[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Long distance motorcycling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: Phase1.png (977 KB, 951x579) Image search: [Google]
Phase1.png
977 KB, 951x579
Hey guys, saw a few threads along these lines so thought I'd post up some of my plans for the beginning of my trip to try get a feel of the places I'm going to and to make sure I don't miss any obvious landmarks or scenic drives. I'm big into my history so hoping to see some good sites.

Looking to drive through most of Eurasia in a large loop over a year. Here's my plans for the first leg which I've allocated 30-35 days for, before cracking into Russia. I'm not from Europe so any information would be appreciated.

Not opposed to good places to meet travellers and drink either. Stops on the map aren't necessarily my stops, just tried to get it on mapping software that didn't limit me like googles.

Cheers,
>>
>>1134018
I would sooner ride straight through Denmark (so head pretty much North at J) and then jump on the ferry from Fredrikshamn to Goteborg. The ride from Goteborg to Oslo is OK, but long, and the Kopenhavn-Goteborg ride will be a dull ride through forests and stuff. I've (bi)cycled from Esbjerg to Fredrikshamn and it was incredible, motorbikes will have to take a different route though but its much prettier. Oslo to Stockholm will be long but beautiful, a lot of pretty lakes and scenery throughout, real quiet and tranquil, gorgeous nature and wildlife.

Finland is full of Finns, but if you HAVE to go there just know that they are a bunch of awkward wierdos who will not help your ass out.

Also sort your visa situation out well in advance if you're thinking of visiting Mother Russia. Bring all paperworks and prepare for a lot of border bullshit.
>>
>>1134022
>dull ride through forests

by that of course i mean farms
>>
>>1134018
The first part of your journey is through some densely populated parts of the EU. I hope you have enough riding experience because that part isnt very motorcycle friendly. Not trying to scare you but it's just very packed roads.

Driving in Germany and beyond should be more of a breeze.

If you're into /out/ you should venture deeper into norway. Not that much north, just northwest a bit. Sweden is pretty much flatter than Norway.

Belgium has some nice cities close to each other with history all over them. My order of importance: Ghent, Bruges and Namur. Flanders is shit for scenic driving though. In Germany try to hit up Berlin and Dresden if you have time.

I have no idea about Finland, but never heard any bad stuff about it.
>>
>>1134022
Sorry mate gonna bombard you with questions here;

How interesting is the ride through the main part of Denmark? Tbh Denmark doesn't seem like it's got a whole lot tourist-wise.

Do you think Gothenburg and Oslo are worth seeing or is it better to head up the eastern coast of Sweden to Stockholm? Finland I'm planning on taking the ferry to Helsinki (heard it's fun), staying a few nights and then gunning straight for Russia.

Visas are gonna be a bitch everywhere i think, I'm planning on continuing to Central Asia so I think Russia will be the least of my issues but my country is pretty neutral and unassuming so I don't think we have any visa difficulties.

>>1134025
I did plan to go to Norway (Oslo -> Bergen -> back to Sweden) but I think it's going to take too much time out of my trip since I have to go after the winter to get through Russia and I want to be back in Southern Europe at the start of summer.

Cheers for the advice guys, anything helps
>>
>>1134018
>Not opposed to good places to meet travellers and drink either. Stops on the map aren't necessarily my stops, just tried to get it on mapping software that didn't limit me like googles.
you can use motoplaner.de
it's made with motorcycle routing in mind
you can also export tracks from there for gps systems if you're into that kind of stuff
>>
File: 1432456487012.jpg (17 KB, 316x239) Image search: [Google]
1432456487012.jpg
17 KB, 316x239
>>1134022
>Finland is full of Finns, but if you HAVE to go there just know that they are a bunch of awkward wierdos who will not help your ass out.

Check your facts cunt and stop generalizing.
>>
>>1134048
too bad on skipping the norway bit, that was going to be the best part of your trip.
>>
File: Total.jpg (247 KB, 1350x658) Image search: [Google]
Total.jpg
247 KB, 1350x658
finished the full itenerary fellas
>>
Stop by for coffee if you're in Göteborg ;) I recommend Universeeum, the Botanical Garden, Gunnebo Slott, Tjolöholms slott etc. They are not too far from the main E6 highway.

Öresund bridge is hideously expensive to cross.. about 50€ one way. Don't forget to bring your "Temporary importation of vehicle" paper when you cross the russian border.
>>
>>1135609
lol you do know you can't enter turkey through a land border on the east right?
>>
>>1135609
Ur route is retarded and really fucking long. Anyways if youre willing to drive some extra miles i'd suggest driving through norway from south to north. Some amazing roads and views there.
>>
>>1134688
Literally Aspergers: the country. Finns have a hard time expressing emotions beyond "morose" and "indifferent" and can't differentiate between the internet and real life. Tell me, do you want to spend extended periods of time with pale faced, humorless, psychopaths?

Gaming is considered a sport in Finland. That's all you need to know.
>>
Skip Oslo. Southeast Sweden is better.
>>
File: TripMongolia.jpg (351 KB, 1178x540) Image search: [Google]
TripMongolia.jpg
351 KB, 1178x540
>>1135898
>Ur route is retarded
how so?
>and really fucking long
and?

OP you can read this thread on advrider, they did pic related. It's a very interesting read
http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/the-road-to-mongolia-on-two-wee-bikes.1098228/
>>
>>1134018
looks like a brilliant trip, I am officially jealous. When/if you make it to Moscow I will offer you a beer and a couch as long as you aren't a complete weirdo.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.