would happen if I just stayed anyway tho, how could I possibly be stopped?
>>
>>1069970
>I'm not really sure what would happen if I just stayed anyway tho, how could I possibly be stopped?
When you leave the country and show your passport, U.S. officials will know you overstayed from your previous stamp and most likely ban you from entering the country ever again.
>>
>>1069975
everytime i enter canada again I only see canadian border guards, I guess they could be the ones to tell the americans?
>>
>>1069975
just, really I mean, if it is a 3 month limit, I'll plan it so I head back at that time.
>>
Protip: Dispersed camping (camping outside serviced campgrounds) is free on US National Forest and Bureau of Land Management unless otherwise posted.

You can stay in one location for up to two weeks. Just make sure you keep a clean campsite and observe any fire bans that may be in effect.
>>
>>1070251
that sounds so good. it seems like its work for min wage in a canadian winter, or drink bourbon in some forest for free
>>
>>1069978
The limit is 6 months. You can stay for 182 days out of 365. So you can't stay for 6 months, go back to Canada and immediately come back for another 6 months.
>>
>>1069865
yep, and the US has zero illegal immigrants.

In fact the second the 3 months are up, the INS will teleport to your exact campground and throw you in a laser cage until you can be airlifted to Guantanamo Bay.

Listen to this guy, for he is fun at parties and gets laid all the time
>>
Look to join a WWOOF site or Workaway site for a few days. Free camping/boarding and food in exchange for usually menial farmhand work. I've done it before.
>>
>>1071000
cool will look into that too thanks
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.