[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Travel through the world
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 2014-BMW-R1200GS-Adventure-7.jpg (319 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
2014-BMW-R1200GS-Adventure-7.jpg
319 KB, 1280x853
I have a dream that one day i will be able to travel through the world with one bike. I want to work hard and make the money that it needs so after that leave for 1 year and see all the world. Is anyone out there that have done that before in his life? What were your experience about that? I believe there is no such a thing and an experience like this that a man can have in his life.
>>
>>1068844
Haven't done it but I ride motorcycles and have done a few trips in my country on them.

1. This mode of transport is more expensive than pretty much all except solo car travel.

2. Learn how to make repairs on your bike. You don't have to be a full fledged mechanic but you better know how to do some minor tune ups and repairs.

3. If you don't currently ride, get your license now and even if it takes you 5 years to afford a long trip you'll be an experienced rider when you go. There's more involved in riding a motorbike than driving a car.

4. Go on a shorter 1 month trip before embarking on one around the world.

5. Pick the right bike for where you're going to go. Investing $20,000 in an R1200 would be a waste of money for me.
>>
>>1068848
1. yeah i am thinking about that too but i love to ride so much, hope to have that much money to do not worry about that :)
2. i sure have to learn about this yeah..
3. i ride for like 7 years, that won't be a problem
4. never tried something like that before. the longest ride that i have done was like 500 kh but yeah you are right, i need to start from something shorter
5. which bike do you think is right one? I believe every bike above 600cc is capable for something like that.

thanks for the reply!
>>
>>1068854
Yeah I agree anything above 600cc will be good. People have done it on smaller bikes but I think 600cc+ will be comfortable enough and powerful enough to handle all roads. I'm thinking of getting an f650gs this year for a longer trip myself.
>>
>>1068857
I am more a honda fun, i would choose an tsansalp 650 to be honest. Had a kawasaki 750z for 3 years. Completely different bike style but i loved it.. had to sell it and now i am driving a honda sh 300i just to do my job but i miss so much the manual transmission
>>
This is my dream actually although I think I'd be more likely to do it in a car than on a bike. Also, not interested in the whole world but I do want to roadtrip around the US and Canada, possibly Mexico too if I learn enough Spanish and the violence dies down a bit down there.

Eventually though I plan on visiting every US state and every Canadian province in an epic two year long roadtrip.
>>
>>1068869
I have read a story of a man that after his girlfriend broke up with him and lost his job,he took his bike and went from US up to the top of Alaska. That was the first time that i thought about doing that. Here is the link with photos that he took from the trip and are amazing..

http://imgur.com/gallery/J7kZJ

It was a thread on reddit
>>
Here is and the link from reddit with the thread if anyone is interested

https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/2gejnr/got_divorced_lost_my_job_so_me_and_my_buddy_got/
>>
>>1068844
Have you watched the long way round/down where obi wan does this?
>>
>>1068893
no is there somewhere that i can find it?
>>
>>1068894
Netflix

Here is blog of finnish dude who rode around world http://whereishemuli.eu/
>>
>>1068844
My great great grandfather traveled around the world pre-WWI in a Ford model N. So whatever bike you use, it will be easier than that. Just get out there already.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.