[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Staying in Dhaka, Bangladesh for a week. The visa on arrival
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: kpdj40T.jpg (388 KB, 1885x2669) Image search: [Google]
kpdj40T.jpg
388 KB, 1885x2669
Staying in Dhaka, Bangladesh for a week.

The visa on arrival requirements say this:
"Visitors must possess minimum US Dollar 500 or equivalent of Foreign Currency in Cash or Credit Card."

I have $265, a debit card (not a credit card) and a bank statement showing I have something over $2k.

Would that be ok, or is a credit card a must? I could also make up the difference using GDP, but I know I wont need that money.
>>
>>1133530
I don't think you really should be worried. Few people travel there so there isn't that much accurate information on the visa on arrival. I can give you my own experience though.

>fly to Dhaka last year
>be prepared with things like letter of invitation from local
>border guard actually doesn't care, he just wants me to fill out the form and to see the name of my hotel
>pay $51 and I'm in

Talking to some others who also got VoA, they were only asked about the hotel they're staying at. So have that as a printout. Unless you're staying with friends/family, in which case have their address handy.

What are you in Dhaka for an entire week anyway?
>>
>>1133530
You white?

I would not worry too much. Granted, I haven't been there for 20yrs.
>>
>>1133530
Are you still alive OP?
>>
>>1134121
He posted this same question again as a new thread, so chances are he doesn't read any of the replies.
>>
>>1133594
Huh. This is encouraging, but I don't want to spend an 11-hour plane ride sweating and worrying that I'm going to be sent straight home. Is a LOI difficult to get?
And did you need proof of a hotel for every night of your stay?
>>
>>1134127
They only wanted a printout of the hotel where I first stayed at. I stayed one night in Dhaka and then went off to other parts. So just have your first hotel booking printed.
>>
>>1133530
journalist?
>>
>>1134128
Thanks. How's the food there?
>>
I've never considered going to Bangladesh but now I'm sold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWJBBy2bK5c&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>1134122
I did read the replies for both threads yesterday. I was surprised that this one was still up.

So from all the info I've seen at various places it seems clear that you need:
- around $50-55 cash (seems to vary, some people calling it an added tax)
- a hotel booking printout or a letter of invitation
- they may check you have 500 USD but most likely wont, some people say they just showed their credit card.

The attacks yesterday are a little unnerving. I am white and I'm hoping the news doesn't make things worse for foreigners after the fact.

I'm going there because I want to see a friend, so of course while I'm there I might as well experience what I can.
>>
>>1134173
Chin up, they're famous for being among the friendliest people in the world.
Logically I don't see how this shit would make things worse.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.