[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Military Attire Laws
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: jacket.jpg (464 KB, 1475x2977) Image search: [Google]
jacket.jpg
464 KB, 1475x2977
Hey guys, need some help from any Germans here.

I have this sick ex-airforce coat with shitty old shoulderboards I put on myself. It is the thickest and best jacket I own and I'm planning a trip to Europe, including Germany.

Basically, all I wanna know is will I be legally allowed to wear this with all the anti-military laws? Shoulder boards will be removed if it's necessary.
>>
>>1053676
Yes, you will be able to wear that. Jesus. Does it have a Swastika on it? Does it have an SS Totenkopf on it? If yes, then you wouldn't be able to wear it.
>>
>>1053676
I wouldn't out of courtesy, though. A lot of people take that seriously, at least in America. I've seen people get punched for shit like that. At most a field jacket or something, but if you come off looking military and aren't there might be that one dude that shoves you around.
>>
>>1053677

No, nothing like that. The closest thing to any insignia are the boards and they don't even properly match it.
Just triple checking though, I don't wanna get in legal shit abroad.

>>1053678

I've never had a problem here, being an Aussie and all. But Germans may be different, and from what I've heard, the only way people actually get offended is if you claim to have served or wear medals that would imply you have. Which I will definitely not be doing.
>>
>>1053681
Why would you put shoulderboards on it? You look like a raging faggot. Get out of my country and stay out.
>>
Are u planning on exposing yourself to small children?
>>
>>1053682

They work better than I expected to be honest. You can fuck off back to /pol/.
>>
>>1053676
>/trv/ - Travel
Looks fine to me. I'd take off the epaulet nonsense of course.

Current fashion borrows from military of course, as does the industrial/synthpop military style that is everpresent thanks to a club scene (which is quite bit in Hamburg and other parts of Germany, thanks to multi-day music festival Wave Gotik Treffen in Leipzig each year).

If you are crafty and want to disguise this as a used coat, get some leather trim on the lapel, replace the buttons with new buttons (like from silver to gold, or something classic like tortoiseshell), or some other minor change/alteration where someone isn't going to recognize it and look at you like a poor bum who got it at the Goodwill, but rather as someone who spent $800 at a boutique. A basic shoe repair and dry cleaner will have an alterations persons you can pay for a small fee to fit the coat to your exact specifications (shorter, trimmer sleeve or waist) so it looks more tailored too, or change out those buttons or add some flourish.
>>
File: bastian nazi.jpg (47 KB, 940x627) Image search: [Google]
bastian nazi.jpg
47 KB, 940x627
>>1053681
I'm a Saffa and our police wear trenchcoats like that and you see a lot of people (including a m8 of mine) wear those thick coats.

If you can buy it at a surplus store then it shouldnt be an issue - provided like that German said there arent any references to the SS/3rd Reich

I think one of the Royals got lambasted a few years ago for going as 'n SS/whermacht officer to a Halloween party
>>
>>1053676

That doesn't even look like military attire. It's just a long coat.

>anti-military laws

what?
>>
>>1053710
deutsche fußballmeister bastian
>>
>>1053710
How much for a used Caspier?
>>
>>1053736
/fa/ pls go
>>
>>1053676
Is you pic the jacket in question?

If so - youll certainly be fine legally (but I am no lawyer!) since it is missing the already mentioned Nazi insignia.

However those shoulderboards look weird. And I mean not only in a /fa/ sense, but more in a
>Hm, from what I know about millitary (and pilots, or police and such), that stuff on the shoulders should tell me something like a rank or something.
>He has those things on the shoulders, so he probably is not a civilian, but he is also no military/agency/airline I know off, so he must be weird
sense.

Generally, military surplus is also somewhat common in Germany, outside of neonazis, following various trends.

I dont know the current thing, but not too long ago, a German Field Jacket(Bundeswehrpark, Or an old US one, doesnt really matter) was essentially an insignia of left youth culture, but coats like the one in your picture dont carry any association I know of, besides that they are essentially the basis for about any mens coat. Just remove the shoulderboards.
>>
>>1053676
Shoulderboards are shit, lose them.
Then you have a nice and good looking coat.
>>
>>1053676
>with all the anti-military laws?
What the fuck are you even talking about? Not sure where you get your strange ideas, but you should probably trust /pol/ less.

You shouldn't wear it because it looks faggy and pretentious. The "CA" might make people think you bought it at C&A, an ubiquitous mid-tier German/Dutch fashion store selling 'affordable' fashions. Not very cool, desu.
>>
>>1053768
This.

As somebody who was actually in the army, it would take a three second glance at you to decide you are some kind of an idiot.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.