[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Montreal the best place to go in Canada ? What are some things
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: montreal_.jpg (2 MB, 3551x2254) Image search: [Google]
montreal_.jpg
2 MB, 3551x2254
Is Montreal the best place to go in Canada ? What are some things to do there? Is it a nice place to visit if going with family?
>>
>>1066969
>Is Montreal the best place to go in Canada ?
Depends where you are coming from, and what you want. I could certainly see it being the best city in Canada to visit. Toronto might have more stuff, and Vancouver has better outdoors, but Montreal has it's own charm that I think the others lack.
>What are some things to do there?
If you're younger and like to go out at night, it's good for that. There's 3 large universities in the city, with almost 100000 students combined. Bar scene is very active. Older people tend to like it for the restaurant scene. There's Italian, Jewish and French restaurants. They copied the European model of going to restaurants for 3-4 hours and snacking on a bunch of stuff. Summer time is full of festivals. For a city of it's size, it has more smaller cultural centers than big ones.
>Is it a nice place to visit if going with family?
Yes, the city has a good division between the parts that are family friendly and the parts with more vice.

Depending on your interest and ability in French, you might want to visit Quebec city more.

It's not your fault, but you could have worded your questions better. This thread will be full of shitposting about what Canadian city is the least worst to visit now.
>>
>Going anywhere in Canada
>Ever

Why?
>>
>>1067111
Because I heard it was beautiful there and very fun
>>
>>1066969
>Is Montreal the best place to go in Canada
lel, that is debatable. As the other anon it said it depends what you want. Frankly I think it's not, but for sure it's worth spending some time there. If you want to go, go.

Apart from a few old buildings, I find most of the city rather ugly, tbqh, and a rather dated in terms of architecutre/design.

In terms of family friendliness, I guess it's OK sure. The metro isn't wheelchair/stroller friendly at all, so if your kids are past the age and can walk, no problem. Most restaurants are happy to accommodate kids.
>>
Downtown is English friendly. Outside of that it's a all retarded frenchies who didn't finish high school. The other anon said to go to Quebec city. It's nice place if you can speak french but if you don't they don't give a shit and will treat you like shit. Many people I know hated it.

But the girls are hot in Montreal, especially the frenchies. They do all sorts of nasty shit in bed.
>>
>>1068573
This. Also their strip clubs are other worldly.
>>
>>1066969
Going to post my question in this thread since it's semi related.

I'm a NYC anon who knows a femanon in Montreal, and I'd like to visit her, but I currently don't have a passport, and google is giving me sketchy answers on whether a Birth Certificate + Driver's License will allow me to travel across the border and back with minimal issues.

Can someone clear this up for me? Thanks.
>>
>>1068591
Just get a damn passport you lazy ass. It doesn't even take that long.
>>
>>1068573
>Outside of that it's a all retarded frenchies who didn't finish high school.

What?

>But the girls are hot in Montreal, especially the frenchies. They do all sorts of nasty shit in bed.

No, they're not and No, they don't.
>>
>>1068591
We could do that pre-9/11 but not so anymore (at least from the Canadian side, US I'm not sure).

>>1068573
>retarded frenchies who didn't finish high school
>can't even write a couple sentences without contradicting himself
lol
>>
Torontofag living in Ottawa who's been to Montreal a few times here

Montreal is the most yuro of the big Canadian cities (maybe QC is more so, but I've no idea), so if that's your thing, you'll enjoy it. downtown is always packed with a pretty live club scene, so if you're not into history, you can do that instead

cons are that if you don't speak french, you'll look like an idiot
>>
File: Murica_3.png (2 MB, 1224x792) Image search: [Google]
Murica_3.png
2 MB, 1224x792
>>1068659
>cons are that if you don't speak french, you'll look like an idiot

Unless you're an American. They can get away with anything and the women will still worship them here in MTL.
>>
Montreal is brilliant, and it's constantly developing. Churches are beautiful, the bars are great, and the prices are reasonable, especially alcohol.

Cons are that if you want to explore some parts, French is required. Sometimes people will try to speak in English to help you, sometimes they will turn their nose up to you. Also watch out for sketchy shit around Crescent st. at night, I've had people openly ask me if I wanna buy pot or molly.
>>
>>1068636
>What?
Outside of the downtown there is nothing to do and all the people are very low class and very uneducated.

>No, they're not and No, they don't.
I'am sorry if it hurts you but your mother, sister and daughter do it. Trust me frenchie girls are the most nastiest I've found. Of course you have to have some social skills and be some what attractive.
>>
>>1066969
I'd choose Quebec city over Montreal
>>
>>1068573
>They do all sorts of nasty shit in bed.
I don't know about the other stuff you said is true or not. But the woman are absolutely the most wildest and nastiest (in a good way).
They easily give rimjobs I even have a hairy ass that's sometimes hard to wipe clean and they'd still give rimjons, stick their tongue in your butt hole, anal to mouth, lick your balls even if hairy, pissing on them and licking cum off the floor. They do it all happily. Feels great man.
>>
>>1066975
Rue Sainte Catherine you have family friendly and vice.
>>
So wait, do Canadians like Americans or no?
>>
>>1069193
We generally like americans, as long as you don't act like typical american. Understand what I mean?
>>
>>1069193
The Canadian government are fucks. I once flew into Toronto for business. I am white, and I was dressed to impress. Get pulled aside, asking what my business was, which I tell them, and they got so fucking snarky. Man literally told me, "We don't need an American helping us with our banking." I was dumbfounded. These two were fucking jealous or pissed off that I was doing business in their country. It took two hours to leave.
>>
>>1067265

You heard wrong. I traveled across and visited every city and major town. Absolutely boring.
>>
>>1069193
I prefer Americans to Canadians but I'd probably get kicked out of my own country for saying it out loud.
>>
>>1069252
dude, fuck canada.
ive gone 4 times to 3 different places; toronto, montreal and st. john...
all of them except montreal were unbelievably depressing and shitty.
im kind of a self-hating american, but i have never been so relieved or proud to be american as i was when i returned from canada.
fuck that place.
>>
>>1069300
Next time try not visiting the 3 shittiest places in the country.
>>
>>1069252
Yes canadian are like that,
im american but spent highschool in ontario, grade 10 history class teacher was asking us where we are from and the second i said i was american i got "clowned" on by the entire class. all i could do was smile and laugh and vaguely defend america but at the same time they were saying shit like "americans are so stupid i saw a video where they dont even know where places are"

i was dumbfounded like OP was
>>
>>1069309
I guarantee the exact same thing would've happened pretty much anywhere else in the world.
>>
>>1069309
>complains about being clowned because of stereotypes
>Yes canadian are like that,
top laugh
>>
>>1069308
those are the only places apart from vancouver that arent barren, desolate wasteland...
cant imagine anything is better than montreal in canada.
if you have any suggestions for non-depression inducing places in canada to visit, im listening.
>>
>>1069318
If you're visiting Canada for the cities you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>1069309

I spent about 3 years in Canada and I'd hear the same shit from Canadians, however, they were never as bright as they assumed.

I met Canadians that couldn't name all 13 provinces and territories who would give me the excuse "we learn more about America than our own country."

Not to mention Toronto elected Rob Ford and re-elected him as a fucking city council member. (Kek, I'm Rob Ford and I am the common man even though my family is worth 100 million.)
>>
>>1069318
Where are you from dude?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.