[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Azerbajian-Baku
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
Going to visit Baku in late august,
I know basically nothing about this place,anybody here been there?,any does and donts?. How is the nightlife,if there are any?
>>
>>1131556
The Azerbaijanis love their nightlife. There are several clubs and discos throughout Baku. Don't make fun of their goverment or so on etc. They'll either arest you or kick you out. For do's though, you can always visit many of their skyscrappers and arenas. It's a corrupt and not so interesting nation. But, worth a visit if you want to see something diffrent.
>>
>>1131556
I've been in Azerbaijan for two months, but I lived at the other side of the country, in a small town, so I didn't get to spend too much time in Baku.
From what I've seen, the center is very beautiful and clean, a lot of historical places to be found and a sweet combination with modern architecture.
In terms of nightlife, there are a lot of bars and clubs, people really hang out a lot there.
But the farther you move from the center, the worse it gets, there's a stark contrast between rich and poor, clean and dirty.
Also, if you're going to live farther from the center, take a taxi back to the hotel, the metro closes as 12.

Hope I've managed to help.
>>
>>1131556
if you just want, there are better places to go to, but Bakü is fine too I think.
I've had a several Azerbaijani friends, and when I asked them to what to do as a tourist, they said that I should travel to other cities besides Bakü, like Gence.
If you can get to Iran (visa-wise), I'd also travel to Tebriz. Tebriz is the historic capital of Azerbaijani people, and is more important to see as a tourist in my opinion. Although I doubt the night life is as lively in Tebriz as it is in north.
>>
>>1131556
B A K U
A
K
U
>>
>>1132115
if you just want night life**
>>
Thank you for all the answers and tips guys!
Much obliged!
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.