[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /trv/ I'm Chilean and I'm going to New York today
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
Hey /trv/ I'm Chilean and I'm going to New York today (pretty long trip), I'm going to see the Ball Drop there. But the thing is that I have a little bit more than $500 bucks to spend in whatever I want. What would be a good idea to spend it in? Also, What places should I visit?
>>
>Empire state building
>Top of the Rock at the Rockefeller center
>Reflecting Pools at the World Trade center + the 9/11 museum is decent from what I hear
>Wall Street (various financial museums here but I just enjoy soaking up some of the architecture there)
>Transit Museum
>Bronx Zoo
>Central Park
>Walk/ bike across Brooklyn bridge
>Staten Island ferry
>Just spend some time walking around Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Queens, just be careful if you go past 95th st and into the Bronx and Harlem there are some pretty shit neighborhoods in Brooklyn and Queens like Jamaica, etc.
There is a shit ton more to do, I'm not a native New Yorker but those are a few of the things that come to mind.
>>
>>1063605
It depends on what you're into. There are lots of museums,theaters, landmarks, etc.
>>
Watch the ball drop in Times Square is crowded,noisy and uncomfortable. You can't go to the bathroom and can't bring bags. Go to a bar and watch on TV.
>>
>>1063864

Not OP, but most of that seems boring as shit. The only interesting things to me are the Met & Park.
>>
>>1063605

if you like cheap polish food ($9 entrees) go to greenpoint brooklyn, also a lot of delis to get some good sausage
>>
I can't think of a worse hell than being in Times Square during NYE. I avoid Times Square on a regular weekday...
>>
Most of the museaums around Central Park are god-tier, the Natural History being the best i've ever seen. Guggenheim and especially MOMA are also fantastic museaums where you could spend a day.
>>
Cool city
Try to pass on Wall Street and Times Square!!!!
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.