[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey travel! Me and my girlfriend are road tripping from Cabada
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 499x568) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 499x568
Hey travel!

Me and my girlfriend are road tripping from Cabada into the America in October. We're seeing all of the landmarks, cities and doing the goofy touristy stuff like Area 51. Coast to coast.

I have some questions for you.

>where can we see the most wild animals and critters?

We love things like swamps, tide-pools, insects, salamanders, fish.. All the strange little weird stuff. We've never been to the ocean much so we're hoping to see some bigger, exciting stuff too! There's not a lot in Canada; so ALL suggestions would be rad!

>where are great little strange stores, markets or weird shops?

They don't even have to be stores to be honest. We just like strange or quirky things. We're going to Salem for this; but we're hoping for other things.

Anything you guys have to add would be fantastic. We love science, the medical field and zoology.
>>
>>1134940
What exactly is Cabada?

Area 51 isnt touristy, it's a military base that you can't access unless you want a bullet in your skull.

The southwest usa is an awesome place with shitloads of national parks. Go down from Yellowstone to utah, arizona and Socal.

You have sites like Weirdusa, california through my lens and roadtrippers for roadside attractions. A lot of abandoned stuff along route 66 is cool, but the actual route isn't. It's an old road with the quality of a romanian highway.

To be honest, I can give you a shitload of tips but you need to specify your route more. I'm pretty versed on California, Utah, Nevada, Colorado and Arizona (and Wyoming for Yellowstone). The Deep South can be interesting too.But work on a general route and people will be more inclined to help here.

I've done a roap trip last year and it included shit like Salvation Mountain, Bombay Beach, Slab City, Cabazon Dinosaurs, Twin Arrows Trading post, Mesa Verde national park, desert christ park, Elmer's Bottle tree ranch, the chinese lions in the SoCal desert on route 66 near mecca, abandoned dog racing track in arizona, Arcosanti, Titan Missile Museum, the Tucson Airplane graveyard, Roswell New Mexico, White sands Military base and national park nearby, etc. So i know what you're looking after, there's just SO MUCH stuff like that.
>>
>>1134972
We will be doing both Roswell and Area 51 (just the border of course!)

We will be going down from edmontonton towards California, to Las Vegas, to the Grand Canyon and Texas;

Then keeping it pretty southern, all the way until we hit the ocean again, head to Florida, New York City, then Salem and hopefully Graceland.

...and hopefully everything in between. I have written down almost everything you've listed to see if it's in our area as we're heading through the states!!
>>
>>1134972
Also, we're coming from *Canada. Edmonton, Alberta.

I'm using my itouch so my spelling is garbage.
>>
>>1134940
Check out the Mutter Museum in Philadelphia, PA. It's a medical museum with all kinds of really strange shit.
Also, Great Smoky Mountains National Park is really nice.
>>
>>1135102
Mutter museum looks AMAZING! Thank you!!
>>
>>1135104
You get 1 tip from him and go crazy and the other guy listed like 10+ things.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.