[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Have a 12 hour layover in Amsterdam at Schiphol Airport I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: amsterdam.jpg (46 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
amsterdam.jpg
46 KB, 604x453
>Have a 12 hour layover in Amsterdam at Schiphol Airport
I've never traveled via plane before, but I think 12 hours gives me enough time to leave the airport for a while and do some fun stuff in Amsterdam, r-right?

Can /trv/ offer some suggestions?

I thought that I could maybe fuck a hooker and see Anne Frank's house, but I'd like to do other stuff as well.
>>
Should be plenty of time to do both plus more. Train from Schiphol takes 15 minutes to the centraal station. Budget an hour waiting in line for tickets to Anne Frank if you can't reserve them online. You can fit in the Van Gogh or Rijksmuseum visit where that picture was taken.
>>
File: yeastieboys.jpg (67 KB, 528x960) Image search: [Google]
yeastieboys.jpg
67 KB, 528x960
>>1069568
Take a bus to Museumplein (which is the open field in your uploaded pic, plein means square) which is the southern most part of the inner city, where there's still stuff to do.

From there you can walk north to the National Museum, Leidsepllein, Rembrandtplein on the east). Further up north are the streets with all the shops (mainly Kalverstraat), eventually Damplein and Damrak and at the end of Damrak is the Central Station. From there, take a train back to Schiphol.

Additional info:

- get your weed in the shops, and bring your ID with you.
- to the northwest of Museumplein is Vondelpark.
- north of Rembrandtplein and east of Damrak is the Red Light District.
- west/northwest of Damplein is the Anne Frank House (behind the Palace)
- behind the palace is an Albert Heijn, the biggest Dutch supermarket chain. (Lidl is the cheapest but you won't find it I think) Get some food in the Albert Heijn for your trip. There's also an Albert Heijn to Go on Schiphol and the Central Station but they are bit more expensive and only have to go food
- around the corner of that Albert Heijn are some pubs. Next to one of those pubs is a beer shop called 'Bierkoning'. They have hundreds of craft beers (pic related, I went there 2 weeks ago)

Have fun!
>>
>>1069568

It depends where you're coming from. If it's a long haul flight (from the US or Australia) then forget it; you'll be too tired and once you sleep you won't have enough time.

Don't forget that most airports are outside the main part of the city so factor travel time to and from in to your plans, plus you'll need to plan to get back to the airport at least a couple of hours before your flight leaves, just in case you experience any delays.
>>
>>1069568
>I thought that I could maybe fuck a hooker
Don't. It's sad and a lot of them aren't there out of as much free will as suggested. The whole red light district is depressing.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.