[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chilean here. going to texas for a month. Bastrop specifically.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: mexico-us-border.jpg (189 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
mexico-us-border.jpg
189 KB, 600x400
Chilean here. going to texas for a month. Bastrop specifically. What to do with South American Budget.
>>
>>1065684
>being this much of a nazi about cigarettes
I didn't know Texas was the Singapore of the Murricas

If you're caught smoking a cig without the stamp do you get caned too?
>>
>>1065684
>Bastrop

Of all places, why Bastrop? My first job out of college was down there and I did not think it was a fun place. It's about 30 miles outside of Austin, which is very fun, but the road there is always extremely congested because of commuter traffic.

I seriously hope you have access to a car because there's no public transportation.

The one nice thing about the town was the state park, and that burned almost completely to the ground in 2011.

Time of year matters too. Are you going now, when it's winter? In a few months, when it's spring and pleasant? Or in summer when it's hot as balls?

>>1065687
>not knowing about interstate cigarette smuggling

Every state in the US taxes cigarettes at a different rate (places that produce them like North Carolina have ridiculously low prices, places like California attempt to snuff out smoking by making it too expensive). There's a lot of illegal money to be made in buying a shit-ton of cigarettes in one state and then going to a different state and reselling them for lower than what they cost there. Think of it as a slightly more elaborate take on the Seinfeld episode about Michigan recycling deposits.

That said, there's practically no enforcement of it unless cops are looking for a reason to be an asshole. The only reason that sign is there is because it's on the New Mexico border, and Texas doesn't want the poverty leaking in.
>>
>>1065687
NY is pretty active about catching cigarette smugglers from Virginia.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/man-busted-smuggle-100k-cigarettes-city-article-1.2274968
>>
>>1065684
Just fucking stay in Chile; America doesn't need your kind
>>
>>1065815
So that's how the loosies get there from virginia...
>>
>>1065796
Reviving thread with tipical texas females. Just staying for February. Just staying there because my aunt lives there. Gonna have a car. Bring it on
>>
>>1066245
All right then. That should make it a lot easier for you.

Check out 6th Street in Austin if you're into bars and music and such.

See the Texas State History Museum in Austin as well.

Pedernales Falls State Park to the west of Austin is nice.

Use the power of the internet to find whatever barbecue place in the area is currently ranked as the best and go eat there.

I'm sure there's a ton of other local stuff to check out. It's been several years since I spent much time in that area.
>>
>>1065959
Some bodegas sell $7 packs of parliaments with VA stamps.
>>
File: FP_7748941_BARM_Eman_EXCL_2.jpg (30 KB, 415x278) Image search: [Google]
FP_7748941_BARM_Eman_EXCL_2.jpg
30 KB, 415x278
>>1066245
>Reviving thread with tipical texas females.
more like pic related
>>
>>1066504
thenkz m8
>>
Bastrop itself is just kind of a small suburb, not a whole lot going on. Its right on the edge of the Hill Country, which can be very beautiful. Just head west or northwest a ways.

If you have a car and are into natural stuff, there are lots of nice places around that area, though its more fun in the summer when its warm. Try The Blue Hole or Jacob's Well. Zilker park in Austin is nice too. Bastrop state park used to be nice but it all burned down in a forest fire a couple years ago, still smells great.

If you want to party, go to Austin. 6th street for theme bars and nightclubs, 7th/red river area for music, of which there is tons in Austin. Lots of cute college girls out too.

If you are super bored, I live maybe 20 minutes from there, post if you wanna grab a beer or smoke a bowl or something.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.