[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am planning a trip with my girlfriend, about 1 or 2 months...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: tramp.jpg (355 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
tramp.jpg
355 KB, 1024x683
I am planning a trip with my girlfriend, about 1 or 2 months... We are planning to walk some 1000km together somewhere, not really having a destination or a plan.

We plan to sleep outside preferably, in citys we will go to campings or as a last resort a hostel. We will shower in the sea or w/e... We got gear (backpacks, cooking, medical, sleeping...)

I was thinking about doing a modified santiago de compostela, and ending somewhere north of bordeaux france... Or mayby start at the pyrenees and try to get somewhere in switserland following the coast..

We have a little experiance wildcamping and stuff, we dont care to live on 5 euro a day (this will be more then enough) we will hitchike whenever possible / whenever the road gets boring..

I also was thinking hiking in the sardinia island in italy... or mayby start from scilia and try to get as far north as possible..

Do you guys have any tips? We dont mind city's but we do like nature, the best would be to traverse national parks and also some citys so kind of both.. and I do want to see the sea..

I prefer places that are not dangerous, Also gear allows us to be comfy at 10 degrees, (we are going in april - may or something..) but we can get till 4 degrees together and we will be okay.. any good places / tips? we are already pretty good prepared and stuff..
>>
>pretty good prepared
You mean well prepared. And you aren't if you don't know where the fuck you'll be going.

Anyway.

I have never hiked in France so I couldn't tell you. Sardinia is a small island if you want to walk 1000 kms. From Sicily up north is a nice idea in theory but the South of Italy can be very ugly in a lot of places (Reggio Calabria wtf), and there isn't a continuous hiking trail like e.g. the Appalachian in the USA. So you'd end up walking alongside roads, and those don't have sidewalks over there.
>>
>>1070150

>5 euro a day

I don't doubt it can be done but I would get bored of that diet very quickly. Unless you're dumpster diving or good at getting dinner invites.
>>
New Zealand's South Island (where I live) is about 1000km long. There is a cycle track the length of it I think - you could walk it. I would do it in summer, not winter though. Go down the middle and you got some unbelievable scenery.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.