[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /trv My girlfriend and I are traveling around Israel. We're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 332743.jpg (9 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
332743.jpg
9 KB, 300x225
Hey /trv

My girlfriend and I are traveling around Israel. We're traveling without a plan, but find it rather hard to escape the touristy areas of Jerusalem etc.
Now we've decided to rent a car, but we're still open for suggestions on where to go.

What are the places to see and things to do in Israel?

So far we've considered: Golan heights, some parts of Palestine, Negev desert and The Dead Sea.

l'chaim
>>
>>1135735
You probably won't be able to take the rented car to the Palestinian side.
>>
>>1135735
Hi, Israeli here

You shouldn't skip Tel-Aviv, Haifa and Acre. Bare in mind that parking inside Tel-Aviv can be pretty expensive (about 5$ an hour) so you should park it in your hotel (which I assume you'll be at since you're renting a car) and using public transport which is pretty good. Just notice that it pretty much shuts downs from Friday evening to Sunday morning.

I don't think there's going to be much problem for you to go to the west bank, but there are several areas, especially areas A & B, that you shouldn't enter.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_C_(West_Bank)

I'm available to any question you'll have.
>>
Dead Sea is incredible and climbing massage while the sun rises was great. Of the time I spent in Israel that was the most worthwhile experiences. Jerusalem was cool but had scam prices and was a bit uncomfortable. Tel-Aviv was just a city.
>>
>>1135797
Masada* thanks autocorrect
>>
>>1135735
How long will you be there? What's your budget including travel.
>>
>>1135735
Ironically it's often easier for you as a tourist to travel around Palestine than it is for many Palestinians.
>>
>>1135791
There's nothing wrong with areas A&B. I probably wouldn't go there as an Israeli, but as an international tourist it's perfectly fine.
And yeah I wouldn't skip Tel-Aviv, Haifa and Acre either. Definitely not Acre.
>>1135761
Yep. If I remember correctly it's both not allowed (at least by the car rental companies) and not a wise idea to go to Palestine with Israeli plates. Things can happen to your car when you leave it unattended.
>>
>>1135791
Just because you're not allowed to enter areas A&B doesn't mean you should spread Israeli lies about them. Most of West Bank is perfectly fine for a tourist. There is absolutely no reason to skip out on the WB if you're visiting the area. It's easy enough to get in and out and around. Areas close to the illegal settlers are the only ones to avoid. Palestine proper is much safer.
>>
>>1136139
>illegal settlers
back to /pol/ please
>>
>>1135735
I lived in Israel for a little more than a month.

As the Israeli guy said Tel Aviv, Haifa, Jaffa, Caesaria (SP), and Dead Sea are all cool.

Jerusalem was my least favorite. In fact it seems that only Ortho Jews like it. I thought it sucked big wango and was really tense. But it is good to visit for one day. One of those things you "have to see" but is kinda lame after but you wont have regrets.
>>
>>1136296
Replying to my own post. I also almost got blasteroni'd in a terrorist attack.

I lived of Dizengoff and Shir and was talking towards this shooting:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_2016_Tel_Aviv_shooting

So don't listen to all the morons that say "It is perfectly safe!!!" I think it is better to say "It is mostly safe, but be alert at all times"
>>
>>1136294
Do you really support the Israeli "settlers" in destroying people's homes, olive trees, and grazing lands?
>>
>>1136294
This is a commonly held belief amongst.....well everyone really (Zionists aside). As much as I like Israel it's pretty clear that they're purposefully sabotaging any chance for a two-state solution by annexing the West Bank.
>>
>>1136448
>>1136294
>>1136449
STOP

This is /trv/ - travel. Keep all the MUH PALIS MUH SHOAH MUH SETTLERS shit out of this thread. Both sides.
>>
>>1136294
hardly a /pol/ tier post not like he said "burn jews"
>>
>>1136450
OK fair enough.

Anyway, does Israel have any unique fast food establishments of their own?
>>
Check out a group called Secret Tel Aviv on Facebook for events and shit to do in the merkaz (center, Tel Aviv, hertzeliya, that area)
>>
>>1136451
True enough -- it is nonetheless an off topic political conversation. Something doesn't have to be /pol/ tier to be off topic.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.