[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vacations to Thailand in a month
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: thailand-03.jpg (1 MB, 3000x1312) Image search: [Google]
thailand-03.jpg
1 MB, 3000x1312
Hello guys! Im visiting thailand in a month with my gf! We will stay there for 22 days! We will arrive in bangkok and then we think visiting chiang mai is a good option! after chiang mai( probably 3-4 days) we are going south but we cannot decide where to! Can you recommend me a good itinerary? We arrive and depart from bangkok! Also, What budget should we consider as "safe" ?
>>
>>1058990
900 euro
go to Chiang Rai and Pai instead of Chiang mai
take a bus instead of train from bangkok - if you got money enough just take a plane its not that expensive

street food cost about 1 - 3 euro for good meals
beer is 2 euro for 33 cl
hostel are 3 - 20 euro / night

south i dont know , so much things to see and do everywhere in thailand
als o, dont bring your girlfriend
you'll have pussy enough there that will be 3400 times tighter than your girlfriend
just leave her at home

any more questions , ask
>>
>>1059170
>beer is 2 euro for 33 cl
In shitty bars on Khao San road? Seriously, I can't imagine how anyone can stay more than 10 seconds there without his eardrums exploding.
>als o, dont bring your girlfriend
>you'll have pussy enough there that will be 3400 times tighter than your girlfriend
Good advice maybe if OP is 50+ years old, because nearly all entertainment in Thailand is oriented at this age group. If you're not old, Thai girls will seem ugly and overpriced as hell.
>>
>>1059182
the fuck are you talking about
>>
>Its going to be pretty lame with your gf.
>Avoid Phi Phi, its really shit.
>Koh Tao is awesome and the best island imo
>Avoid Phuket
>Chiang mai is really awesome as well
>800-900 eur/month is really easy
>>
>>1058990
Generally don't ask Thailand advice from the internet people. The country has tons and tons to offer, despite what people say. Yes, especially due to all the fucked up visitors with their high opinions of themselves and vice versa for others, they country is a bit fucked up. Just try to find something nice to do.

Unless you want to party with other white people, avoid highly touristy areas. If you want to see authentic Thailand, be ready to get disappointed. Visit places that middle class Thais visit for best experience.
>>
I'm allergic to fish and was allergic to peanuts, but have pretty much desensitized myself.

What are some filling 7-11 snacks when I'm struggling to find food and some good peanut snacks to keep up my tolerance?
>>
Also visiting Thailand in august but only with the homie. Want to phuck bitches, have great time, see cool things. Anyone with genuine good advice? This thread sucks so far.
>>
>>1058990
See Koh Chang if you get the chance. Really nice atmosphere in the bars, I made some good friends there
>>
>>1059773
keep your bag on your lap when you get on coaches. the bus companies steal shit if you put in the luggage space, seriously.

my main regret is i was too fucking tight. while it sucks to get ripped off, i caused myself unnecessary stress trying to haggle over what were essentially pennies.
>>
I am marrying my thai girlfriend in a few months have to pay 100000 baht and 2 baht gold for lana wedding. Is this normal price
>>
>>1058990
im going with my friend middle of january,
we want to avoid sex tourism and the general degenerates that come with it.

we want to chill and smoke some bud, meet tourists but also experience thailand life as well.

is chang mai or pai good for this? whats the best island to avoid degeneracy?
>>
My quick rundown of the parts of Thailand that I visited :
>Bangkok
Very dense, stuffy city. The air is polluted. I would recommend staying for 3 days at most before moving on to better parts of the country. Lots of tourist sights to see. Beware of scams (google them), especially when it comes to the getting tickets to the kings palace, buying a suit or buying gemstones.
>Phuket
Phuket is an Island. It has many towns along its coastline that cater for families, tourists and whorists. Karon is for families and tourists, Patong for tourists and whorists. Phuket caters for the beach life.
>Kho Phi Phi
Did a day trip to Phi Phi island while staying in Phuket. As stated by another anon, its highly overated although it has a spectacular beech/cove that was made famous by the movie, The Beach. It is usually overrun by fellow tourists.
>Kho Samui
The first thing I noticed about Samui was the airport that I arrived in, its open air. A botanical garden would be a better description. The island itself is beautiful. Well worth a visit and highly recommended.
>>
>Kho Pha Ngan
Did a day trip from Samui to indulge in the Full Moon Party on Hadd Rin beach. Got there at 8pm, left at 6am and the party was still going. A good night to be had, it was a bit of a let down for my musical tastes, I imagined that there would be a big festival athmosphere, it was more like a mile long nightclub. Check dates before you go, if you are staying on the island, hotels insist on a 1 week minimum stay.
>Pattaya
Whores everywhere. This place is on big brothel. Walking street has to be seen. Like Bangkok, this place can get stuffy, there are very few quiet spots, every bar always has the music turned up to 11.
>Chiang Mai
This place is different to all the previously mentioned places because it is up north in the mountains and has no beach. The pace is a lot slower and more relaxed than all the islands and beach resorts down south. I highly recommend this city, there is lots to do.
>Pai
Again, this place is further up north near the Myanmar (Burma) border and even more relaxed than Chiang Mai. It is a small farming town in the middle of the mountains and is usually a degree or two cooler than the south and attracts the canabis/hippy types.
>>Any Questions????
>>
>>1060449
In my 22 days im thinking the following: arrive bangkok, go straight by plane to chiang mai, stay there 3-4 days, then straight to phuket for 8-9 days (i don't know where to go with my gf, want to avoid whores),then i will do a visit to phi phi maybe, then to koh samui for another 6 days and then spend the last 2 days in bangkok! is it okay? about the budget, is 1300-1600€ per person ok?
>>
>>1060460
Your itinerary is good. In Chiang Mai, I recommend going on an elephant safari, the zoo, Tiger Kingdom and Flight of the Gibbon (google for more info). The night safari wasn't the best.
Regarding whores, you won't even notice them unless you are looking for them. As long as you have your girl on your arm, you will be left alone.
Your budget is fine if your backpacking, it might be a little tight if your not. You will definitely manage.
>>
>>1060473
Actually, we already paid for the airtickets to and from thailand..we thinking on spending another 250 for thai flights! So we will have a leftover of 1400€ approx.! We will not backpack, we will stay in normal hotels and maybe bangalows! i've searched the hotels and i found a total 450€ for 20 days! 1000€ isn't okay for food and excursions? we aren't going to drink much alcohol!
>>
>>1060484
Ok, your flights were not included, The budget sounds about right. Eating out is very cheap and Thai cuisine is delicious. Excursions should cost no more than €20 per head. A bottle of beer in a tourist bar will cost between €3 and €4, alternatively you can get it for less than €1 in the local 7Eleven, they are everywhere, just take it back to your hotel and don't drink in public.
>>
>>1060488
Or just drink in public, no one is gonna ccare about what dirty farang does anyway
>>
>>1060473
if you like abusing elephants , yes go to the elephant safari

dickhead
>>
Phi phi is the worst place in Thailand, I've been all over several times and although naturally beautiful it's been ruined, it smells, the beach parties are awful and it's full of the worst kind of tourists.
>>
>>1059786

Could you elaborate on this more?
>>
>>1060449
Are the islands/beaches really that spectacular?
I lived in Florida most of my.life so i'm accustomed to places like key west, miami beach, daytona beach, clearwater beach, bahamas, and other caribbean places

Are these just rated highly because they are the best beaches in this particular part of the world or are any of them actually otherwordly?

Same question applies to places in malaysia and indonesia as well if i may
>>
>>1060503
There are two type of farang anon. Dirty farang and farang. Either way its up to you how you behave abroad, do remember though that the reason you are welcome there is because of previous ferang. Don't fuck it up for the next ferang.
>simples
I do not know if its legal to drink in public in Thailand, but in my years there I did not see it.
>>
>>1060570
Please elaborate as to how an elephant safari is abuse of elephants? In recent years there has been efforts to remove the elephant from the city and it is working. Eons ago the elephant was the "work horse" of Thailand, due to the introduction of the tractor, the need for elephants is in decline in the rural areas. Thus, mahouts (elephant owners and herders) needed an income in light of being made redundant by the internal combustion engine. What they did was, they brought the elephants into the cities and tourist areas as attractions where the elephants did not have good time due to the lack of vegetation and opportunities to cool down by a river or shade of a tree. The asphalt roads did not help the elephants temperament to heat and they quickly overheated and went on a loan stampede (well documented in the 90's), we are talking about an animal who's sole source of cooling, outside of taking a dip in a river, is flapping its ears to draw air across its body.
Anon, I'm all for the ethical treatment of animals, but I know that these animals are doing better that they were 20 years ago thanks to efforts taken by the Thai authorities.
>an elephant safari is not animal abuse
>>
>>1060600
This is what I (namefag) was trying to convey in my little review of Thailand without being biased. It is as beautiful as you can see in the movie The Beach, but there is nothing more to do or see here other than put up with other tourists. Still, with this warning, I also had to see it for myself. No regrtes, but other tourists are arseholes and there are not many toilets on the island
>>
>>1060658
I have never been to Florida, so I can honestly not compare the two regions, sorry anon.
The pictures that depict the beaches of Thailand do not need to be photoshopped and OPs pic is a representation of that, I believe the pic above is Maya Bay from The Beach movie . I hope that description helps.
>>
Is it a good idea to get a tailored suit in Thailand? I keep hearing about how good of a deal it is, but I'm not sure if it's an outdated meme
>>
>>1060691
Doesnt have to be florida, but just comparing to other beavhes, maybe near your home.

Thanks.
I'm not interested in beaches generally, but if they are above and beyond the everyday beach, only then does it interest me
>>
>>1060698
The beaches are good to great. They are clean and the more populous ones have jet ski rental and beech vendors, both of which can be annoying. On the flip side there are less populated beaches that will afford you tranquility without being harassed by vendors. It all depends on how far you are willing to move from the central tourist area. The quality of either type of beach is great, soft sand.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.