[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /trv/! My gf and I are going near Pula in Sardinia for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 16
File: sardaigne.gif (43 KB, 424x683) Image search: [Google]
sardaigne.gif
43 KB, 424x683
Hello /trv/! My gf and I are going near Pula in Sardinia for 10 days at the end of July, I was wondering what to do there, I'd like to meet people and enjoy the time there.

If you have anything to share about your own experience in Sardinia or as a local browsing /int/, you are welcome to post here!

We are staying two days near Orosei, a week near Pula then three days in Alghero. Any recommendation?

I speak little Italian but I'll bring a translation manual to help, we will use our own car thanks to the ferry boat.

Thanks!
>>
File: 1452844566466.jpg (261 KB, 736x1101) Image search: [Google]
1452844566466.jpg
261 KB, 736x1101
>>1134859
Hi dude! Sardinian here, I hope you are still following the thread. I would tell you to definitely go to Castelsardo, one of the most beautiful towns of the island. It's quite near to Alghero. Same for Bosa, even more near to it.

Also I don't know what your interests are but you can find informations about a bit of everything about Sardinia here:

http://www.sardegnaturismo.it/en/Holidays

Also, check out this thread where me and another couple guys responded to a Finnish dude who was asking informations about Sardinia as well:

https://desuarchive.org/int/thread/56898955

I posted a lot of stuff there as well.

Have fun!
>>
File: Mamuthone de Mamujada.jpg (226 KB, 1000x807) Image search: [Google]
Mamuthone de Mamujada.jpg
226 KB, 1000x807
>>1134859
>>1135590
If you need other informations ask, of course. I'm the guy who in the old thread was posting with a Portuguese flag.
>>
I'm going to Sardinia for the first time a week from today. We are two couples ~30. We will be staying in Costa Corallina mest Olbia. We plan to have a lunch at S'Apposentu. I also want to go to Orgosolo. I know a tiny bit of Italian but I would LOVE to know some (north) Sardinian words and phrases! I have had a hard time finding this online.
>>
File: Grotta_di_nettuno_sardinien.jpg (917 KB, 2272x1704) Image search: [Google]
Grotta_di_nettuno_sardinien.jpg
917 KB, 2272x1704
>>1134859
>Near Alghero:
Grotte di Nettuno (pic related)
Nuraghe Palmavera
>>
File: momenti58a.jpg (52 KB, 480x590) Image search: [Google]
momenti58a.jpg
52 KB, 480x590
>>1135855
>Just outside Alghero:
Miniera dell'Argentiera: curious and weird place, it's an old abandoned mine, still beautiful to see
>>
File: Tueredda.jpg (116 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Tueredda.jpg
116 KB, 1024x768
>>1135856
>Near Orosei:
Tueredda beach (pic related)
Su Giudeu beach
>>
File: Su-Giudeu2.jpg (176 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
Su-Giudeu2.jpg
176 KB, 1024x681
>>1135863
Sorry, in Tueredda beach and Su Giudeu beach are near Pula, not Orosei
>>
>>1135865
>Near Orosei :)
Orgosolo (pic related): I recommend you to visit this small village that is full of modern frescoes in every single street or alley. Definitely an open-air museum
>>
File: San-Sperate.jpg (387 KB, 1000x724) Image search: [Google]
San-Sperate.jpg
387 KB, 1000x724
>>1135869
>Near Pula:
San Sperate: again, a small village with beautiful wall-paintings in many buildings
>>
File: bosa_sardinia_sardegna.jpg (113 KB, 1170x520) Image search: [Google]
bosa_sardinia_sardegna.jpg
113 KB, 1170x520
>>1135870
>Near Alghero:
Bosa: a colorful seaside village with a medieval castle on the hill. It's similar to Cinque Terre!
>>
>>1135875
>Again, near Alghero:
Basilica di Saccaragia (XII century): it's the most important Romanesque church in whole Sardinia. There are great frescoes inside
>>
File: Serra-Orrios.jpg (517 KB, 800x581) Image search: [Google]
Serra-Orrios.jpg
517 KB, 800x581
>>1135879
>Near Orosei:
Serra Orrios archeological site: it's a nuragic village from the 2nd millennium BC.
>>
File: z090917 184.jpg (519 KB, 1600x960) Image search: [Google]
z090917 184.jpg
519 KB, 1600x960
>>1135890
>Near Pula:
Archeological site of Nora: it's huge and hosts ancients mosaics, columns and an amphitheatre
>>
File: sardu galluresu e sas ateras.jpg (130 KB, 751x1024) Image search: [Google]
sardu galluresu e sas ateras.jpg
130 KB, 751x1024
>>1135831
What words and phrases would you like to know? Also, how much north? I'm from the centre (near Orgosolo) and I speak Sardinian, but on the very north is Gallurese (a variant of Corsican, mutually understandable with the Corsica one) the spoken local language. Also Sassarese in Sassari and Catalan in Alghero. I can quite easily understand the first two, but I'm not a speaker. I could still find a translation of what you want to say, maybe.
>>
File: boes ottana.jpg (67 KB, 480x315) Image search: [Google]
boes ottana.jpg
67 KB, 480x315
Also if you are in Orgosolo's area on the 23 of this month, in Mamoiada, Mamujada in Sardinian (very near to it) there is going to be a "Summer Carnival". I will advise you to definitely go, because in the evening you would be able to see the traditional masks, like the one in the pic I put in >>1135593, but also the ones from nearby towns (pic related) that are usually out only in autumn and winter.

The confirmed ones, for now, are:

- Mamuthones and Issohadores (Mamujada/Mamoiada)

- Boes and Merdules (Otzana/Ottana)

- Thurpos (Oroteddi/Orotelli)

Also in a square there will be wine tasting (local wine is really good, also quite strong) and probably you will find stands for traditional products, especially food, all around the town.
>>
>>1135960
Such a shame we're going home that day!!!

Anything else in the area between the 16th and 22nd? Wine is definitely of greatest interest.

I see S'Appusentu is opening a pizzeria? Sounds awesome.
>>
>>1135953
We'll mostly be on the coast south of Olbia, I think.

Would be nice to be able to say some greetings, anything that will make a local smile. And hoppfully I will get to say something like "your produce looks delicious, I'll take one bunch/bottle/bag please"
>>
>>1136250
Unfortunately I'm not in Sardinia right now, and I don't know about other events. If I find something, I will post it here later.
If you want to buy wine, or other typical products, you can quite easily find them in stores like wineries or similars. A lot of good wine is actually sold even in the supermarkets there.

About it check this post I made for another anon:

desuarchive.org/int/thread/56898955/#56906721

about the best kinds of wine. Also try mirto/mirtu, is a typical liquor of the island and is sold everywhere (Zedda Piras is a good brand, if you have any doubt).

Shops near Orgosolo:

Il Girasole - enoteca/prodotti-tipici-sardi (Piazza Santa Maria della Neve n°3 Nuoro/Nùgoro)

La Rossa: Enoteca (Via Vittorio Emanuele II, Mamoiada/Mamujada)

But there is going to be one in the town as well. I just could not find it on the internet right now. And a lot in Olbia and around it, for sure. Just search for "enoteca" and "negozio di prodotti tipici" near the town you are in that moment, or try asking to the locals.

I don't really know S'Appusentu, have you or one of your friends ever eat there before? Is it good?

1/2 (post was too long)
>>
2/2

>>1136256
I will go with Sardinian then, I think it should be fine. I will put all the accents etc. just to be sure, but if you don't know how to pronounce something just ask.

Hello/Hi! = Salùde!

Nice to meet you, I'm X = Piaghère, so X

The pleasure is mine = Piaghère mèu

How are you? (informal) = Coment'ìstas? (Comènte ìstas, but it's usually fused in the spoken language)

How are you? (formal, also for plural) = Coment'istàes? (Comènte istàes)

Fine, thank you! = Tòttu bène, gràtzias! (Gràtzias = thank you/thanks)

And you? = E tùe?

No problem (responding to "thanks") = De nùdda

Damn/Wow! = Làmpu! (literally means "lightning")

Goodbye! = Adiòsu!

I like it! = M'agràdada! (another version is "mi piàghete!")

Beautiful/cool = Bèllu (masculine, general, used for situation as well "we are going to X" "cool!") bèlla (feminine)

Very beautiful/very cool = Bèllu/a mèda!

Very very beautiful/stunning = ispantòsu (masculine), ispantòsa (feminine)

Good (for food as well) = Bònu (masculine), bòna (feminine)

Very good = bonu meda/bona meda

your product looks delicious = su prodùtu bòstru pàrede delissiosu

I'll take one = àppo a pigàre ùnu (masculine), àppo a pigàre ùna (feminine)

bunch = pagu (I guess? I don't know in what sense you intend "bunch, "ùnu pàgu de cùstu" is "some of this")

bottle = ampùlla (feminine)

bag = bùsta (feminine)

please = pro piaghère

to eat = mandigàre

to drink = bìbere

Also (most common products):
wine = bìnu
food = màndigu
cheese = càsu

If you want more specific (or "colourful") phrases just let me know. About stuff that would make us smile I don't know, I think majority would be impressed/shocked just by you knowing anything in Sardinian and really like that. Also Sardinian is crazy, so maybe people from other parts of the island will pronounce things a little differently, but if you are lucky (and interested) this could be a good argument to start a conversation with them.
>>
File: 1461851640489.jpg (88 KB, 960x641) Image search: [Google]
1461851640489.jpg
88 KB, 960x641
>>1136256
>>1136694
I can't believe I forgot the two most typical Sardinian words. Here for you:

Èia = Yes (we use that even when speaking in Italian, it's going to be recognized for sure)
Aiò = Come on! (hortatory/exortative)/let's go (same, we use it all the time)

Written, those should be eja and ajò, but we pronounce the j differently.

To conclude, since I put the yes:

Nòno = No
>>
Wow!! Those posts on wine and the language were really really nice and helpful! Many many thanks!

About S'Apposentu, I only know what I read online, and that it's the only Michelin star of the island.
>>
>>1134859
What a coincidence, i have a house there.
Visit the ruins of Nora and Chia beach.
Consider Spending a couple of days in Cagliari, the cittadella dei musei and the castle ain't half bad. Foodwise (in Cagliari) you should try either Lilliccu or lo Zodiaco.
Other than that, enjoy the sea and the food.
>>
>>1137255
Ah, ok, sounds interesting. Maybe I will go eat there one of those days,after I come back to Sardinia.

You are welcome!
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.