[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people circlejerk about the food in other countries? Every
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Why do people circlejerk about the food in other countries? Every single time I tell a fellow traveler about my plans to visit another country. I get bombarded with

>oh man the food there is AMAZING
>you HAVE to try the food there
>you're going to gain 10 kilos over there
>oh I love the food there

Every single country I've been in the local food tasted either like shit or just alright, or tasted like western food but with a weird twist. Yet every single country people rave about the local food.
>>
>>1064805
They are foodies
>>
>>1064805
>very single country I've been in the local food tasted either like shit or just alright
I'm no gourmet foodie faggot, but sounds like the problem is with you.
>tasted like western food but with a weird twist.
That's because you're a total fucking pleb who sticks to what he knows.
>Yet every single country people rave about the local food.
Wow, people like food. What a shocker.

a) How much have you really travelled? Because it doesn't sound like a lot.

b) You're being incredibly vague about everything anyway.

Go fuck yourself.
>>
I completely agree with OP. Non Western countries do not do food well. It's always good enough so that you can live on it cheaply but you're not going to enjoy it.
>>
>>1064846
In the past month alone I've traveled through 5 European countries, typing this from a Balkan nation right now (whose food is alright).
>>
>>1064805
>every single country people rave about the local food.

Some people are stupid. Some people have little to no basis for comparison, so don't know what they're talking about. Some people have really bad taste.

>>1064862
>Non Western countries do not do food well

LOL, thanks for proving my point. Chinese and Indian cuisines are rightly recognized as among the world's major cuisines. Japan, Korea, Thailand have many good dishes, etc., etc.

>>1064874
>typing this from a Balkan nation right now (whose food is alright).

Almost every country is going to have something that's OK/edible, but you're right -- even though the cuisines of some countries are pretty bleh, you'll find plenty of faggots willing to defend them. White foodie knights, LOL.
>>
>>1064805
OP is delusional saying the food in every non western country is bad, but I agree that often when someone visits a country they will exxagerate about the people and food are SO NICE...food is fairly similar quality in most main cities now and some food is just so basic in the ingredients that i can't vary much so I cringe when I see people eating shitty microwaved pasta and tomato sauce in italian takeaways and call it the best they had in their life (italians will cut corners whenever they can - especially true in tourist areas)...
>>
>>1064954

>italians will cut corners whenever they can
You're telling me. They did a shoddy job on the backsplash in my kitchen.
>>
>>1064805
This has nothing to do with food in other nations and everything to do with the people you talk to.
>>
>>1064955
Heyooo

Lol op food is a huge part of traveling for a lot of people. That, and it's fucking small talk you autist lol
>>
>>1064862
>Non Western countries do not do food well
Seriously? Expand your mind. It's not that they don't make good food, it's that your palette fails to diversify past what you know.
>>
>>1065027
>Palette
I'm retarded, I mean palate
>>
>>1065027
>>1065028
>hurrdurr you like cooked worms and pig brains or you're a pleb
>>
>>1064805
it's something different from what they usually get, and they enjoyed it. Was that so hard, you autistic pice of shit?
>>
well most people think mcdonalds tastes good so there's that

and i think its because they actually take a moment to realise that they're eating when they're on a vacation, rather than just shoving it into their holes while watching tv and fucking around on their phone
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.