[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Europe by rail?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: lasers.jpg (1 MB, 1049x720) Image search: [Google]
lasers.jpg
1 MB, 1049x720
Going to western Europe for a week. How do I into Germany from Spain?

Details in next post.
>>
File: lab.jpg (68 KB, 1024x577) Image search: [Google]
lab.jpg
68 KB, 1024x577
Hey /trv/, I'm going to a conference on lasers in Barcelona for a week. Science talk's over on July 29th. I've never been to Europe before, so I plan to take a week, departing Barcelona on July 30th. My return flight is out of Munich really early on August 8th.

General idea: end up in Munich two days early for the biergartens. I want to get a multi-country Eurail pass and see sights along the way.
1) I'm looking for three or four key sights that don't take me too far from the train.
2) Do you recommend Airbnb or hostels?
3) Ideas: Neuschwanstein Castle, Black Forest, something in Southern France/Northern Italy
4) I can spend a few hundred to ~$2000. I have my finances squared for Spain, France, Switzerland, Italy, and Germany.

TLDR
What the fuck am I doing?
>>
Rail is super expensive.

Take EZ Jet, go anywhere in EU for dirt cheap
>>
There's no reason for you to rail from Spain to Germany unless you make several stops on the way and take your time checking out wherever you are. Flying will be much cheaper.
>>
>>1132438

Yeah, exactly. I want to make three or four solid stops between Barcelona and Munich. I'm looking for ideas: where to visit, stay, and how to manage my time. I can spend a night or two at each stop. I'm open to France, Northern Italy, Switzerland, and Germany.
>>
>>1132255
>Neuschwanstein Castle
I never understand why people bother with this meme faux-castle. Literally who cares.

I'd check out Avignon or Montpellier, Bologna, Vienna and Munich.
>>
>>1132536
Perfect. I want to avoid the memes. Looks like cathedrals, palaces, and museums are solid options. Any restaurants or cool spots in these cities in mind?/Anything specific to the late July/early August dates? I didn't even consider Austria, but Vienna's a great idea.
>>
>>1132970
>Anything specific to the late July/early August dates?
During this time there are thousands of little festivals (especially Kirchweih/Kerwa) and celebrations in Bavarian and Austrian cities. Practically (actually literally to be honest) every village has something going on. If you want to experience the actual people and the country just go to a smaller one in one of the towns near Vienna or Munich or look for one at the stops. Passau, Regensburg, Straubing for example.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.