[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /trv/, I'm new to this board and I'm sure this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 1451285221628.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
1451285221628.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1365
Hello /trv/, I'm new to this board and I'm sure this topic appears a lot, but how does one go about traveling the world for free?
>>
You really don't.
Nothing in this world is free.
Better to ask about traveling cheaply.
http://imgur.com/gallery/owNWa
>>
>>1064941
>how does one go about traveling the world for free?
Hitchhiking, walking, train-hopping, dumpster-diving, and begging work for lots of scumbags, but you're almost certainly limited to your starting continent. I do not believe there is any realistic way to cross an ocean without paying for it.

Perhaps crewing on a yacht if you're in the right Point A and have skills that someone would desire en route to the right Point B, but I don't see that as a long-distance option--not a lot of private pleasure crafts crossing the Atlantic or Pacific. And you could theoretically get a tourism-related job (cruise ship, guidebook author, tour guide, etc), but they're not many and you would be working more than touring.

All that said, I've done a lot of "free" travel, at least in terms of flights and accommodation, by getting sent on a lot of business trips and keeping frequent flier miles and hotel points. But I still paid for food and fun, and someone else paid to get me the free stuff.
>>
I've never traveled far by myself before.The logistics make me anxious. How do I know where to go to get checked in once I get in the airport? etc
It's confusing
>>
File: it's what's for dinner!.jpg (43 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
it's what's for dinner!.jpg
43 KB, 600x450
>>1064941
sucking dicks. lots of dicks.
>>
>>1064941
>Travelling the world for free
It requires a lot of patience, guts, intuition, suffering, hardships.

Exploitation of others can also get you far, depending on your moral compass.

See these guys, whom I read about not so long ago, went all around. http://www.shareable.net/blog/the-ultimate-guide-to-traveling-without-money here's the link to the article, they're down the page but is called forward the revolution if you search them.
Besides that that article will tell you about different people living and travelling without money.

Personally I spent years travelling europe with no money, and it's a hard lifestyle, with not much fun, but you do tend to meet quite interesting people from time to time.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.