[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Travelling to Italy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Next month I'm travelling to italy, might go without friends. I'm doing 12 days to Milan, Venice, Florence, Pisa, Rome, Naples, Pompeii.

Any tips?
>>
In Venice check out San Zaccaria church's flooded catacombs, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Zaccaria,_Venice it's only a stones throw away from St Mark's square and it is beautifully atmospheric and lovely and cooling on a hot summer's day. Also Florian's in St Marks Square is THE PLACE to have afternoon tea (do it inside and you'll see the wonderful artwork too) have a pot of their blossoming tea if you can afford it my wife and I went there for our first wedding anniversary and I surprised her with that. The big bell tower in St Marks square costs next to nothing to get in and has the most stunning views you'll ever see of a city in your life. The waterbus is a great way to not only get places in Venice, but it is cheep and a great way to see the city. If you're an Indiana Jones fan you'll want to see Campo San Barnaba while you're near the Rialto Bridge and have a drink in the plaza Indy and Elsa come up in after bit in the catacombs in the Last Crusade. The Rialto Bridge itself is a bit of a let down at the moment because some shitbag Jeans company has paid to have it covered up with their advert while it is being repaired (way to ruin the good PR you got for funding the restoration you idiots).

Don't Visit the Lido in Venice it is like Bennedorm and the beach is shit. Do go on a visit to Murrano if you like glass, because the stuff you'll see in the showroom gallery there will blow your mind. The glass factories will arrange for free trips to Murano run by the factories so if you have the time then go for it but St Marks basilica, the Doges Palace, the bell tower, San Zaccaria and Florian's should be your priority if time is precious.

Italy will be VERY HOT in July so make sure to take a hat and a huge fan along with some bottles for water (Rome and Venice have nice fresh cool water fountains you can top your bottles up at as you walk around).
>>
>>1133110
Thanks I'll definitely go to Campo San Barnaba and St. Mark's Square. How much do gondola rides usually cost?

Any advice for Rome and mostly I want to go up Vesuvius in Naples?
>>
>>1133098
Avoid pickpocketers (in Napoli)
>>
>>1133140
Is pickpocketing very high throughout italy?
>>
>>1133143
Not so much, only naples is a very dangerous city. You should maybe be careful in Rome because there are a lot of restaurant that takes advantage of tourists.
>>
>>1133143
Lots in the touristy cities (Milan, Venice, Firenze, Rome, Naples). Funny how that works out with your itinerary.
>>
Is there a pass I can get in Rome for the sites?

Also has anyone here gone to Vesuvius?
>>
>>1133163

What type of scams would you find in restaraunts? Or any scam that isnt nigger tier/takes some forethought to accomplish?

Im going to rome/naples for a week before i go off on my own for a few months. Im pretty well versed on what to expect (no menus with no prices listed, no resturants near tourist hotspots, no buying strangers a drink, etc etc) but i figured id ask just in case i missed something thats not blatantly obvious.
>>
>>1133337
Then you should be ok but check if the bill is correct as some restaurants try to spice it up with tourists.
Also some bars in rome charge ridicoulus extra if you sit down at a table, so ask in advance how much is the service price.
>>
>>1133337
You mostly need to look out for pickpockets on public transport. Also if you are in Venice, it's better to find accommodation in the mainland because it's definitely cheaper.
Water bus tickets are €7 each for tourists, if you plan on using it often get a bus card, it looks expensive but you'll save money in the end.
Don't, for any reason, sit down in a cafe in St.Mark's or anywhere near it unless you're not very attached to your money.
Gondola rides are 80€ for half an hour. You have been warned.
Go drink a spritz (classic cheap cocktail) in Campo Santa Margherita with local uni students. Make new friends.
Go see the Jewish Ghetto, it's ancient and beautiful.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.