[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Walking around money
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: messengerboy2.jpg (185 KB, 387x643) Image search: [Google]
messengerboy2.jpg
185 KB, 387x643
I'm planning week in Europe and I'm thinking of getting some Euros now since the exchange rate is pretty good.

How much walking around money do you guys take with you when you travel?
>>
I'm not into buying unnecesary shit so just enough for some cigs, food etc.
Really depends on the prices. Just think about an amount of money that you can throw away without being seriously screwed for the rest of your trip.
>>
>>1063354
Geez, could you be more vague? No one knows your spending habits like yourself, or even where you are headed in Europe. Add up your daily meals, like google up some menus if you are that oblivious, or what kind of transportation needs you might need, and then add in some incidentals like a beverage stop a couple of times if hot, or coffee, and maybe a pastry or something you walked past. Maybe you buy local goods, who knows? I buy art, sometimes clothing or shoes, and at times, local gems if they are uniquely mined there.

I don't carry much walking around money unless I fear getting an ATM will be hard where I am going. I prefer not to have more than about USD300 in case of emergency. Instead, I go to ATMs for a good exchange rate taking out only what I need every 3 days or so, calculating that amount on the spot with the information only being there will provide to me, and kind of plan of leaving with 0 bills and coins left, which is usually gifted to the hotel maid and final taxi driver, or a small purchase at the airport like a bottled water, local candy and magazine.
>>
>>1063413
I think you misinterpreted my question, friendo. I was only asking people how much they personally take with them, not how much I should plan on spending over a week, I have that shit under control.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.