[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
San Francisco
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: site-photo.jpg (5 MB, 5145x1839) Image search: [Google]
site-photo.jpg
5 MB, 5145x1839
What are some must see/do things in San Francisco, and some fun things to do in Santa Barbara for a day? I'm going to California on July 28th until the 10th of August. I'll be staying in Santa Barbara for a day or two and spending the rest of my time in San Francisco with family. I'd like to see the golden gate bridge, fisherman's wharf, and Lombard street, but other than that I don't have anything on the itinerary.

Suggestions?
>>
If you have the opportunity, take Route 1 from Santa Barbara to SF. One of the most beautiful drives in the country. Stay on 101 until you hit San Luis Obispo.

I'm don't have a ton for SF, but walking around neighborhoods and seeing the crazy angle of some of the streets is neat. You can do that around the Russian Hill neighborhood where Lombard St is. Seeing some painted ladies are cool, neat architecture. Hiking to the top of Twin Peaks is good too.

If you have access to a car, there's a ton in the surrounding bay area that's great. Muir Woods, Napa, Monterey, etc. Monterey is one of my favorite spots. The aquarium is awesome and the 17 mile drive is really scenic too.
>>
>>1137251
If the weather is good, a climb up the Filbert Steps to Coit Tower is seriously picturesque--both the climb itself and views from the the top at the base of the tower are really beautiful. You can then walk down Telegraph Hill into North Beach for some further quality sightseeing, there and in adjacent Chinatown. Climbing the tower gives you still a greater view, but it's optional and not free.

Most locals will discourage Fisherman's Wharf as a tacky, inauthentic tourist trap. It is. But if you're traveling with children they will probably enjoy it, and the waterfront itself has some beauty. Nearby and equally tacky Pier 39 is also best avoided according to most of us, but it does feature a colony of sea lions lounging around that are worth a visit.

A tourist trap that's actually quite interesting is an Alcatraz tour--the boat ride out is pretty, as are the views from the island. The prison itself may or may not entertain you.
>>
>>1137251
Does anyone knows about a good and nice hotel? Im going with my bf from Peru from 14th august to 22 and we dont have much money haha
>>
>>1137776
>we dont have much money
That seems like a bad thing for SF.

I was there last year, and I paid 200+$ per night, for a shitty hotel in tenderloin. It was during a huge conference, though, but even the times outside of that con, it was still at least 100$ more than it should have been.
That said, it still was 200$ cheaper than rooms in the good parts of the city, so I dont know what to think of that.

So the take home message:
Maybe check the bad parts of town, some of which aren't as bad as they are made out to be. See also: >>>1136170
>>
I liked the Kinokuniya mall a lot
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.