[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
im going to Prague for a week and i would like the usual, places
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: czech.jpg (7 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
czech.jpg
7 KB, 284x177
im going to Prague for a week and i would like the usual, places to visit, cheap places to eat, good night clubs...any info about anything, thanks.
also, i would like to visit karlovy vary and terezin, how can i get there and go back by bus? thanks again
>>
bump0r
>>
File: DSCN1057a.jpg (1 MB, 3505x1728) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1057a.jpg
1 MB, 3505x1728
>>1132763

I really liked the parks in Prague. climb up to that jan zizkov statue and go to the beergarden in the park near the radio-tower. also the park on the other side of the river, climb up to the petrin tower. the castle was cool as well, if you are very tight on money you could skip paying and not visit the interiors of the buildings though.

For food I realy liked Cafe Pavlac, try the rice/chicken sandwich its great. A chinese place called Harmony is nice too, cheap with huge portions.

I didnt really go out to party, but I can recommend Hostel One. they have a bar open until midnight and take anyone who wants to clubs/pubs afterwards.

>pic related view of the castle from petrin tower
>>
I went to Cross Club when I was there, it's supposed to be way less touristy than Karlovy lázně. It was pretty fun, and had cool decorations and shit.
>>
>>1132763
avoid the tourist traps in general. go and eat cheap and really fucking well at these places:

http://eska.ambi.cz/en/
http://www.notabene-restaurant.cz/
http://www.lasadelitas.cz/

amazing cheap beer here:
https://foursquare.com/v/beergeek-bar/542c2ca9498ed70e6b8824f5

seriously, stay away from the touristy 'restaurants'. I spent 120 Euros on a fuckload of amazing food and drinks at restaurants on one weekend and that is an amazing price quality rate.
>>
>>1134373
bumping for op to return and comment
>>
fuck you op for opening a thread and then leaving when people answer
>>
easy guys, i was out this weekend and didnt check the thread. thanks for all the tips, still intereste in how to go to terezin and karlovy vary, also is it worth it?
when i was in cracow went to auschwitz by bus, yes it was worth it but it took almost 2 hours to get there and another 2 to get back and this was with a huge hangover so...
>>
>>1132763
Czechfag here. Just walk around Prague, take the less travelled road and you will be more than fine. If it has "traditional" or "local", you should probably avoid it.

I think your choice of other towns kinda sucks though. Terezín isnt anything more than just a few blocks of barracks and houses inside a brick fortress from 18th centhury.
Karlovy Vary is a city full of russians and souvenir shops, I think you can miss that one out too.

Consider the following:
Český Krumlov: Being the offical go-to historical city in Czech, there is gonna be a lot of Japanese tourists. But its really beautiful, just google it. If i had to choose between this and Karlovy Vary, the choice is clear.

Kutná Hora: They mined silver here back in the medieval age when silver was the bomb. So just imagine Dubai or Qatar, but from medieval age.
Well, anyway, theres a nice cathedral, square, silver mine tours and most importantly the chamber of bones. Google it, its very impressive and might satisfy your slightly cynical taste. I guess you are not European? If not, seeing gothic Kutná Hora is a good choice.
>>
>>1134878
im spanish, will check those places, thanks
>>
>>1134878
also, any brewery where i can eat and drink for not too much? thanks
is the absintherie worth a visit or nah?
>>
another issue, i read that i need a ticket for my luggage too, what ticket, 32czk, 24czk, other?
>>
>>1134885
The small breweries are usally more expensive, so are most pubs in the centre, but hey, does it really matter if you are gonna spend 1 euro or 1,50 on the two beers youre gonna drink? If yes, then just go further until you see a pub without english signs on it and similiar bullshit. Then youre fine.
Absintheries are just a tourist trap. Never been there, but my friend is running the biggest czech fansite dedicated to absinths and he told me thyere not worth it. But maybe hes just too picky.

The luggage is kinda complicated.
>luggage under 25x45x70cm is free
>for bigger stuff, you have to buy this special 16 Czk ticket
>however, if you decide to buy a ticket that lasts more than one day (approximately 100 Czk per day), you can carry one big luggage for free.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask today, im leaving tomorrow.
>>
Good bars are: vzorkovna on Narodni 11 and also shotgun bar u can get weed there but be cool. They will not sell u if u just enter n start asking for weed. Be cool drink 1-2 beers then ask the bartendr
>>
>>1135370
i have one cabin bag, the ones ryan air let you get in the plane with you, i guess i dont need the ticket but will get it anyway, i dont want to be the tourist that gets fucked by the ticket inspector, 16 czk is like 0,5 €, i dont care, thanks
>>1135656
lol, thanks but im not gonna get weed
>>
>>1134480
120euros for 2 days worth of food and booze? That's not "amazing price quality". 65euros or less would be.
>>
>>1135710
op here, went to Belgrade and spent only 100€ in a week going out every night and eating in restaurants, seriously is like Calcuta in there
>>
Not OP, but heading to Czech in a few months.
Did anybody do a day/couple of day trip to Plzen for the brewery, and is it worth it?

Also was looking at Velka Chuchle racecourse, any tips?
>>
Not OP but I'm about to travel to czech in a few days too. I'm from germany and going to visit the obscene extreme at trutnov battlefield.

My question is a little stupid but still i need an answer:
I want to take some weed with me to the festival and I'm trying to figure out how likely it is to get controlled and searched by the police while crossing the border.
Is it very likely to get controlled traveling from germany to czech republic?
>>
>>1136596
>Is it very likely to get controlled traveling from germany to czech republic?

No.

>going to visit the obscene extreme at trutnov battlefield.

very good taste, I approve
>>
>>1136611
>No.
thanks m8
>very good taste, I approve
thanks for that, too. See u there, too?
>>
>>1136596
Assuming you're in a car.
You will most likely not get checked, stopped or whatever. They can sometimes stop a car and check them but as long as you don't look suspicious, they won't. Probably will not even see a cop.
Pretty safe, I've had many friends do it one way or the other across the border and it's always been fine. It's silly though, you will get 3-4 times cheaper weed around here, at a festival for sure. At least from what I've last heard of German prices.
>>
Does anyone know how the alcohol prices are the Krakow Airport?
>>
>>1134885
I went there, if you have never tried absenta give it a try, it tasted kind of good, plus the place is nice as well.
>>
>>1136596
Can't you just buy it there?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.